Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web hosting

Options
  • 31-05-2005 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

I've a web hosting related problem and was hoping to get some advice but the relevant board is closed.
    I did a little research and saw all the spaming and pimping and see and agree as to why the board was closed.

I was wondering though, since so much time has passed is there any case for reopening the forum.

If not is there any other forum where talking about web hosting is permitted?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

And there s certainly enough traffic to warrent it. It just needs much, much stricter moderation (not that I was here at the time to know what happened, but I heard the legends...)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I brought this up yonky dodogles aroug as well but it didn't seem to get a huge amount of support outside of webhosts. In fairness it seems like a reasonable thing (To keep it closed)

A lot of hotss monitor boards so ignoring the whole pimping scenario you also have to take into account legal implications involved for boards. Also last I saw an admin worked at a hosting company that is quite active here. Not to say there is anything wrong with that but I cannot see any good coming for someone out of that situation/

It would save htem a love of hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

So how many PMs have you gotten offering advice since you created this thread?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It just needs much, much stricter moderation (not that I was here at the time to know what happened, but I heard the legends...)
    The moderation was strict enough, it was just handled badly imho. If the rhetoric could be toned down, it would work a lot better. It would be great to see a forum where users could discuss hosting, but I can't see it happening unless pimping is banned outright.

adam

It is as far as I'm aware on the web design board yet it still happens every now and then.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Never Ever. The whole industry can rot and they can rue the loss of income between them.

Its just fraught with danger, with a few exceptions most are so self obsessed or immature that the threat of lawsuit is huge and the nature of the industry seems to be so unprofessional that it makes my eyes BLEED to watch it. I want nothing NOTHING further to do it that isn't 468x60.

Now, does that answer your question? :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

hahah

every time someone posts a web hosting question the same 2 or 3 heads pop up to flame the sh!te out of each for half an hour before a mod comes along and deletes the lot.

dont give them their own forums, ever.

In fairness its quite funny to read

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

NEVER re-open it, its not worth it just for the funny reads im with devore on this one let them all rot

Advertisement