Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take eircom to connet you?

• 30-05-2005 1:07pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I ordered broadband from eircom on their website on the 19th of May and I still havent heard back from them yet about when they are going to connect me.

Could someone tell me if they send you an email or ring you before they come to connect you up and how long does this usually take?

Thanks fot the help. They are really starting to annoy me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

When I ordered broadband last summer it took a month to be delivered by post and you have to connect it up yourself. It should take about 5 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

gone are the good ole days of summer 2003 i think, when i ordered on the website, got a call the following day that the modem was sent out and received my user/pass. modem arrived 2 days later , and for the hell of it tried it out, and voila, line already activated.

These days it seems to take forever for people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

2 Weeks seems to be the average for all my clients. You connect it yourself (unless you have Eircom Phonewatch or other Alarm monitoring devices)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

snappieT wrote:
    2 Weeks seems to be the average for all my clients. You connect it yourself (unless you have Eircom Phonewatch or other Alarm monitoring devices)

it has been over 2 weeks now and I have received no contact from them at all. I think I will have to ring them up at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Slightly off topic - in terms of Broadband, But I'm waiting 7 months for Eircom to give me a line. I'm in a new house in Clonee, sourrounded by Broadband enabled housing. I can't even get a land line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

i am waiting 15 weeks; "Line unable to be tested","no test results", "not conected to the testing system" !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

they are useless in that place. They have no system at all when it comes to keeping people informed on whats going on.

Really are a ridiculous company. If I only I could have gone with another company I would have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Paul2420

I ordered it last week and got it in 5 working days. The line was enabled within 3 days. :)

Advertisement