Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!HELP! Updatd firmware on Eircom modem

Options
  • 30-05-2005 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

Hi, I updated my firmware software on my Cayman 3341 smart modem(yeah right) recently, and I need to find the WAN settings... I have the latest version, yet the WAN settings seem to have disappeared. Have they just renamed it? I have a netgear WGR614v2 router, and I need to set the netopia to bridged, turn off DHCP and disable the WAN interface, to get the netgear to run through the cayman.

To go into my situation a little further, I need wireless routing, the netgear WGR412v2 has no uplink port, so I need to use the cayman as a bridge. Have any idea how to do it with the new firmware?

[edit] God damn wrong forum...

[edit2] btw, the firmware version is 7.4.2vr2(the international eircom version)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Did you get the firmware from the Eircom site or did you go to the netopia site.

To get the latest version you should go to http://ebgsvc.eircom.net/ebg/manualupgrade.jsp

This will check your modem and give you a link for the firmware. (It is the setup screen for eircom guardain but you do not have to actually subscribe)

That should put all the proper settings on your modem.

Any problems, send me a PM

Advertisement