Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rock/metal bars in dublin

Options
  • 30-05-2005 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

any decent rock/metal bars in dublin?

for metal im aware of bruxelles and fibbers - are there any more?
    and i suppose the likes of whelans for rock like gnr/nirvana stuff - anywhere else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

the hub for lighter stuff, or so im told.

i know the isaac butt used to have an alternative night, not sure if they still do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I remember being in Neptune's Bar before Iron Maiden at one stage, but I don't know if they've got a regular rock/metal thing going on, or was it a once off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I think the Neptune have a few metal cds on the Jukebox, but as far as I know thats about it. Good to go to for a change, but not a metal bar by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

easy! i run a drum and bass night down in the legal eagle most saturdays, we're gonna be getting the guy who plays fibbers on thursdays in to play metal for us before hand to warm the place up, i'll keep you posted, if it works and it brings people down it will be a regular thing, it's his vinyl metal collection, pantera, manowar, iron maiden, that kind of thing, and then we'll be lashing out some REAL dark and angry music after :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Earwig Eddie

cheers folks. keep em comin if there are any more...

wouldnt be a drum n bass man but keep me posted. and where is neptune never heard of it? isaacs is closed down to the best of my knowledge (or at least it looked like a building site last time i was round there a couple of months back).

• Advertisement

it's his vinyl metal collection, pantera, manowar, iron maiden, that kind of thing

*Yawn*

It's a pretty pointless venture if you're going to be playing the exact same thing that's on rotation in Fibbers constantly. In fact, that's why I consider Fibbers so outright dull in comparison to Bruxelles, there's absolutely no variety, just the same thing we've all heard countless times before.

Don't get me wrong, I like Maiden, Pantera and all, but somewhere that plays that kind of thing just doesn't make me snap to attention and think "I've GOTTA check that out."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

The neptune is downstairs in the Flow & Tide pub on the corner of Lower Abbey Street (not O'Connell Street end). The opposite side of the road to Wynns Hotel.

fair enough! have you got a large enough collection of metal on vinyl yourself? know anyone who does? send me a pm and i'll give you a gig - equal oppurtunities, even for people with long hair and leather trousers!

I'm afraid my music collection is confined to CD only. No idea of anyone else really who has any abundant vinyl collection either.

fair enough! we cant really afford to be renting out cd decks just for the opening slot, and while we do book people who occasionally request them for playing unreleased stuff and so on its not really economical to do so... although i suppose for metal even a pair of fecking discmen would do... seriously, you seem to know your àrse from your elbow when it come to metal [which i in all fairness really really dont]... hook me up if you want a gig!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I got loads of Metal on vinyl. I'm just curious why you'd play Metal before a Drum N Bass night.

Advertisement