Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best restaurant in Galway city?

• 30-05-2005 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi there,

I have searched through the Restaurant guide and still haven't found what I am looking for... :confused:

my parents are going to Galway shortly for anniversary and I would love to get them a voucher for a nice / posh / gourmet but not pretentious! restaurant.

Can anyone give me good advice please? It should preferably be within short walking distance of Eyre Square.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Cookes Wine Bar on Abbeygate street do absolutely fantastic food, and the place has a wonderfull atmosphere. I would also recommend The Huntsman, but that's a little bit out of town, and just doesn't have the same atmosphere as Cookes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kaiser piggy

Cheers Karl, Cooke's was mentioned in the Restaurant guide sticky too and I had a look at their website. Menu looks good so maybe I'll go with that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Bright Eyes

Nemos, on the Pier (upstairs restaurant), has always been my favourite (its where my Brother proposed to his girlfriend!!). Its eclectic, fab menu and the chef is super, he will sit and have a chat with you after serving, if you talk nicely to him. Its a wine bar and restaurant on the ground floor, the restaurant is run by someone else, I've never eaten down there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

Nimmos - number 1 seriously good restaurant

Advertisement