Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

southside vs northside

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

Stupid Dublin knackers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

Berger wrote:
    Stupid Dublin knackers.
    I was waitin for that!
    he he he he he!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

your statistically "better", but its a numbers game!

thanks

Ed, stop referring to your original post, u weren't doing that yesterday, you were just being a gob****e

show me one instance (with quote please)

thanks
    your welcome, fellow sac du scum
    (see bergers post)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

http://www.skool.ie/skoool/parents.asp?id=3143

everything is here if u search.

The one on the educational apartheid thats occuring i found most relevant.

Where abouts is that? can you give me the exact location please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

click the link. THen have an educational guess say exams or .. whatever then....

press ctrl + f at the same time then type in apartheid.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

Nine of the 10 schools that send the greatest number of students to University College Dublin are fee-paying, according to figures published today. By Sean Flynn, Education Editor, The Irish Times.Private fee-paying schools and grind schools continue to be the main providers of students to our leading universities, according to the latest feeder school lists obtained by The Irish Times. The lists underline what one Dublin inner-city principal calls the new "educational apartheid" in second-level education, write Seán Flynn and John Downes

Attention all!! look these articles just say about fee paying and private but isnt sutton park on the northside a fee paying and there's more private and fee paying too, not really bothered bout this debate but just asking the question...

fee paying and private schools are prob getting better results

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

You are a gimp

• Advertisement

Ed, stop referring to your original post, u weren't doing that yesterday, you were just being a gob****e
    please please please please please pleaseplease please please please please pleaseplease please please please please pleasplease please please please please pleaseeplease please please please please please

show me a quote where i did this

and stop makin that statement, or ones to that effect if you can't

as a fee paying school, you would expect better results, as they are paying there is a smaller class size and a more one to one tutition so surely being a fee paying its a given there is better results? why pay if there wasnt the thought that odds suggest better results?! common sense!

joe. wrote:
    You are a gimp

what a fabulous ****ing comment. why do you bother saying **** like that, does it further the case for either side? why don't you just say something semi intelligent or **** off

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Private schools also have better facilities and generall better behaved students because the parents have a bit of cop on. Its not just about results.

Nine of the 10 schools that send the greatest number of students to University College Dublin are fee-paying, according to figures published today. By Sean Flynn, Education Editor, The Irish Times.Private fee-paying schools and grind schools continue to be the main providers of students to our leading universities, according to the latest feeder school lists obtained by The Irish Times. The lists underline what one Dublin inner-city principal calls the new "educational apartheid" in second-level education, write Seán Flynn and John Downes

Attention all!! look these articles just say about fee paying and private but isnt sutton park on the northside a fee paying and there's more private and fee paying too, not really bothered bout this debate but just asking the question...

yeah i know, thats one of the points i'm trying to make!
    but all the southsiders can say is "we're better people" (re:Sangre , earlier pages of this thread) wow im blown away by that argument.

FUTILE ARGUEMENT!
    k im gonna stop annoying the southsiders now!

that article proves my point completely. its things like this that make me want to study sociology next year.

on the private school ting, doesn't the 'tute have the highest drop out rate from University or something, cos they aren't use to not having the work handed to them?
    no point going to college if ya aint gonna stay!

yeh sarah thats probably true.
    but most of the private schools are on the southside(yeh i knoe they have a few in the north too)
    thus my 1st point that south will outdo the north points wise.

look im not getting into better facilities or behaviour, i mean i agree with ed even though im from the northside and not in a private nor fee paying school, ive read this thread from the beggining and im of the opinion most ppl are taking this to heart to much, the comment was made, he supported it and thats that. i tend to agree with him but i dont take it to personally that because im from the northside im not going to do well, ill do well because i've put in what i want to get out of it. simple as!

yeh well 'baby' i didn't say that it was onlt sangre.

any closer to finding that quote yet?

chek your personal messages

Sarah** wrote:
    i dont take it to personally that because im from the northside im not going to do well, ill do well because i've put in what i want to get out of it. simple as!

exactly, and anyway i'm pretty sure everyone on this website who care enough to be scanning the internet for extra advice hints tips etc, is going to do well because we all obviously care about our educations.

nothing i've said has been personalised to any of you.

i'm sure this has enlightened us all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

I think this is the document you are refering to

http://www.skool.ie/skoool/parents.asp?id=2923

This document makes no reference directly to leaving cert results at all!

All it talks about is how certain schools dominate the supply to certain colleges like DCU, UCD, TCD etc.

Granted that these schools are mostly located in the southside of dublin i assume, not too sure and really don't care.

The these schools are the leading suppliers to these colleges doesn't say that southside schools get better leaving results.

• Advertisement

You northsiders are so uppity...CHILLAX LOIKE!

[QUOTE=ed6hellsfresh the truth sure does hurt huh.
    go southside[/QUOTE]

if you dont ill throw a sprite zero out of my daddys airoplane at your scanger/totallay random head
    we love you sangre we do
    we love you sangre we do
    we love you sangre we do
    oh northsiders hate me and you

its not even 5 yet wow you northsiders get tired

so at the end of the day i was right and delving into the stereotypes was unneeded and quite irrelevent to the northsiders defence case.

we also learnt that johnerr is a highly intelligent individual...... two words ARE hard to string together without an equals

randomfella you never did show me anything deregatory i said............. hard luck

I WIN I WIN I WIN

Quotes from Ed, which show him acting like a gob****e.

In fairness though, it was mainly Sangre being the snob, Ed, u aint as bad.
    and i was really talikn to Sangre when making comments about southsiders being spoilt, ect.

so stop crying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

What about the west side lads? It's clearly the best innit.

Ishmael wrote:
    I think this is the document you are refering to

http://www.skool.ie/skoool/parents.asp?id=2923

This document makes no reference directly to leaving cert results at all!

All it talks about is how certain schools dominate the supply to certain colleges like DCU, UCD, TCD etc.

Granted that these schools are mostly located in the southside of dublin i assume, not too sure and really don't care.

The these schools are the leading suppliers to these colleges doesn't say that southside schools get better leaving results.

yes but its very very strongly implied.
    considering the points to said colleges are the highest in ireland it would make sense that the students attending got the highest results tho, right?

i know there would be a few exeptions but if northsiders were applying for these courses and got the points it wouldn't be dominated by southsiders... would it?

ishmael if you dont really care then why stil go on? yes randomfella pointed out where he saw facts and yes most private schools dominate the southside and yes they make up the majority of the mentioned colleges, FACT! its a fact so dont try to argue it. are you really worried that southsiders take credit for this? if it was said about the northsiders, i myself would take the view others have on this site, i think its time that we all settle that fee payers fill the majority of colleges for the pure reason its a higher standard of education...correct me if you think im worng. now whether they complete their college course and obtain a degree is another discussion. Agree?

Just to let you all know places like Malahide and Sutton are actually Southside colonies. They've been populated by brave souls who crossed the battle lines to make a killing on píss poor property.

LIVE THE DREAM!!
    (for one day may you return to your motherland)

Sangre wrote:
    Private schools also have better facilities and generall better behaved students because the parents have a bit of cop on. Its not just about results.
    ha! your parents cleary did a wonderful job, especially in terms of teaching you respect and non-idiotness.

example of Sangre being a gob****e.

as far as taking it to heart goes, i don't take it seriously, i just hate any kind of snobbery!

ah baby i think you really love me...
    and i REALLY love you...

okay well maybe i made a few comments but all were made in jest i'm sure we can both be best of friends.
    when will we get married then soon i hpoe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    we can live on the liffey on a raft together

Sarah** wrote:
    ishmael if you dont really care then why stil go on? yes randomfella pointed out where he saw facts and yes most private schools dominate the southside and yes they make up the majority of the mentioned colleges, FACT! its a fact so dont try to argue it. are you really worried that southsiders take credit for this? if it was said about the northsiders, i myself would take the view others have on this site, i think its time that we all settle that fee payers fill the majority of colleges for the pure reason its a higher standard of education...correct me if you think im worng. now whether they complete their college course and obtain a degree is another discussion. Agree?

i agree COMPLETELY. I made that very point earlier in this thread!
    sure, they're better, and those are the reasons. DONE!

no need to be snobby over it though :rolleyes: (not that u were, Sarah!)

• Advertisement

ah baby i think you really love me...
    and i REALLY love you...

okay well maybe i made a few comments but all were made in jest i'm sure we can both be best of friends.
    when will we get married then soon i hpoe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    we can live on the liffey on a raft together
    eh hem (coughs and looks uncomfortable) yes (nodding sympathetically)
    i admit i said some silly things, but they were aimed at Sangre, not u!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement