Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 3G on RTG

Options
  • 30-05-2005 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

Just in case ye haven't heard - 3G SIMs will be available on Ready To Go this Wednesday.

Finally! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Nope its this thursday .. full 3g launch on thursday amazing prices and offers BIG time ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Ah! I went into a Vodafone shop and asked - they said it was Wednesday.

Typical - the people in the shop always give out incorrect information!

beacuse typically there the last to know to be honest .....

your looking at a trade in been offered as well lads :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

trade in on what???
    sim cards?

if your upgrading / new connection on bill then there will be x amount allowance on ur old piece of junk off a 3g handset

not sure if this is the case on RTG yet
    but 3g on rtg is going to be cheap watch the advertisments :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

This article has more details about 3G on RTG

http://www.enn.ie/frontpage/news-9610211.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Cool I will look for my sim on thursday can you go into a Voda Shop and get one on the spot ??

And does anyone know if it will cost anything ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Doesn't cost anything as far as I know - you just hand over your old SIM, they take out a new 3G one, transfer everything onto your new SIM, activate it, and away ya go!

The guy in the shop told me that they are just waiting on the SIMs to arrive, should definitely be in by the weekend and they'll do it on the spot there for ya.

i assume you all ready have 3g phones to use them in ?

also the phones that vodafone sell ie 3g are the only ones able to be setup on the network for the 3g services

Yep Have a Nokia 6630

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

have they got RTG upgrade phone packs availble?

all vodafone phones come in the one pack so 3g can be sold as rtg anytime from open of business on thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

also the phones that vodafone sell ie 3g are the only ones able to be setup on the network for the 3g services

That's not strictly true, Video Telephony will work on any 3G phone that supports it on the VF 3G network, however VF Live will only work on VF supported handsets - that's no different to 2G.

yes my point been that only vodafone supported phones will work on the network :cool:

yes my point been that only vodafone supported phones will work on the network

Which isn't true! Any 3G phone will work on the network if it's unlocked to take a VFI SIM. It just wont work with the live portal.

BigMoose wrote:
    Which isn't true! Any 3G phone will work on the network if it's unlocked to take a VFI SIM. It just wont work with the live portal.

so the point in having one would be ?

Theres's nada on the website yet ?

so the point in having one would be ?

There's a damn site more you can do with a mobile than Vodafone live!! Like make phone calls, video calls, high speed data calls (384kbs downlink), like higher speed wap browsing to any other off portal site...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

could u connect a laptop to a data enabled phone via bluetooth and connect to the web at the per minute call rate? or do they charge u per mb?

• Advertisement

If you're postpaid, you can do that and use the ISP APN - you are charged by volume (at 3c per Kb? or is it 2c - cant remember). You can use circuit switched dialup at higher rates for 3G (pre and postpaid - although it is a real sod to set up) and are charged per second. This latter option isn't really much use as you have to find a terminating number that's capable of supporting anything over 14.4 or 28.8kbs to get decent speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

BigMoose wrote:
    If you're postpaid, you can do that and use the ISP APN - you are charged by volume (at 3c per Kb? or is it 2c - cant remember). You can use circuit switched dialup at higher rates for 3G (pre and postpaid - although it is a real sod to set up) and are charged per second. This latter option isn't really much use as you have to find a terminating number that's capable of supporting anything over 14.4 or 28.8kbs to get decent speeds.

thats a crazy price is it? i wouldnt mind being able to check email at my per minute rate ie check gmail that would be 2 minutes ie 20 cent what would the per mb rate come to?

anybody seen any advertising yet ???

I have been in my vodafone shop and they have all the phones there, and they are flat out:

v980 is 149*
    6630 is 199*
    v800 is 249*
    6680 is 299*
    All these prices are with the 100 euro deducted when you trade in ANY old phone. You also get 80 euro credit with all the above

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭slartibardfast

In the vodafone online store all the above deals are available without a trade in! Both for brand new vodafone customers and upgrade deals.

Ordered the Nokia 6630, but I don't know how they are going to handle the 3g sim card conversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

In the vodafone online store all the above deals are available without a trade in! Both for brand new vodafone customers and upgrade deals.
    Yep, the prices wolfman quoted are for Ready to Go.
    Ordered the Nokia 6630, but I don't know how they are going to handle the 3g sim card conversion.
    No sim change is nessessary .. all vodafone sims will work with now with 3G since yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

how does the €100 off work with online purchases?

Is the Sharp 902 going to be available?

Stekelly wrote:
    how does the €100 off work with online purchases?
    I was wondering this?

For the trade in is it phone and charger or just the phone by itself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

how long does the 100 yoyos off last.The summer job is sarting at the end of the JC so better be for another month or so

Advertisement