Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buddy lists and invisible mode

Options
  • 31-05-2005 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭

Is there anyway for a user to give permission to be seen when they are online or is it an all or nothing thing?

"Mutual buddies" could be displayed as being online in the Buddy List, when they are on Boards, even if they are using invisible mode.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I would have assume it would be a mutual thing to be put on the list in the first going down... You know, what with the definition of "buddies" and all...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Presumably if you have someone added to your buddy list then you don't mind if they see your online status. However if it's not mutual then that shouldn't affect this situation, the other person's status shouldn't show up if they choose not to allow you to see it.

I'd have no problem with people on my buddy list knowing if I'm online, or not.

I use the invisable option for browsing boards so certain people won't pester me when I'm online, but these are not the type of people I would have on my buddy list anyway.

I really need sleep ...

Advertisement