Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking phones for roaming

Options
  • 30-05-2005 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm a meteor pay as you go customer and I'm off to South Africa for the summer. However, I want to unlock my phone so i can use a local network sim when im over there. I also want to be able to use my meteor sim for receiving texts n ****.

Anyone know how to unlock a phone for roaming?

The reason im asking is cos meteor wont do it because the handset im using is not the original handset I got 4 years ago! :eek: what a bunch of pricks

Anyway, any help appreciated, cheers

/bollox, i posted this in the wrong forum, could an admin please move it to mobiles/PDA's? cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭rondjon

Chunks wrote:
    The reason im asking is cos meteor wont do it because the handset im using is not the original handset I got 4 years ago! :eek: what a bunch of pricks

But is it still a Meteor handset? If so, they will unlock - at a price.

If not, where did you buy it? If it came with some network, whichever and wherever, they'll unlock for you - again, at a price.

Otherwise just google for it - your handset and unblock, unlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Check out the thread on unlocking in the Comp -> Net/Comms -> Mobile/PDAs forum

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Is it tri-band, or quad-band? SA may not use the same system over here, so unless your phone suppports their system, unlocking it won't do much good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 feliwilli

Dude when you do get your phone unlocked, and jet off to SA, use Vodacom. Its better value than the other 2, MTN and CellC. Expect a sim to be about R200. And remember "bru" means a brother from another mother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

what phone is it, if its nokia then it can be unlocked online for free.

please tell us what fone it is so we can help u

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 cheema

drdre wrote:
    what phone is it, if its nokia then it can be unlocked online for free.

please tell us what fone it is so we can help u

Could you please help me to Unlock Nokia 6680

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You really need to be asking over here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=411. There is a big sticky thread up the top regarding unlocking.

However, AFAIK the 6680 can only be unlocked by your operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

to unlock most nokia phones go to www.nokiafree.org

Advertisement