Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geog-leaving out physical?

Options
  • 30-05-2005 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

anyone else leaving it out totally.
    I actaully don't see the point in me learning it,because every test/assignment iv ever done on it iv gotten a c.
    doing Social instead, the Aerial Photograph q, iv always gotten a's in that.
    but the average mark in that in the exam is 50-60%- is that just cos people do it without preparing properly for it, if their physical q doesn't come up or whatever?
    cos i really cant fuuck up geog, i need the A :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

what are you doin you cant be serious about leaving out physical you can learn off nine landforms and be sorted they never change just learn them. stupid photo is unrelyable and totally random roysh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

if u doing fieldwork (which i'm not) i can see the logic in dropping physical with regard to those killer part b's but if ur not doing fieldwork i woudn't recommend dropping it. Photo is decieving looks easy but isn't as easy as u think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

yeah leave it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

I might leave out the physical question if i prefer the social one on the day.

Any one got tips for the social question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

yeh dont do it do phsical and field work both can be prepared for the day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

yeah doing fieldwork, that and q5 (which i love and every1 else seems to hate) should bring me up loads. qb's are the easiest parts of physical!!
    i think i'll glance over galciation, i have my own notes written out on it, but i'll defo do the photo, its plain old common sense- q."4 types of residential land use"-a. "the tall building in the reight centre appears to be an apartment block. Manily young profesional couples live in apartment blocks, as it facilitates commuting to work in an urban area. Also, apartments tend be less expensive then houses in the outskirts of the towns, which also appeals to young couples.ect ect high crime rate, no green space, unsuitable for families with children.. blah blah blah" see i just made that up!
    (thats my geog revision done for the day!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 MadOne!!

Yea i'm leavin the physical out but i'm not sure its a good idea!! I'm happy with regional and fieldwork and map work but not at all with social! shud i stick with social or try and learn all the physical?? I know its a bit late to be only decidin this now!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

MadOne!! wrote:
    Yea i'm leavin the physical out but i'm not sure its a good idea!! I'm happy with regional and fieldwork and map work but not at all with social! shud i stick with social or try and learn all the physical?? I know its a bit late to be only decidin this now!!!
    it depends on how you generally do in phys-v-social, eg. how did you do in the mocks?
    in my case, i got almost full marks in social, and the phys. bit which was part of the map q (q1) (the glaciation evidence on the map q , if anyone had the same paper as moi), i got 19/40 for what i thought was a pretty good answer.

but if you havin trouble, do phys cos thats straight learning but don't forget the b parts! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

im leaving it out too... doing fieldwork and photo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

(the glaciation evidence on the map q , if anyone had the same paper as moi)

Yes, I had the same Mock! Snap! I did the Physical and Fieldwork, and got 80% (B1 by a margin of <1%). The physical was so easy, Coasts. I would definitely advise doing Physical.

• Advertisement
Advertisement