Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New motherboard advice

Options
  • 30-05-2005 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

I've found myself in need of an unexpected upgrade (dramatic motherboard death sadly) and because of finances I need to hang onto my agp card, which means I can't follow the masses and go for an nforce4 board. I need a socket 939 board and it'll be running a venice cored 3200 with mushkin level1 ram, it looks like a choice between an nforce3 or via chipset, and god knows what manufacturer.

I'd like to overclock the venice with a decent cooler so overclocking options would be handy in the bios, has anyone got any suggestions that would suit the venice overclock with an agp slot, i've in the past had good experiences with msi but my recently departed abit nforce2 board was more than a little tempramental (overclocking consisted of minor changes followed by constant cmos jumper resets...)

Any advice much apreciated, the rather sudden need to upgrade has left me a little unprepared knowledgewise :(

ps: any idea if the 380watt antec in a sonata case would run my system (overclocked venice 3200/5900 ultra/dvd writer/ide hard drive/sata drive) ?

Comments

Advertisement