Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[UTV Internet SPAM detected] attached to my emails

• 30-05-2005 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi all,

I quit UTV's UTVip XL a while ago (they never cancelled UTV Talk though were asked to) and just noticed that outgoing messages from all my registered email accounts get a prefix ]UTV Internet SPAM detected]. Spam filtering is disabled, but it works only for incoming messages anyway!

Anyone experienced this? Is this UTV's revenge? I have this email on my
    visit cards, and have to use it.

I would call their support, but you all know how good they are...

Cheers,
    Luck

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Luck wrote:
    Hi all,

I quit UTV's UTVip XL a while ago (they never cancelled UTV Talk though were asked to) and just noticed that outgoing messages from all my registered email accounts get a prefix ]UTV Internet SPAM detected]. Spam filtering is disabled, but it works only for incoming messages anyway!

Anyone experienced this? Is this UTV's revenge? I have this email on my
    visit cards, and have to use it.

I would call their support, but you all know how good they are...

Cheers,
    Luck

This issue has been raised in the UTV support group a number of times (last time was around the 11th May as far as I can see) might be worth posting there again about it - lots of users very annoyed about it as you can imagine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I get that on all my incoming emails on my utv account. Doesn't matter either way however cos everything that comes into my utv account is spam!

If I were you I'd do like I did; dump the utv account and go with gmail.

Advertisement