Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CK3000 Bluetooth Car Kit

Options
  • 31-05-2005 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭

I have just ordered a Parrot CK3000 Evolution Bluetooth Car Phone Kit from expansys.ie. It looks the biz. Anyone else got one installed? Any feedback? Does it work well? Sounds quality good etc...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭fletch

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

I have no experience of the parrot brand but over all I am not impressed with the bluetooth car kits. I find that they are noisy, tempermental etc. When I swapped cars I didn't even bother swapping the kit and just bought a Belkin Bluetooth headset, only €40, perfect sound, voice dialing, I even use it in the house.

If you do go for a built-in bluetooth unit, make sure you have a car charger for the phone, bluetooth eats the battery life!!!

whippet wrote:
    If you do go for a built-in bluetooth unit, make sure you have a car charger for the phone, bluetooth eats the battery life!!!
    Mmm never thought of that.....anyways its for my Dad and AFAIK he does have an in-car charger
    Thanks for the feedback anyway....will see how it goes

Just took delivery of the Bluetooth CK 3000 Evolution car-kit and WOW am I impressed. A doddle to install and works a treat with my Dad's T610....so much so that I'm off to buy a new phone with Bluetooth plus the kit for my car.
    Press the green button, stereo mutes, say the name of the person u wish to call & hey presto it rings them. Then when the call is finished it unmutes the radio
    When a call is coming in, radio mutes and you have the option of pressing the button to accept or just saying "answer" or "reject".
    It's so kool and so neat....all you see is the small button (below) and a small microphone you can place out of sight
    photo-017.jpg
    One thing to note is that some cars will require an ISO adaptor to fit the radio....This crowd stock most of them

I love my CK3000 & while messing around with it there the other day I noticed that once my phone is paired with it & I play an MP3 on my phone, the music is then streamed through the sound system!!!! VERRY neat....although the sound quality is terrible (presumibly because it was not intended for this but its jus a neat side effect)
    Does anyone know if the firmware upgrades will improve the sound quality....afterall bluetooth can transmit at 700kbps+ and most of my mp3s are 128/192/320 kbps???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Sound quality is normally crap if your using the speaker that came with the kit. If you hook it in to the car's speakers it might be better.

I have a Sony Ericson BT car kit (HCB-300). Works great no complaints. I want to get the extra wiring loom for putting the sund through the car speakers at some point but they are expensive for what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Been usuing a ck3000 (the original not hte evolution model) for years now, never had any trouble with it, been through a few phones now with it, it's connected through the speakers and it just works, and works well all the time, including the times ive left my phone in my bag in the boot, a great piece of kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

I have a Parrot 3000 in my Laguna - it works ok - but ppl always say they cant hear me. Seems the mic I have is directional and doesnt pick up the voice well. Implementation problem it seems. Otherwise they are supposed to be fairly good.

Rew wrote:
    Sound quality is normally crap if your using the speaker that came with the kit. If you hook it in to the car's speakers it might be better.

I have a Sony Ericson BT car kit (HCB-300). Works great no complaints. I want to get the extra wiring loom for putting the sund through the car speakers at some point but they are expensive for what they are.
    I do have it wired through the sound system of the car(there is no separate speaker with the kit) & sound quality is ace for telephone conversations.....it's just when I've got music playing on my phone that the sound isn't the best as it streams from the phone through to the car speakers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I dont know so... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Frank_Gooding

I installed 2 Parrot 3200 units for colleagues.

1 works fine since day one.

The other is casuing hassle.

Sent back once because the lcd screen went dead and it was if it would now boot up.

Now when the weather is hot the ignition must be turned on and off a few times to get it going.

Seems to be worse in the heat.

Anyone have one of these?
    Anyone had problems?

I have checked wiring and it 100%.
    Where I had a cut joint for ignition I soldered so good connection there.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Darando

I have a Parrot CK3100 installed in my car - (with Ford SOT lead) linked to my Ford headunit. It works perfectly - sound and quality- very happy with it. Not sure if its an option on the CK3000 but on the CK3100 you can adjust the microphone volume so people hear you better.

Didnt bother cutting any wires just used an adaptor lead - much easier to fit and then remove if needed.

Overall Im very impressed. I have the latest firmware for my model. Easily done using Parrot website.

The reason any music might sound crap is because the unit is not stereo - its just mono. Hence not great for music.

On a K750i the bluetooth doesnt eat up the battery at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Frank_Gooding

I had to pick up an ignition power on the second car a merc. There wasn't one on the back of the radio, they seem to use the optic remote on the steering wheel to activate the radio.

Didn't work yesterday evening until the ignition was turned on and off twice.
    Worked this morning first time.

Annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

How does it connect to the stereo? The diagram on the expansys website seems to only show a connection to the stereo mute system. My second nokia kit is on the way out so I think I'd prefer to go blutooth at this stage.

FX Meister wrote:
    How does it connect to the stereo? The diagram on the expansys website seems to only show a connection to the stereo mute system. My second nokia kit is on the way out so I think I'd prefer to go blutooth at this stage.
    If your radio uses ISO connections its a simple plug and play jobbie Eg
    Cable to power & speakers - Parrot Kit - Radio
    ....if not an adaptor from siocommunications.co.uk will sort you out

Advertisement