Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom: defintion for rubbish?

• 31-05-2005 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

About half an hour ago I received a phone call from an eircom representative. She wanted to know if she could coax me back to their shoddy service and why we left them in the first place. I said to her that it boiled down to the fact they could not provide us with a broadband service.

We moved away from them because of their insulting manner, as result of me complaining about their service to a repair rep because of the fact our line continually fails their broadband line tests. Soon as I had told her this she had a rebuttle to the tune of ringing their broadband department and the possiblity of a new line.

I said to her I had been down this road before and the reason I cant get broadband is entirely their fault as I am on a split line. No quicker then the conversation had started it had ended, I just thought I inform you guys of this, because basically when I had mentioned I had a split line she was gone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

They're eircom. They'll lie through their teeth just to get you in and rip you off! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Infini wrote:
    They're eircom. They'll lie through their teeth just to get you in and rip you off! :rolleyes:

In fairness that's not completely true. These are just people with the awful job of answering the phone/calling people. Most of them really don't care what happens to Eircon. If you honestly think the person who calls you is responsible for not fixing a split line you are mistaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

paulm17781 wrote:
    In fairness that's not completely true. These are just people with the awful job of answering the phone/calling people. Most of them really don't care what happens to Eircon. If you honestly think the person who calls you is responsible for not fixing a split line you are mistaken.

It's the typical attitude of people on this board.

It's cool to smoke and hate Eircom kids!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

They're eircom. They'll lie through their teeth just to get you in and rip you off!

you mean their €ircon.. yeah were the worst in Europe for BB. Its all so pathetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 gforces

Willem D wrote:
    Hi everyone,

About half an hour ago I received a phone call from an eircom representative. She wanted to know if she could coax me back to their shoddy service and why we left them in the first place. I said to her that it boiled down to the fact they could not provide us with a broadband service.

We moved away from them because of their insulting manner, as result of me complaining about their service to a repair rep because of the fact our line continually fails their broadband line tests. Soon as I had told her this she had a rebuttle to the tune of ringing their broadband department and the possiblity of a new line.

I said to her I had been down this road before and the reason I cant get broadband is entirely their fault as I am on a split line. No quicker then the conversation had started it had ended, I just thought I inform you guys of this, because basically when I had mentioned I had a split line she was gone.

Well, I read an excerpt from an interview with one of the heads in Eircom and he said that they would provide broadband for all but a very few households. Provided you're not over a certain distance (4.5km I think) from an exchange they will provide the service, if you place an order.
    I can understand the cynicism this will be met with (I've had my own problems with Eircom) but I'd keep ragging them if I were you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

gforces wrote:
    Provided you're not 10 miles from an exchange they will provide the service, if you place an order.

They will not ACCEPT an order if you are more than 4.5km (2.8 MILES) from an exchange or if you have an ISDN line. HOW can you order it then ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I had a simalar issue, I am only 1.5 miles from the exchange but I'm on a carrier line which can't be used for broadband. I live down a culdesac lane in the country where there is only 15 houses or so. I spend a lot of time complaining to different people within Eircom but got nowhere. My uncle is an area manager with Eircom in my location but he said it would cost about 40k to get broadband down my laneway and that wouldn't happen for a long time if ever even with him working it behind the scences.

But about 3 months ago a local business man began building a large house opposite the entrance to my laneway. My Uncle called me and said to talk to the business man and see whether or not he would be requesting broadband and if he was going to want it to get him to apply asap.

So I got a phone call from the uncle saturday saying eircom had approved the running of new lines to the local business man and he would be able to work extending these lines to my gaf so I should be able to get BB within the next few months. But if it wasn't for the uncle I probably would never of got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 gforces

Sponge Bob wrote:
    They will not ACCEPT an order if you are more than 4.5km (2.8 MILES) from an exchange or if you have an ISDN line. HOW can you order it then ????
    I edited that immediately (before you posted).

Advertisement