Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent help required regarding leaving cert. history

Options
  • 31-05-2005 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭

Morning :)

Basically, while I have made a huge effort to keep on top of everthing this year, through one fault or another I've managed to let myself slip quite badly.

I'm doing higher level (ordinary really isn't an option at this point), and I've only recently seriously taken into consideration the idea of writing a special research topic (it was never really pressed on in class). Now I did attempt one earlier in the year, but I was completely off course and that had to be scrapped, so being in whatever kind of pessimistic mood I was in at the time I completely gave up on it.

A few people in my class have been having similar ideas and "acquired" special topic essays from older siblings and friends who have already done the exam, which they've then rearranged in their own words and put their own slant on (bearing in mind that there's now a week until the exams and nobody has much time...), and I'll add the the teacher has throughly endorsed this, as long as some effort of our own is actually put in.

So to the important bit - does anyone know if there's anywhere online I can get a pre-written essay from, or would anyone be willing to donate one for the next few days? (Yes, I know it's mad even thinking about it at this stage, but it will at least give me one sound question to answer, taking into consideration that I might have to learn another 10 topics in the hope that just one might come up)

I'd really appreciate any help, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Hmm....if you still need it, I might be able to get one to you tommorrow.

Someone posted a link to a bunch of essays a while back, I had a look for it but couldn't find it. You could always just prepare an essay for De Valera or Collins (they can't both come up...), search for the names of some books on the two and use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

I would be beyond grateful for that.

And thanks for looking for that link anyway. I don't have anything prepared on Collins, and I have a gut feeling I might need to answer on De Valera in the Irish history section, so I'd rather not take my chances with that.

At this point, it's a case of just not having enough time to do everything I still have to do. I do have my own ideas for a special topic and have done a small amount of research, and believe me I don't feel in any way good about using somebody else's, but I don't think I have much option anymore. If I were to go ahead and prepare my own from scratch something else would have to suffer badly for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

http://www.geocities.com/athlonelaura/

im in the same boat as you my friend!! ;)

Thanks very much!
    None of those are suitable to use as special topic essays, but they'll come in handy nonetheless.

i may be able to get you a countess markievcz essay...ill see what i can do

• Advertisement

Don't worry about it, I've just been sent one. Thanks though.
    Who would have thought random internet people could be so nice :D

we are a rare breed!! :D

but know that we are on the subject....what essay did you get? any chance of me getting a copy? change the formation of course!!

Well thanks anyway, I really do appreciate it :)

Advertisement