Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise on a good Mortgage Broker or IFA?

• 31-05-2005 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭

Anybody have any positive dealings with any specific Mortgage Broker or IFA?

Looking to arrange a mortgage and want to discuss it with a non-affiliated independant adviser.

Cheers

Chris

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

The problem with a lot of mortgage brokers is that the work they are paid commission from the mortgage provider so they will quite ofter advise the provider that will pay them the highest commission.

I used to work in the industry, you would be amazed to see how far the financial institutions go to keep the bigger brokers sweet so they will pass business their way.

You would be better off doing the research yourself, have a look at www.finfacts.ie to get you started, it has a section containing all the various mortgage rates for all the providers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Rea seem to have a good reputation though I haven't used them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Hello,

I am an independent Mortgage broker, I get paid the same commission from all lenders ( I currently have access to 11 lenders ). All Mortgage advisors now have to tell you exactly how much they are being paid completing your mortgage, as set out in their terms of business. I unllike some brokers do not charge any other fees. I would be happy to discuss your requirements and I promise an excellent service. You can email me on keating.financial@gmail.com. :) You are better off using an Independent Mortgage Advisor, rather than doing the leg work yourself.

Regards

• Subscribers Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

have been using rea myself and they have got me a good deal, they refund the commision or else keep it and work for free.
    they were much more help than my own bank....

Advertisement