Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't Order BT DSL Products With Line Rental...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Same here. Ordered on the 6th June .. Modem Arrived on 15th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

when i ordered bb of esat for the 2nd time (wont go into the details about 1st time fiasco again) everything seemend to be going swimmingly until i had to ring them about 10 working days after i placed the order cause i received an email from a mate in the last place i used to live saying SDS had tried to deliver a package to the old gaff. Rang esat and they confirmed they had sent the modem and i should have had it by then but couldnt confirm where they sent it to or give me a tracking no. They said they'd sent it again. Ended up paying €7 to get the package from sds redirected to new address, incase it wasnt the bt modem.

Ended up with 2 modems.
    actually must put up a post on the Computer hardware For Sale forum....

Oh and they also told be that as soon as the bb became active they would automatically cancel my Anytime dial up subscription. They still billed me for the next 2 months of it. Rang up and got it refunded on next bill so that was ok.

other than that it has been grand.
    except for that time my speeds started to crawl and had to ring support....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

My line went active today. The modem is reporting the downstream speed as 1024 Kbps yet I signed up for Broadband Plus (The BT account page confirms the "Plus")

Anyone else on Plus not getting the full speed?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Nyum Nyum wrote:
    My line went active today. The modem is reporting the downstream speed as 1024 Kbps yet I signed up for Broadband Plus (The BT account page confirms the "Plus")

Get on to support straight away and ask them what is going on. Threaten them that if they attempt to bill you for the plus product without sorting out the speed issue you will get on to Comreg etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Nyum Nyum wrote:

I'm in the same boat .Was onto support on tuesday and they checked it out and confirmed it should be 2mb. They put through an upgrade order and said it would take a couple of days. She took my mobile number and rang back on wednesday with an update and that the order was progressing and would contact me when it was complete.
    All in all I found their support excellent so ring them and they'll sort it.
    Just in case though I'll buzz them again friday to check ;)
    Maybe it's just a hangover thing from the UTV connection Nyum Nyum :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ugh. i was thinking of going with them unless smart got their act together by monday...
    i guess i might as well sit tight - i'll prolly have smart before i could hope to be connected with esat

Advertisement