Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

feast of crows finished

Options
  • 30-05-2005 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

yup he finally finished it

but theres good and bad news ... read on

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

publish it, publish it, publish it, publish it, publish it, publish it, publish it, publish it, publish it, publish it, publish it, publish it, publish it, publish it, publish it, publish it, publish it, publish it, publish it, publish it, publish it, publish it, publish it, publish it...

sorry, it's been a while since the last one... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'm trying to time my reading of the third book(s) so that I can start straight into book four without agonizing over the wait like everyone who started reading the series before me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

hurray!!! about fooking time now publish the thing and let me buy it!!:D

2 books is even better than 1. Delighted that he wasnt forced to butcher the story in order to get it published. Just hope the division does work and that he doesnt take 1/3 as long to finish Dance With Dragons as he did with Feast For Crows.

ooohhhh i cant wait hehehehehehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Sarky wrote:
    I'm trying to time my reading of the third book(s) so that I can start straight into book four without agonizing over the wait like everyone who started reading the series before me. :)

Don't worry, it looks like there's enough left in the series so you'll have a nice long wait with the rest of us for the next couple of books ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Hmmm. I dunno. After that wait, I'm tempted to wait till he finishes the lot before going back and reading them through from the start.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I can see where you're coming from Bonkey but I think four years is a sufficiently long wait. Personally, it's a little too long and I'm almost apathetic at this stage. It's a long long time and I've read many books in the interm, so he's going to have to really impress to return my passion for the series. The fact that he struggled so long, presumably with some degree of writer's block, leaves me with a sense of unsease that I hope proves unfounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i dunno if it was so much writters block as he had created an immensely complicated series up to this and with so much going on he had to take his time to get the final few books right.

at least thats what i'm hoping...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I believe in him.

*holds a game of thrones to his chest and babbles*

praise him.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DigiMarc

I remember reading on his website that he had a heart attack so this could possibly be the reason for the delay!

If he dies before finishing though - I'm going after him :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement