Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB upgrade?

• 31-05-2005 11:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

is this just a rumour or does it actually exist? :rolleyes:

anyone in the bayside/baldoyle region get upgraded?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭dunco

Have you been under a rock for the last few months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

Yea im on the Baldoyle mast too. I thought i was the only one on it still lol
    Anyway yea IBB have got 2MB, just call up sales department and ask/remind them you want the 2MB service. I called up a friend of mine and got upgraded in a few hours. A mate of mine was waiting days untill i coped he was already paying for the 2MB serice. SO he kicked up a fuss and got upgraded too.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Anyone on Ballycoolin notice ping spikes or erratic pings the last few nights? Its not the high site but the link to Tallaght where I see the ping going erratic !

Anyone else got this problem, playing BFV last night and pings went from 18 - 100 and back again continously ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

had that problem last week got responses from 1000 to 2000ms! , called them and they sorted it for me hough within 10 mintues of the call

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

Are ye guys saying that the Irish Broadband service advertised as 1Mbp/s is actually a 2mbp/s line? Is it only in specific areas or did i misunderstand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Zounds wrote:
    Are ye guys saying that the Irish Broadband service advertised as 1Mbp/s is actually a 2mbp/s line? Is it only in specific areas or did i misunderstand?

Yup 2mb for me ! very nice but a little laggy !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭remoteboy

I'm still on the 512k service. I rang and asked about the speed upgrade and they said they would be contacting all their customers in two-three weeks. Knowing IBB's promises, that means very little. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

Drapper wrote:
    Yup 2mb for me ! very nice but a little laggy !

All areas or just some? Why aren't they advertising it as 2Mb?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

Zounds wrote:
    All areas or just some? Why aren't they advertising it as 2Mb?

They are but it seems as if its in the business section now. http://irishbroadband.ie/htmdocs/our_products/Breeze_2MBbusiness.htm

The 1mb product they advertise now is fairly new €35.99 per month with a 30gb cap compared to the 2mb which is €48 per month and no cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

about IBB in baldoyle. i've got dsl with eircom and im dying to change. whats the service like, in relation to downloading/uploading. wouldnt play too many games online so the latency wouldnt matter much? any information before moving would be appreciated all you baldoyle mast poeple :)

-adnans

• Advertisement
Advertisement