Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

six subject study...or more?

Options
  • 30-05-2005 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭

So have people just concentrated on the six subjects they know they're counting or are ye going hammer and tongs(?!) at all 7/8??
    Im not doing a bit for my 7th subject cos its pass maths and as long as i dont fail it, i dont care!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I do ordinary Irish and I don't bother with it, I haven't actually done a bit of work for it and I sleep in class. Anyway I'm just concentrating on 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

Yeah i thought i'd be able to not worry about maths when i dropped this september, cos it would be my only pass subject.
    then i got 40% in the mock and got very scared. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

Wont concentrate as much i Maths maybe do some this weekend and next weekend. Because id really be trying to aim for an A because when you think about it that 60 points, and thatd make up for getting a pass in one of my honours subs!But its very unlikely ill get an A. Its so hard to make time for all 6 damn subjects

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

age old argument but i really dont know how they, the powers that be, think we can learn 7 or eight courses properly.....I know maybe two well, and half know the rest :(
    oh well, nearly there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Doing the 8. Need a C3 higher maths for course but want a good B anyway. English is my worst subject so not doing much work there but still trying to do a bit for poetry, Hamlet and comparitive.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Simona1986, make sure you don't fail English, because if you do you can't get into college - no matter how many points you have.

I'm doing seven higher subjects, and I honestly don't know which is my wors, so I'm going at all seven - although I find it really hard to study Spanish, because I don't know what to do (apart from learning tenses) I got a B in it in the mocks and I have no idea how to improve it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

Fishie wrote:
    Simona1986, make sure you don't fail English, because if you do you can't get into college - no matter how many points you have.

I'm doing seven higher subjects, and I honestly don't know which is my wors, so I'm going at all seven - although I find it really hard to study Spanish, because I don't know what to do (apart from learning tenses) I got a B in it in the mocks and I have no idea how to improve it

yeah, I'm doing 8, all at honours, but really don't know which ones to focus on because there's much of a muchness between most of them...possibly my worst would be Irish or English, but my English has gotten better because I've actually practised! and my Irish....it will really depend on the paper...
    feeling the pinch of 8 though *sigh*

:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I was doing 8, but I dropped one because it was just too much. Blah. My worst subject just varies - sometimes it's Maths, sometimes it's Irish, etc. I wish it was more clear-cut so I could just concentrate on six! But I guess it's nice to know that if one goes absolutely crap, I still have six other subjects to fall back on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

just the 6 for me. Ordinary Irish is a night before job

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Back in the day, I concentrated on 6. I did nothing for pass Irish at all, and very little for honours English. Wound up having a bit of a disaster in accounting, and counting English for points...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Nah - there isn't a chance of me failing. I got a C1 in the mocks with no work whatsoever and I'll have done a small bit come the 8th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Cherry_Pie

Im focusing on 6! I can't get my head around Chemistry at all!!! I try and try! Any one got any Chem tips!??? I need help , pleeeease! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

At the moment, I'm focusing on 5. I'm doing higher Irish, but I go to an Irish speaking school so it's easy for me to study at the last minute. And I'm doing ordinary German so I'm not putting much work into that. I'm focusing mostly on Business, Maths and Geography.
    The other two, English and Accounting should fall into place sometime within the next week :D

Advertisement