Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Video Equipment

• 30-05-2005 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know of any companies in Ireland, mainly around the dublin area, where I can rent or buy blue or green screen equipement? Or any links to tutorials of how to create your own at the lowest cost? I was thinking of just buying blue or green fabric and stretching and stapelling it to some kind of frame or canvas but i've no idea... anybody got any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭film_gonzo

thats all a blue screen is when the big film studios do it. Just blue or green felty fabric. Im sure there are basic sfx software packages out there now to be able to do that stuff on the cheap. Couldn't recommend any though as I wouldn't be sure which ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭trekkypj

There's no need even to do that!

It's entirely possible to create blue/green-screen effects using pieces of plasterboard and special chromakey paint.

Here's a URL that explains the process...

http://www.seanet.com/Users/bradford/bluscrn.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

All you need to do is get a sheet of one colour, doesn't have to be blue or green, just a colour that wont appear anywhere else in the picture, then light it without creating shadows.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Excellent guys thanks, gonna have a route at home later for old blue or green bedsheets that I can stretch out, cheers. This will greatly help the Quantum Star Trek Wars planned movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

incase your art skills aren't too good have a look at
    http://www.video100.com/chromascreens.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Well erh, check my website www.stevetrek.com I'm not a video n00b, but thanks anyways I found most of these sites on google anyways. Cheers thought I appreciate the help though.

Advertisement