Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cars dumped in Apt Complexes - help!

• 06-11-2008 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Hi. I am looking to see if someone can help me here.

I live in an apartment complex. We have a carpark with no gates and people are dumping cars here. I had this problem before and I was onto the council. They said they cannot do anything for insurance/legal reasons as the carpark is on private property. They suggested I go to the police. I went to the police. They checked to see if the car was reported stolen. As it was not they could not do anything.

I went back to the council. They reiterated that they could only do something if the cars are on public roads, in which case they would prosecute the people dumping. I get a brainwave and suggest that I could get the car moved on to the layby outside our complex. Guess what. They said they would prosecute ME for dumping! They suggested I go to the police…

I contact my councillor and he gets the council to come down and confirm that the car is dumped and we pay to have it removed.

It seems to me to be terribly unfair. One solution would be to get security gates but the outlay and maintenance would be prohibitive for a small complex. Any ideas anyone?

Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement