Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KOTOR 2: Sith Lords

Options
  • 31-05-2005 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know where can I lay my hands on a copy of this - for the PC of course? Ive tried Game, HMV, Gamestop (all in the city centre) and Play.com. Nobody seems to have it in stock. Any clues on where a copy of this may be located would be appreciated.

I honestly would have thought theyd have ordered in extra copies what with the Star Wars movie being out only last week but I guess thats why I dont make my money selling games.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Having the exact same problem mate, i tried Game in Liffey Valley last Friday and in both Games and Gamestop in town on Sat, Gamestop said nothing about it, but Game said they were getting new stock in on Monday, so I went in today at about Five O' Clock and they told me they hadn't got a delievery yet and to try back in the next few days, and to give them a ring to see is it in yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I got my copy in Gamestop in the Omni, Santry. They had plenty of copies but that was a few weeks ago so not sure about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

have you tried amazon.co.uk? they had it last time i checked

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

ah i remember when with lords came out it was impossible to find kotor 1 i tried 19 shops!
    go to blancherstown virgin also get out the phone book and just ring every single game virgin hmv and game stop in dublin wont cost u more than 5 euro credit.

kotor 2 isent as good as kotor 1 (kotor 1 and tie fighter (orginal) are the 2 best SW games ever)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Finding new games can be the biggest pain in the arse these days, its much easier to whip out the aul credit card and order it online than trekking around town/etc on the offchance you stumble across it

I was looking for kotor 1 a while back and no luck in about 10 places, probably should have rung first

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I got mine off mx2.co.uk for £14.99 just 2 weeks ago. Bargain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

I just finished it today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

User45701 wrote:

kotor 2 isent as good as kotor 1 (kotor 1 and tie fighter (orginal) are the 2 best SW games ever)

in what way is it better?
    i was gonna buy it tomorrow for xbox, but i may aswell just go for kotor1 instead.. hmm, must read up on a few reviews..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

User45701 wrote:

No way !!!

Lego Star Wars beats all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

[nicK] wrote:
    in what way is it better?
    i was gonna buy it tomorrow for xbox, but i may aswell just go for kotor1 instead.. hmm, must read up on a few reviews..

I liked better KOTOR1 as well, but maybe it's just because me (and pb many others) expected more from KOTOR2. They are sort of similar, even I liked the first one a bit more, I recommend you to get BOTH of them!
    KOTOR1 has many game awards (smth like best game of 2003 I believe) and if you play KOTOR1 you will definitely want more! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Sand wrote:
    Does anyone know where can I lay my hands on a copy of this - for the PC of course? Ive tried Game, HMV, Gamestop (all in the city centre) and Play.com. Nobody seems to have it in stock. Any clues on where a copy of this may be located would be appreciated.

I honestly would have thought theyd have ordered in extra copies what with the Star Wars movie being out only last week but I guess thats why I dont make my money selling games.

KOTR 2 is overrated and a big dissapointmnt, kotr 1 is actually better imo, my advice is to buy Planescape torment, and make a player called Jango fet or whatever and pretend your playing a starwars rpg, its way way better anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

KOTR 2 is overrated and a big dissapointmnt, kotr 1 is actually better imo, my advice is to buy Planescape torment, and make a player called Jango fet or whatever and pretend your playing a starwars rpg, its way way better anyway

All reports of KOTOR2 I've heard is that its more of the same from KOTOR1 - sign me up please.

As for Planescape Torment, I already have a copy. I never found it to be the nirvana of gaming that its hailed as to be honest. Its grand, but it never "got" me the way FFIV did. Hell, KOTOR1 beat the pants of it as far Im concerned.
    I got mine off mx2.co.uk for £14.99 just 2 weeks ago. Bargain

This was helpful, and the option I went for.
    I just finished it today

This was not helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

I cant understand why people say KOTOR 2 was a dissapointment.

I think they were very careful with it and they didnt change anything. All the improvments were really clever ones, and there were a lot of them.

I thought the gameplay was great, better than KOTOR 1 of course because of the additions etc.

The story is extremely well written, I know a lot of people were hoping for another mega twist, but you just werent going to get that. The twist in KOTOR 1 puts the story in KOTOR 1 ahead of 2, but the story in KOTOR 2 is still really good. The characters are some of the best ever in a videogame.

Theres nothing wrong with the graphics, not as new looking as KOTOR 1 of course. By no means bad or anything.

I'm not sure how long the game is, I was exhausted after I finished it, its a long game. I tried to do everything, and theres still a lot left to do, a whole lot.

Technically, the game stacks up just as good as KOTOR 1, I can see how personal opinion would make someone say that they preferred 1 over 2 etc. What I cant understand is how people say it was an awful game or a let down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I felt KOTOR 2 was just as good in terms of characters and stories as the first one and had a lot of nice little improvements. However it wasn't the leap forward that you usually expect from a sequel, it was just more of the same(in this case the same being great!)

Unfortunately the bugs destroyed the game, I had to give up. Can anyone tell me if they've patched it to a playable degree? I plan to go back to it if they have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

Yes I've heard the bugs were awful. Personally they didnt effect me, so I cant really comment on them. Heard of people on the Xbox who had put in dozen of hours and gotten that bug that didnt let you continue on.

I understand that it wasnt a huge leap forward, but they knew that people wanted more of what works and we gave it to us, and it was great.

Advertisement