Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(some) Accommodation Listings go live...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭wayfarer

How come some of the numbers listed there start with a 05?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Scruff101

Maybe they're people who deferred beginning college till this year!? no other explanation I can think of!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Masters people I'd reckon wayferer..

All the schols heads anyway with their 04s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭punka

new schols would all be 03 and maybe 02. 04 are people in first year now and going into 2nd year.

maybe some of the 05s are people with disabilities, i think they get allocated rooms early on

punka wrote:
    new schols would all be 03 and maybe 02. 04 are people in first year now and going into 2nd year.
    Ah yes.. :o Brain drain I'm afraid
    punka wrote:
    maybe some of the 05s are people with disabilities, i think they get allocated rooms early on
    Before the leaving cert!? Nah, I still say next year schols masters students (currently doing finals). We had some mphil students sitting exams with us, they had 04 student numbers.

• Advertisement

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Nah, I still say next year schols masters students (currently doing finals). We had some mphil students sitting exams with us, they had 04 student numbers.

Surely people who did undergrad in TCD would keep the same student number? And I don't think all the incoming master's places have been allocated yet... but maybe I'm wrong....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

They are the trinity hall listings, could be anything from foreign 1 year students, to people who applied to trinity externally, to people deferring college for a year(not sure bout this one..) etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

ApeXaviour wrote:
    All the schols heads anyway with their 04s

They dont put schols in halls, unless they want to be there, I think that'd be rare tho.

How does the student number system work anyway, im 03xxxxxx, does that mean I did the LC in 2003? so 04's are 1st years?

erm, its your CAO number usually...........

Though they make one up for you should you not have a cao number..

Yeah sev, you're right, hadn't realised it was just halls.

Punka: Masters students don't keep their old student numbers or so I've been informed.. I had thought the same as yourself.

• Advertisement

yeah they get issued new ones, think of the effort we have to go through to update their accounts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Myth wrote:
    http://www.tcd.ie/Junior_Dean/HallAllocationsMay05-ByStdNumber.html

Just Trinity Hall at the moment. They say the full list will be up before the 3rd of June, on here:

http://www.tcd.ie/Junior_Dean/
    They're such liars..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Shadowlands

I'm a foreign first year student and my ID begins with 05.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

you get a place on campus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

A guy from the Accommodation Office called into my room today to show a girl around it (whilst I was still there - twas a bit odd) and he said that the rest of the offers won't be coming out til next week.

emm you not tell him to get the fuk out and that he can't be wandering in like that? (even in the lack rightness of tcd surely they just can't wander in for a look..)

It was the only time it's happened this year, but it kind of threw me a bit to be honest. Was just glad that I'd decided against Naked Tuesday tbh :p

i dunno you could have sue'd for invasion of privacy or something, would have been very lucrative...

I'm meant to be moving out today so maybe he thought I'd already gone. Was more surprised than annoyed about it.

moving out already? stings..........

hrmm bed time, nn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

stargal wrote:
    It was the only time it's happened this year, but it kind of threw me a bit to be honest. Was just glad that I'd decided against Naked Tuesday tbh :p

from what we read in TN this year - it is more likely that the security guard will be naked!

That has to have been the funiest newspaper story of the year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

bobo i thought we had a similar discussion in which we showed Trinity could do what ever they wanted really concerning the accomoddation becuase technically you're not renting you're a fee paying guest. if you rent a property, more or less, you have the exact rights of the owner for the property, and the actual owner has few rights when it comes to entering. but in trinity, isn't ir more like a hotel. cleaning ladies don't need permission to come in and clean up.

he said that the rest of the offers won't be coming out til next week.

Bollocks anyways. Pack of liars they are, LIARS!!

I got Botany Bay!

*dances around*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

And now that i see it in print i'm finally happy. Woo, cmon new square!

****ing bastard cuntrag cocksucking ****eating mother****ing bollocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Despite being appointed editor of Trinity News, the job description of which guaranteed a room I have not been allocated one. Time to raise some hell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

How very very odd andrew - if you need help raising hell i have exams i should be studying for :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Andrew, raise mega hell. One or two of the staff in the accommadation office are very nice (actually, only one really now i come to think of it...), but in general they can sometimes be about as useful as a chocolate tea pot. Raise loadsa hell, otherwise they might put you somewhere like Goldsmith (unless you wanted there...not that there's anything wrong with GSmith, but it's pretty far from the Pubs office...).

Advertisement