Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help! best place to service me bike?

Options
  • 30-05-2005 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭

just got a brand new mountain bike, everythings running fine except the gears need to be adjusted, went into a bike shop in town and got quoted €40, sounds a bit steep? or does it, im not sure. anyway if there is a place in town which would do it cheaper then let me know, thanks. or if you can do it for me even better :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Europa Cycles on Earl's Island - entrance opposite the cathedral. Good service from them in the past and don't rip you off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭gre_soul

snubbleste wrote:
    Europa Cycles on Earl's Island - entrance opposite the cathedral. Good service from them in the past and don't rip you off

yeah a friend is just after recommending Europa to me too, ill check it out thanks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Im guessing it was Mountain Trail who asked for €40.......... Ássholes.

Europa Cycles are brilliant, honest and fairly fast.

S.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 199 ✭✭fun bus

i also vouch for europa-much fairer deal ill bet

richard walsh cycles are a joke, the guy was going to charge me 40 quid for what europa did in 2 mins for a small fraction of the price. i would not mind but the dick was tring to tell me it was completely F**ked, one word chancer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I assume that by 'a shop in town', you mean the one in the Cornstore. That place tends to be dear if I remember correctly.

I havn't dealt with Richard Walsh.

I've dealt with Europa a few times in the past and had no problems with them.

Another option would be Kearneys beside Terryland Dunnes. They probably have the best range of bicycles and equipment, and are the only shop that stock high end gear. I bought my current bicycle from them but havn't dealt with them for service as I do that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Europa are cheap but like everywhere else, they'll rip you off if they can get away with it - they did it to me. But with gears it should be immediately obvious if there's a problem, just don't be afraid to go back and complain if you've the same problem within a few days of getting bike back.

will do, no problems yet. im used to the auld style gears not these new fangled handel gear thingys! :D

Advertisement