Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy fish equipment?

Options
  • 30-05-2005 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Hope this isnt the wrong place....read the charter and didnt say it wasnt ,so....

I'm looking at buying a tropical aquarium; ive looked so far in Blanch petstop and Fishfx. Both seem to stock the same tanks (im looking at a 200~L Juwel tank). Are there any other places to look at to buy this equipment? I've seen mention in a couple of threads about a place in Blessington? :confused:

Also, do any places have a larger variety of fish. Naturally, i wouldnt be buying the fish yet, but would like to check out some interesting bottom-dwellers and the like to add some interest to the tank :)

Thanks,

Gary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Fuzzie Bear

Try www.fishkeepingsupplies.com - they also have a lot of tanks not on the site yet and they sell every type of tropical fish you can imagine !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I wouldnt buy from there as they are very expensive and they always ram their link down your throat every chance they get.

Killkenny aquatics is the best place in the country to buy fish and equipment and also one of the cheapest http://www.kilkennyaquatics.ie/

Aqua village in Blessington is also very good and have a great range of fish.

The best bit of advice i can give is to shop around as the cost of tanks vary alot from place to place.

Killkenny aquatics is where i buy all my equipment as its cheaper thank other places even though i live in Dublin but its worth the trip every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

Thanks

Kilkenny Aquatics seem significantly cheaper with equipment; by around €100 on the tanks i was looking at :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭boroughmal

Here I go again.
    Most people speak to me.
    Most people like what they hear.
    You cant win them all.
    After you have shopped around you might want to speak to me.
    Regards
    www.fishkeepingsupplies.com
    Aquarium and Fish Supply Tropical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fishboy

There is a new fish store opening in Ashbourne "Aquarium Solution" Iv heard its going to be great with a wide range of live stock and very competive prices! Opening the end of May. It'd be worth the wait! Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mbuna

Try AquaPaws aquatics in Clifden, good prices, good Fish, will order almost any Fish for you, Good to deal with, none of the usual Bull. They have a website, aquapaws.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

have a look at fintastic aquatics in dunlaoighre ,, they have a load of fish coming in on thursday and also are very competative on there dry goods have alook

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

fishboy wrote:
    There is a new fish store opening in Ashbourne "Aquarium Solution" Iv heard its going to be great with a wide range of live stock and very competive prices! Opening the end of May. It'd be worth the wait! Best of luck.

Where's it opening?? Haven't seen anything around.. It'd be dead handy for me..

Advertisement