Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greek Restaurant Mikonos

• 30-05-2005 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried the new Greek restaurant off Dame Street, down the side of Athena and behind The Foggy Dew?

Was thinking of going this week as I adore Greek food (and it does Metaxa brandy:)) but it looks a bit dodgy from the outside.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Shasta Maru

Heyhey,

I have actually tried the Greek Restaurant Mikonos in Dublin. Coming from the continent, I had quite a high expectation from it as usually Greek food is to die for. Not here. I ordered the Lamb dish which was supposed to be Greek. What I got was Irish Stew with ketchup and mustard on the side of the plate. The special rice I ordered was plain boiled rice, something I could have gotten anywhere. I mean, what is the point in opening a Greek Restaurant when the only thing Greek about it is the music? The food was mediocre and was not anything different from your average pub grub, the wine was so-so and the choice was meager. The prices are way too high for what you get as well. I love going out to dinner, but this just wasnt worth the money. Very disappointing experience.

Shasta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

From what I hear Mykonos isn't that Greek these days so I imagine that a restaurant called "Mikonos" wouldn't be either.

Lamb with ketchup and mustard eh? Yup that sounds like Mykonos island..

Advertisement