Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

European Super Cup

• 30-05-2005 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭

Anyone know where would you start lookin for tickets for this? / Would they be easy to get?
    On in Monaco August 26th Liverpool vs. CSKA Moscow

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

dcarroll wrote:
    Anyone know where would you start lookin for tickets for this? / Would they be easy to get?
    On in Monaco August 26th Liverpool vs. CSKA Moscow
    I'm not sure I'd be too interested in this trophy...its as meaningless as the Charity Shield.

Do Liverpool also have to play in the World Club Championshiops this year?

Maybe they'll pull out of the FA Cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Board@Work

Lex Luthor wrote:
    Maybe they'll pull out of the FA Cup?

I hated UTD for doing that so as a pool supporter I hope we don't.. Perhaps we enter at the fourth round... :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I, for one look forward to beating Romans other team in a final!

Mike.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I dont think this game ever sells out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Board@Work wrote:
    Perhaps we enter at the fourth round... :p:D
    You want free in to the Champions League, and a bye in the FA Cup. How about a 5 point headstart in the League too. :D

• Advertisement

seansouth wrote:
    You want free in to the Champions League, and a bye in the FA Cup. How about a 5 point headstart in the League too. :D

Upon mature reflection I have found you are correct :)

Board@Work wrote:
    I hated UTD for doing that so as a pool supporter I hope we don't.. Perhaps we enter at the fourth round... :p:D
    I was just getting in a dig at the UTD supporters... :p

Mike65 wrote:
    I, for one look forward to beating Romans other team in a final!

Mike.
    I didn't realise he owned them aswell....explains why they got so far in UEFA cup... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭SteM

He doesn't own CSKA Moscow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

You want free in to the Champions League, and a bye in the FA Cup. How about a 5 point headstart in the League too.

They wouldn't finish 4th! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

Don't think you'd have any problem gettin tickets for this. Keep an eye on the ticket news section on www.liverpoolfc.tv and it will give plenty of notice as to when they are going on sale

irish1 wrote:
    How will this affect their other commitments?

Lex Luthor wrote:
    How will this affect their other commitments?
    Not sure Lex but it's in Decmeber which is normally a busy month in the league although the FA CUP 3rd round isn't until January, so probably miss a few league games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I don't think Roman owns CSKA directly. AFAIK his company sponsors/funds them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Bacchus wrote:
    I don't think Roman owns CSKA directly. AFAIK his company sponsors/funds them.
    Abramovich's oil company sponsor CSKA. They pay them €14m per year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

irish1 wrote:

Thats a damn nice trophy and with the draw they have they've a great chance of winning it .

Liverpool will have a chance at winning : the Premiership , the FA cup , The League Cup , the Uefa Cup (possibly champs league) , the World club championship , and the European super cup , oh and do they still do that competition where the winners of the Champs League take on the winners of the Copa Libertadores in Japan ?....because if they do thats a possible 7 trophies , and their bound to get 1 or 2 at least .

Big Ears wrote:
    Thats a damn nice trophy and with the draw they have they've a great chance of winning it .

Liverpool will have a chance at winning : the Premiership , the FA cup , The League Cup , the Uefa Cup (possibly champs league) , the World club championship , the European super cup and the community Shield , oh and do they still do that competition where the winners of the Champs League take on the winners of the Copa Libertadores in Japan ?....because if they do thats a possible 8 trophies , and their bound to get 1 or 2 at least .

Community shield??

Will that not be Arsenal V Chelsea??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

irish1 wrote:
    Community shield??

Will that not be Arsenal V Chelsea??

doh , my mistake , make that 7 trophies .

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

so if we win the world club cup this season will we have to qualify for it again next season???
    or are they not morons??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

The Club World Championship this time around has been strongly weighted to favour the Champions League winners and the Copa Libertadores winners as both only enter at the Semi-Finals stage. We won't know who won the latter until 13 July, but Liverpool vs Boca or River Plate would be nice.

• Advertisement

Shamrok wrote:
    The Club World Championship this time around has been strongly weighted to favour the Champions League winners and the Copa Libertadores winners as both only enter at the Semi-Finals stage. We won't know who won the latter until 13 July, but Liverpool vs Boca or River Plate would be nice.
    that's ok then...only 2 games and a nice jolly for the boys to Japan where they can use the trip to promote the club even more.....can't see Parry passing this one up to rake in a few more millions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

According to one of the tabloids last week (can't remember which one, but the story was reported on Ceefax) Liverpool will pull out of the World club thingy if they don't get a CL place next season.

Maybe just made up, but an interesting angle.

According to one of the tabloids last week (can't remember which one, but the story was reported on Ceefax) Liverpool will pull out of the World club thingy if they don't get a CL place next season.

Maybe just made up, but an interesting angle.

Sounds a bit like throwing our toys out of the pram. I think if we don't get CL which should defo play the world club champs to try and recoup lost investment..

Advertisement