Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The JUGGLING topic

Options
  • 30-05-2005 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭

Let's get this forum going again with a topic about juggling.

At the moment, I am trying to develop my 3-ball Mills Mess into a Burke's Barrage. Any tips?

Also, what is the cheapest place/site to buy good juggling balls?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 NiallKelly

Burkes Barrage is difficult to describe in text, but here's my attempt: when you have your right hand over your left - instead of throwing that ball over to the other side, grab it and carry it around quickly through the middle of the pattern and throw it up under your left arm. The next ball is thrown straight up in the middle of the pattern by the other hand. You then just have to learn to do it on the other side.

Once you've learnt burkes barrage its fairly easy to learn takeouts (some call them reverse chops) - its the exact same except you carry the ball around over the top of the whole pattern.

For cheap juggling balls I'd just check out some uk juggling stores online. I've used anti-gravity.co.uk before and they deliver pretty quickly. Their Mr Babache Standard Skwoshball's are pretty good.

If you're heading to the galway convention in two weeks Boggle should be there selling equipment. But its usually cheaper to order online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

For juggling balls juast make your own out of one metre of fabric you'll get alot of balls plus you can under fill them so they're easier to catch. check here for patterns http://www.jugglingdb.com/articles/index.php?id=49
    emmet

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

woah make your own that would be cool...yet i am lazy...
    lol if i couldnt do the two things mentioned aove i would be like wtf! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Easily_Irritated

This is really a forum for jugglers and juggling related stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Jammy

As far as I know. Otherwise I've been sadly mistaken.

• Advertisement

Yeah there's rules though you got to be juggling at least two balls in one hand while posting. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

go on then! i hope you'll attempt this one, mr. amazing! let me know how it goes.... i'm going to just think about juggling while i post... much easier.

I was doing it in the last message but its too early to juggle at the mo. mmm lie in

I would but my juggling balls are up up stairs in the attic and I'm far too lazy to get them.

Lie ins are great...

Was anyone at the make poverty history rally yesterday. I bit random but just curious?

rally? yesterday? nope (all typed while juggling)

• Advertisement

Very impressive!

How did you do the question marks then??

I have big hands.

edit the ? was it easy its beside the shift key, the brackets they took a few drops

done without juggling. i think i'm gonna have to play this card if anyone is up for it http://www.boards.ie/wiki/index.php/Drinks_Anyone%3F

Ah yes, well ya can't be perfect now mr. amazing :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

mmm drinkie card

lol.

just wonderin; how many balls are you jugglin? cause for you, two seems a simple amount...

i'd say he's on 9!

woah my ridiculous guess is like accurate!

''greetings all just thought id introduce myself im emmet been juggling about 3 yearsish at the mo im working on six clubs, three diabolos and nine balls. just been in circus school for the last year and am now back in the country for a bit
    im also interseted in sports acro and aerial (trapeze, swinging trapeze and sliks)
    Emmet''

Thats some good guessing but two is quite a challenge cos i can't touch type with one hand (or two) so got to juggle the balls blind

lol! juggling blind must be nearly impossible...

• Advertisement

I can do maybe 100c with 3 blind if i put my mind to it, but thats nothing a friend of mine in circus school could something like 2700c blind. i think he had far too much free time

whats 100c 2700c ? like count or something...

Wow!!

Your right, he probably has far too much time on his hands.

whats 100c 2700c ? like count or something...
    c stands for catches

ah what i thought!,counting never has come into my mind more like i can do 4 balls for seconds at a time :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Spodo Komodo

Learn to do three behind your back. That way you cant cheat!...

so emmet... did your computer survive its drinking session?

The computer did but unfortunatly i had to sacrifice the keyboard. so right now i'm using some other keyboard

awwww. i'm glad!

• Advertisement

strangely enough, no one is on here at half four in the morning... bed time, me thinks

Advertisement