Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Micra 1l (Japanese import), slight problem

Options
  • 30-05-2005 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

My wife got this Nissan Micra 1.0, 1996 (Jap import with 80.000 km). I got a chance to drive it recently and was amazed with the lack of power (hence speed) when the car is going uphill. You can press the accelerator as mucjh as you want but it takes its time... I have tried using VTech from Sjhell in the hope that it will cleanse the system but nothing has improved. Would changing the fuses help? I though of adding a small bottle of the additive (STD I think) just to see what would it do. Otherwhise the car is OK.
    BTW, can anyone recomend a good mechanic servicing this particular brand. I understand thatthe fact thta the car is an impoirt means that starndard Irish Nissan garages will not touch it. I live in D 15
    TIA

Forgot to mention that it has an automatic transmission

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

maybe its normal i mean its hardly a powerful car

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Black out the windows, put a huge sticker on the back window saying MICRA, stick a chrome exhaust add-on, and voila, your car will be a demon racing machine. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

Cyrus wrote:
    maybe its normal i mean its hardly a powerful car

OI know that but with one single person in the car (I am not extremely heavy) I thought a 16V car would be quite faster.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

prospect wrote:
    Black out the windows, put a huge sticker on the back window saying MICRA, stick a chrome exhaust add-on, and voila, your car will be a demon racing machine. :D:D:D
    :D ROFL :D

Advertisement