Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

southside vs northside

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

dRNk SAnTA wrote:
    and what does the state of this country really have to do with how amazingly brilliant us southersiders are at everything.

Ed 4 Taoiseach

thank you for proving me point. (re:above)

i suppose you could call me middle class, doesnt mean i'm a snob like ur little chums. as far as im concerned everyones just as good as the next person, until their petty opinions are displayed.
    theres nothing i hate more than snobbery, sometimes that clouds my judgement, and i get involved in petty arguments such as this.

its because of snobbery and prejudice that this country pisses me off.
    however, snobbery of the kind you are displaying is only petty

i may have said some stupid things, but u my friend just gave me the last laugh, even though you're just takin the piss, theres thousands who actually think like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

where are these statistics, post a link please

ColHol wrote:
    man i love womens underwear

I do too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

why has this decsended into the realm of what and how much the shoes you are wearin cost. its totally.......................... you guessed it irrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrelevant.
    dont start bitchin about stuff that was quite obviously never said. it all started when people took my original post way out of context so chill the fock out. try not to mention social class/ma's/daddys etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Finch*

my daddy is going to fire YOUR daddy.......

great responce fry you are forwarding the argument well. gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Advertisement

i do my best =] Daddduuuuuummmmsssssss!!!!!

TimAy wrote:
    are you tall ed or american ed?

there only ever was a tall ed,

do you love sweeties, is it reall timmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmay

its him yeah was PMing him, he says you should pay me $500 for being brilliant. no lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

On the debate of northside and southside.

1) Correct. Most entry to UCD and TC are from the southside.

2)Most professional football players are from the northside.

3)The northside are better at sport then the south due to statistics of people making pro careers.

4)The southside have no IT knowledge, roughly over 50% of IT related technical calls come from the southside where northside technicians go over and take your money.

5) Did I mention that we are jsut better at sport.

6) Southside are puffters?

Played many a southside team in football, played southside golfers and tennis players, christ almighty grow some balls please.

fantstic thats nice. so you're agreeing with my point?
    dont care about sport at the mo its seems that i didn't even mention it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

look ed, everybody knows that southside in general score higher than northside and prob everywhere else in ireland IN THE LEAVING CERT.

SO please stop arguing that point. I don't think people are disputing that fact. The sheer ignorance and chauvenistic attitude displayed by the majority of southsiders on this post has only fuelled the hatred (of a certain degree) that most people have for d4 heads. You keep referring back to the your original post which is correct factually. But ur so far up your own arse u can't see that the way ur own posts sound.

as i said before, hes just looking for that type of reaction, its not worth the time/effort to reply. he's laughing at these posts right now, just leave it alone.

alternatively, we need 5 north siders and 5 southsiders to take part in the ultimate test which would end this divide forever! THE TRAVELATOR!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

look ed, everybody knows that southside in general score higher than northside and prob everywhere else in ireland IN THE LEAVING CERT.

SO please stop arguing that point. I don't think people are disputing that fact. The sheer ignorance and chauvenistic attitude displayed by the majority of southsiders on this post has only fuelled the hatred (of a certain degree) that most people have for d4 heads. You keep referring back to the your original post which is correct factually. But ur so far up your own arse u can't see that the way ur own posts sound.

i couldnt agree more with the above!

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

fry you're such a party pooper.

re: the link to the facts that someone wanted. i don't have one but if you subscribed to the irish times website you could find it. just look at CAO statistics from last summer. alternatively wait for inevitable irish times report this august/september.

fine then thats grand stop posting then....
    if you agree thats its factually correct whats all the fighting about?
    i havent been making points outside of that fact, i've benn protesting my innocence of snobbery and northsider bashing which i blatently have not done.

thank you for agreeing then,,,
    i guess this could have been ended 7 pages ago

everybody knows that southside in general score higher than northside and prob everywhere else in ireland IN THE LEAVING CERT.

strange i thought that was my point

all along.

i'm not lookin for a reaction fry i was lookin for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

Finch* wrote:
    as i said before, hes just looking for that type of reaction, its not worth the time/effort to reply. he's laughing at these posts right now, just leave it alone.

What's the bets that "ed's" all time hero is Kevin Meyers?

:)

SO please stop arguing that point. I don't think people are disputing that fact.

no my hero is anyone that can agree with facts without bringing in needless info such as cars shoes etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

Just for my personal information....what was the point of this thread? If you knew you were right, why did you even bother to make a thread and argue an undisputed and founded point (going by what I have already read)?

:)

could it be the Kevin Meyers thing - eh, eh?!

i suppose it wasn't a totally undisputed statement(as seen by 100+ responses)
    also thought that it would be rather fun to remind people of the fact.
    i suppose i also have pride for the south of dublin as that is where i live.

i'm not saying i have more pride for my area than the next person,
    and i havent said one area is better than another(apart from the number written on a piece of paper in august)

If you get so offended by truthful/factual statements i fully expect that in the interest of fairness you'll be writing an anrgriy worded letter to rte news, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Jesus, from the level of coherent arguements in this thread. 95% of you will fail your leaving cert.

(By the way under 400 is a fail on the southside)

dRNk SAnTA wrote:
    fry you're such a party pooper.

re: the link to the facts that someone wanted. i don't have one but if you subscribed to the irish times website you could find it. just look at CAO statistics from last summer. alternatively wait for inevitable irish times report this august/september.

Fook that, I'm not paying 7 quid a week to subscribe to a newpaper i'm never gonna read.

Wait till august eh? meh, who is goin to remember this in august?

Basically as far i can see there is actually no factual backup for any of the statements made available in this thread.

How can people comment on a statement if they can't actually analyse the facts?

Another thing is, what facts do they actually provide?
    Do they highlight how many people sat the leaving in each area or is it just an average number of points per student?

there could be other things to consider rather than just what a paper prints!!!

such as.... (try not to be contraversial)

Well I don't know what the paper prints or what you have actually read to make your statement so i can't really answer that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

http://www.skool.ie/skoool/parents.asp?id=3143

everything is here if u search.

The one on the educational apartheid thats occuring i found most relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

What if you live ON the liffey. Nouthsider?

that guy who sits on the ha'penny probably got inbetweeny results as he's from exactly half way.

Ed, stop referring to your original post, u weren't doing that yesterday, you were just being a gob****e (although in fairness that was more Sangre)

just one more thing, doesn't teh southside have a higher popultion, due to the fact that it covers a greater area of land then the Northside, therefore there's more people to get the higher points and go to college?

so get over it, your statistically "better", but its a numbers game!

its tossers like u, i will avoid in College.
    Ditto, i hope he's not going to Trinity
    i'd hazard a guess at loike, UCD, cos Trinity probably to close to the Liffey for him
    but he'll get the points no problem, cos he'll do statistically better than someone from the Northside!
    Orts, is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

Give it a rest with the northside vs southside Sh**!! when are you all going to realise your doing the LC for yourself and not for some Bullsh** statistics! Get over it!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement