Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pistol Prices

Options
  • 31-05-2005 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭

Okay Guys,

I am at the point of buying a pistol my Max Limit is €700

What could I get for this and also does anyone know any good German or European Websites that I can order from with Minimum hassle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

www.frankonia.de (German only)
    www.triebel.de (German & English)

Both have large selections - Frankonia has a huge s/h listing too "gebrauchtwaffen". I'm buying the pistol off Frankonia, some accessories from Triebel. Would recommend them both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Dr.Feelgood

Will that not be remarkably hard to import?

Hard Yes Worth it yes aswell:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Dr.Feelgood

How will you get it in?
    I understand if this cant be discussed!!
    Can they be imported to U.K addresses??
    Do ya need a licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

you get the serial of the gun off them and get a licence for it i'm not sure if they're allowed in the uk buy they are in ireland under certain circumstances. once you get the licence you'll need a eu importlicence and you need to photcopy all this and send it to them i dont think they need the originals they also require a photcopy of your passport then they'll post you the gun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Guns with folding stocks generally dont go down to well. Can't make out anything else.

Also , that 7.62 short being a military calibre may also create problems.

This doesnt look to rabbit friendly
    http://www.triebel.de/suche2.php3?bes=&artikelnr=252612&begriff=wgr&value=LBS

Eh lads, forget about the AKs will ye - definitely not the image we need, and not much use for sport shooting.

The G22 on the other hand is a straightforward .22lr, perfect for hunting and plinking, though I read somewhere the DoJ don't like the look of it (wonder if it'd help them if it was painted pink or something).

As for importing from Germany, it seems to be straightforward. Get a licence and an Article 7 from the Gardai. Send these to the German dealer (originals needed, I understand). It'll take them 2 weeks to get an import licence, then they post you the gun. I hope to test this procedure in a couple of weeks, and will report back.

Frankonia are charging around Eur13 for the paperwork, and Eur20 for shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

G22 looks like a grand handy rifle, good at less then e400! Anyone know who's importing them?

• Advertisement

Seem drawn to it myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Flattop 15

If you want to go the "AK "route of things.I would suggest you get the hunting version of the Izamash.It hasnt got the nasty folding stock and other military features,but if you really want those you can always assessorise it later.If you were going for full bore target rifles you could always get the long barreled Izamesh or the warsaw pact sniper rifle the Dragunov.
    The military calibre arguement now at the moment should be regarded as hogwash,as the .223 and 5.56 and 308 ammo is for sale openly.
    As for folding stocks,I have never seen any hassle with importing rifles with them.However unless you need a REALLY compact rifle,or have a storage space problem.I wouldnt bother with one in a big calibre.They are uncomfortable in all the rifles and shotgunsI have shot[ AKM,HK91,side and top folders on pumps and semis]They just look cool though :D

I wasnt sure about the mil calibre thing , I thought I just heard it somewhere. I do that alot. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Got a "ballpark" quote of about 500euro for a CZ110 from the
    VERY nice people in Tannyoky ....

Very helpful and nice to deal with..!

BTW ..
    I believe some gundealers are only allowing the sale of pistol calibre ammo to
    people whose Article 7 application originated from their establishment.

Sounds like a daft, mean, and short-lived attempt at cornering the market to me.. Or perhaps I misunderstand the legalitys .

Sounds like a daft, mean, and short-lived attempt at cornering the market to me.. Or perhaps I misunderstand the legalitys .

Sounds the same to me, legalities don't come into it.

Advertisement