Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neutral Ireland 1939-45

Options
  • 30-05-2005 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

What paragraphs u doing? I haven't a clue what types of essay u can be asked.

I'm going with

Intro
    Destabillising effects caused by war
    Economic Activities
    Military Threat
    The IRA and Germany
    Britain towards ireland during the war
    United States towards ireland during the war
    Conclusion

unless somebody tells me different. I never did the essay but its well tipped.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭exiztone

I haven't prepared anything on this era. Do you think it's vital that I do? I have economy, security & Anglo-Irish relations prepared for the Cumman na nGaedheal and Fianna Fail governments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Finch*

im gonna do irish neutrality, so and havent done a tap for it yet, any help will be appreciated with man love!

c'mon ppl man love tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

yea i do think it will be up. I haven't studied any of the ones ur doing i don't think. Finch what do u want me 2help u with?

well i was just wondering how they might fraze the question, i think i have notes that my teacher gave out because he thought it was going to come up this year, but any ideas how i should plan my answer to cover whatever way they may ask the question?

Finch* wrote:
    well i was just wondering how they might fraze the question, i think i have notes that my teacher gave out because he thought it was going to come up this year, but any ideas how i should plan my answer to cover whatever way they may ask the question?

:) exactly what i'm asking!!!

i think the only question asked was back in 93'. - correct me if im wrong.
    And it was describe how the gov. dealt with the problems facing the gov. from 39' to 45'.

The only other thing i could see them asking is from 39' to 48'.

Anybody else that could shed light on this would be welcome

• Advertisement

im sure if we learn a general overview of the main facts etc we should be fine

yeah its one of the most straight forward q's in section B. I'm doing all the easy ones because i hate the ones that stretch over 40 years asking u to assess economic performance blah blah blah....

well im not too worried about it, as long as i can bs my way through an essay or make an attempt at it ill be ok, i hope =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

Hi

Randomfella: I am sure those points will be fine. But usually the way they phrase it has something to do with Ireland's "Neutral for the Allies" stance, or the problems caused by neutrality, or indeed it could get asked as part of a very broad Dev/FF 1932-48 question.

I am almost certain it got asked since '93. Will check!

-R.

Advertisement