Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got my signed copy of Alien Hominid

Options
  • 30-05-2005 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

A limited edition of a quirky PS2 game signed by the lead programmer - officially my nerdiest purchase ever!

Anybody else get one of these? The limited edition Eurogamer one. I'm number 40 out of the 100 made.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got Alien Hominid awhile ago from america. It's good for the price but really not as good as the games it takes it's influence from. Still for the price it's a decent game and worth it for the fantastic artwork.

BTW I have the GC version which controls an awful lot nicer so :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I played it briefly. They should have made the bullets easier to see. The light green colour is pretty neutral and they get lost in the explosions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I love that game playing it online filled so many college hours :D

Has it been released here on the ps2/gc yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

dceire wrote:
    Has it been released here on the ps2/gc yet?

Yeah, out last week.

On PS2 and Xbox only though, no Gamecube version for Europa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I'm enjoying it so far. Very retro. It's difficult though! Gotta be one of the most action packed games I've played in a long time. Look forward to getting into the PDA games too, only briefly tried them at the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Is there an US version on the GC?
    Yeah, out last week.

On PS2 and Xbox only though, no Gamecube version for Europa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

dceire wrote:
    Is there an US version on the GC?

Yea there is.

On my PS2 version it being a 2d game makes the digital pad seem really natural, however I can't imagine using anything but the analog on Gamecube so not sure if that feels more comforstable. The PS2 version does have some slow down sometimes which I assume wouldn't happen on the cube though.

Advertisement