Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I become wireless

• 30-05-2005 8:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭

On Utv Clicksilver Broadband and want to move my PC but dont have a phone connection in the other room
    Dont want to run a wire just to awkard

What I want is wireless I was looking at this Linksys WRT54g at It Direct

Also I need a wireless network card are they easy to install as complete Newbie

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭ClonmelMan

Yes they are easy to install but if you go for a PCI wireless card you will have to open the PC and press it into it's slot ( PCI are better than USB) then install the drivers, the advantage of USB is you don't have to open the case but expect it to be slower than the PCI card ( drivers also need to be installed for USB). All the setup instructions will be with the router and cards and you can always get help here if you have any problems ;) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Cheers

Thanks for the advice
    Was talking to ITdirect and they said I can use a Usb but this is not so good ?
    Also how much € should you pay for a router and card ?

Ta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

Dixons had a good offer on Belkin and car a few weeks ago on a router about 99 euro with a free PCI , the box beside it without the Pci card was 120 ? !

Marx have a special on at the mom I think for a Cnet one with a card also

USB links to the PCI bus anyway as regards information goes inside the computer so not going to be any slower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

How do I become wireless

scissors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

scissors

Now why did I not think of that

Simple yet effective but not helpful

Ta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i got a new wrt54g and pci card for €60 inc. postage off ebay a few weeks back. cheap as chips. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭ClonmelMan

Pixmania.com are good on prices for routers and WiFi cards ;)

Advertisement