Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT Assessment

Options
  • 31-05-2005 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭

Does anybody have any idea when during the year VRT amounts are re-assessed? Obviously cars lose value everyday so it's probably not that often but some amounts on the VRT website never seem to change. I heard from somewhere they go down/up on june 1st as it's 6 months into the year...

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I don't know tbh, but I have watched the online calculator values for particular cars go up and down like a prozzie's knickers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

they supposedly re-evaluate them automatically every 6 months but really they only investigate the OMSP when somebody complains about a valuation and then they usually put the price up to spite you - speaking from experience.

In practice they put the car on one of about 30 depreciation tables when first added to the system and it is stuck on that table until somebody complains about the value being entirely divergent from reality or until they see loads of that model being imported and then they put the price up to stop second hand car importers from earning a buck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

then they usually put the price up to spite you

So if I complain (likely) they just put the price up to get more cash, or do they listen then put the price up for all future punters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Gatster wrote:
    I heard from somewhere they go down/up on june 1st as it's 6 months into the year...

I think you could be right because the online VRT calculator is down at the moment with message -

"The Revenue On-Line Service is currently unavailable.
    We are currently upgrading our service, which has required the site to be shut down for a short period of time.
    We hope to resume full service at midnight. Thank you for your patience. "

I've literally just VRT'd one car yesterday and another one last Thursday so Im gonna ****in freak if that is the case.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

yep theyve updated it alright. ****ing *****.

appeal here we go..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

I VRT'd my M3 a couple of months back, and its still the same amount now.

I can tell you though for definite, on the 31/12/2004 the VRT for my car was 4K, when I got up on the 1/1/05 , the VRT had dropped to 3033.

This decrease was across the board, for an obvious reason though, all cars were 1 year older.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

No they weren't, they were a day older.

Rover 75 OMSP just dropped by €4000 in the last week after me complaining to them that the OMSPs were ridiculous considering the company had gone out of business. Took the best part of two months and prodding for them to respond to a change that wiped thousands of Euro off the value of a car overnight.

If they have "under-valued" the OMSP of a car they do not chase you for the underpayment - kind souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

I VRT'd my M3 a couple of months back, and its still the same amount now.

What year M3 is it, probably getting one next.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Checked the VRT on my 328i on 1st Jan as well, it had gone down from 7900 to approx 6000... The car may technically have been one day older as you said Mailman, but unless they're going to use the exact age of the car in days to price your VRT I think its fair to say it was a year older.

I just checked a minute ago, and its gone back up by €200 for some reason.

Advertisement