Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Many questions

Options
  • 30-05-2005 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

I just was removing the stock hs from my processor to put AS5 on. It was hard to pull off and when it did the whole cpu came out of the socket still attached to the hs. I nearly shat myself but thank god it still works.

Firstly, Is it possible to use a temp probe with socket 939? If so how?

Secondly, I need a new case to put my setup in, including watercooling. Any ideas. I was thinking the Coolermaster Stacker but am open to ideas.

Finally. There are a few guys running SLi on these boards. Have any of you tried connecting a TV under SLI mode. It works fine in ordinary mode but nothing under SLI. In settings the Nview display settins tab isnt even there. I'm running the latest drivers. Help Please.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Azza

I did the exact same thing with my my then brand new socket 754 AMD 64 3400 which was then €400. Nearly had a heart attack when it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

actually, I think everybody does that at some stage in their tweaking/modding career.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,751 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I bent about 30 pins on my skt 478 3.4e

shat a brick,

Then got out the tweezers and spent two hours straightening pins until I could get it back in the skt.......

....It's now a stable 4.1ghz watercooled Rig

.......though I've never taken it back out of it's skt, nor will I

Inqui

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭r00t69

The secret to taking a HS off is to gently twist it rather then pulling it. This will break the bound between the HS and CPU/GPU and allow you to take it off without pulling the entire chip off the board.

With regards to cases certainly Coolmaster is a good make so is Lian-Li, I've just started a new WC rig in a Lian-Li PC-V1100b. There are so many case manufacturers and designs out there you'll just need to choose what appeals to you. You could pop over to Directron as they have a huge selection of case so you can see them all at one shop. Shortlist some, find some reviews with purty pictures and then decide for yourself. This is atleast what I do.

Advertisement