Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

too old for an apprenticeship

Options
  • 30-05-2005 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

hey
    have laboured for a few years for every type of trade, done a bit of everything, but pushing on and too old at this stage for an apprenticeship. am not particularly interested in getting a trade anyway, but was just wondering if there was another type of course i could do, there must be alot of the likes of me out there...what do they do with themselves? keep labouring? become foremen?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

go to fas .ie or visit your local fas office they have loads of training courses avaidable ,from bricklaying to computing,but u may need to be on welfare to be eligible,no harm asking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Consider Construction Technology in one of the Institutes of Technology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭benny

You didnt say how old you were but for gods sake get a grip!! you must have some idea of what you want to do by now..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

A fella in my job who is 40ish just served his 4years and is now qualified.You are never too old (unless you're drawing your pension)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭open_book

torn between a few things since leaving school. dodgy career guidance /pressure from parents/growing up really twists your views on your possible careers, its really difficult to find something you dont dread and actually have an interest in. I like building because each job no matter small has some visual satisfaction to it. You start with some land and at the end of the project you see the result. Why what age did you 'know' what you wanted to do? I dont really see it like that i suppose, I'm just doing this now and its good for me, but its handy to have a range of skills. I'm very interested in that construction technology thing victor cheers, definitely up my street.

• Advertisement
Advertisement