Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Third Republic

Options
  • 30-05-2005 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

HEard someone say they are including the franco-prussian war, i wouldn't.

Standard 8 paragraphs

Intro
    Commune
    Boulanger
    Panama
    Dreyfus
    Church
    LA Belle Epoque
    COnclusion

Debating should i include the - republic or monarchy? paragraph somewhere.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Finch*

yes do include it, forget la belle epoque

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

BUT if its successes and achievements?

What do u do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

it can come up as "how did the loss in The Franco-Prussian War influence the 3rd republic" or sumtin like that, therefore you have to have a paragraph on why they lost, or else your cumulative mark is out of 50 instead of 60, nd you cant get an A in that essay. the rest can be you 3rd rep essay, with commentary relating to unstable gonv't because Rep. born out of defeat, public dissilusionment with gov durin Scandals, ie. because the gov lost war.
    can include positives ..."however, 3rd republic had success in"
    1)colonies
    2)belle epoque
    but unless it says something bout Franco/prussian war, dont write bout it.

essay:
    1)intro
    2)boulanger
    3)panama
    4)panama
    5)dreyfus
    6)church
    7)church
    8)colonies
    9)belle epoque
    10)conclusion

only got 64/80 in that, need at least 1 more, should prob stick in commune, but that bores me :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭exiztone

How in depth do you go with the commune paragraph? There's so much that happened, I'm not even sure what's relevant for a standard question: successes/achievements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

i got 76 out of 80 for mine.

With regard to commune, don't discuss the events really just the results and effects moreso. Thats what i was told anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

exiztone wrote:
    How in depth do you go with the commune paragraph? There's so much that happened, I'm not even sure what's relevant for a standard question: successes/achievements.

yeah you can throw in colonies and belle epoque there for standard q, commune is plain confusin!

Advertisement