Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

****New Transfer Rumours and Signings****

• 12-05-2005 8:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

There must be a reason Hamburg is VDV's most likely destination. He rates himself as much as I do. ;) I've never seen him play well tbh.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

I wonder would Lyon take Saha and bellion in a trade(with cash obviously), i read they were looking for a centre forward, wheather or not saha would be happy to move back to france, think united will let a striker go and that could be something lyon would be interested in? He'd be playing very good standard of CL...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Poor Reyes:
    Luxemburgo wants Ronaldo
    Thursday May 12 2005

Real Madrid coach Wanderley Luxemburgo has admitted he is an admirer of Manchester United's winger Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ronaldo has been linked with Real Madrid in recent weeks as Madrid search for a replacement for Luis Figo, who looks certain to leave the club at the end of the current season.

They have also been linked with Betis winger Joaquin Sanchez and the Madrid coach has made it clear he would be happy to have the pair of them working under his charge.

"Of course I like players such as Joaquin or Cristiano Ronaldo," he said on Real Madrid television.

However, Luxemburgo believes neither Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United or Lorenzo Serra Ferrer at Betis are getting the best out of the players.

"I believe that leaving them to play out on the wing limits their capacity to perform," he said, using Betis as an example.

"Who is more skilful, Joaquin or (Ricardo) Oliveira? Joaquin.

"However, who has scored most goals? Oliveira (with 19 this season).

"That is because he plays more centrally and is not wasted on the wing. I like my strikers to participate in the game from the wings," said Luxemburgo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Rumours have been persisting for quite a while that Arsenal are going to sign Alexander Hleb from Stuttgart in the summer. Wenger is keeping quiet but the rumours were floating around in the same way when he bought Van Persie and Reyes. Don't know much about him, although I vaguely recall him playing against United in the CL about 2 seasons ago. A few Bundesliga followers I've talked to say he's the bizniz, maybe the best attacking midfielder in the league. I'd imagine he'd be a replacement for Pires/Edu.

Also apparently Wenger wrote in his pre-match Everton notes that he'd sign 2 world class players in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

A few Bundesliga followers I've talked to say he's the bizniz, maybe the best attacking midfielder in the league.
    Well definately not the best. That award goes to Marek Mintal (32 games/22 goals), who ironically is reported to be watched heavily by Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Berger going to the Villa on a free:http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/Story_Page/0,7760,2483_474130,00.html

Not bad for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

irish1 wrote:
    Berger going to the Villa on a free:http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/Story_Page/0,7760,2483_474130,00.html

Not bad for free.
    Sounds like a replacement for Hitzlsperger. Has he got the class though to push Aston Villa from midtable mediocrity to a UEFA cup spot? Doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

Milan are likely to get Massimo Oddo in the summer from Lazio, a right-back, as replacement for Cafu. Read it here

He has a few Italian caps as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Van bommel signed a 3 year deal with Barca, i heard today.

edson wrote:
    Milan are likely to get Massimo Oddo in the summer from Lazio, a right-back, as replacement for Cafu. Read it here

He has a few Italian caps as well.
    LOVELY FONT EDSON!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Cianan2 wrote:
    Van bommel signed a 3 year deal with Barca, i heard today.

Bannor was right about that months ago!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

from bbc
    Hargreaves hints at Anfield move

Hargreaves has been linked with a move to the Premiership
    Owen Hargreaves has revealed he would be interested in a move to Liverpool after they were linked with a £2.5m deal for the England midfield man.

The 24-year-old is expected to leave Bayern Munich at the end of the season.

And he said: "Liverpool are a very interesting club. They are a very strong team and it is clear they have a bright future under Rafael Benitez.

"But really I don't want to say more until the German cup final against Schalke 04 is out of the way."

Spurs and Blackburn have also been linked with Hargreaves, but reports suggest Liverpool are now favourites to complete a summer deal.

England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson is understood to have told Hargreaves his chances of making the squad for the 2006 World Cup in Germany would be improved by a move to the Premiership.

When I've seen him I thought him no more than a "water carrier" tbh. Not sure why we'd want him as he can offer nothing that the current centre-4 dont do well already. Unless one of them (Hamann) is leaving.

Oh yeah - Peter Crouch for Anfield????????????????????

Mike.

Arsenal have targeted Newcastle keeper Shay Given as a replacement for Jens Lehmann. (Daily Mail)

God, that'd be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I think Hughes fro 1.5 million is a good buy for the Villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Chelsea are set to start their spending before 30th May, with the signings of Del Horno (LB) and the other apparantally Adriano (if true big gamble IMO)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Peter crouch?

oh lord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Chelsea are said to be interested in Brazian teenager Anderson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Board@Work

I hope to god that pool don't sign Hargreaves..

Granted really the only times i've seen him play has been for england and am not really impressed at all. don't know why Ericson likes him so much.. he still has to prove himself because i dont rate the German League

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

John O Shea to... Liverpool

Hargreaves, Crouch and now O' Shea. Rafa what are you on?

Yeh saw that O'Shea to Liverpool, apparently hes a Liverpool fan.
    Liverpool could do with a good squad player like O'Shea, especially with Traore probably on his way out

I'd prefere Traore myself. Newcastle have been linked with him too.

Crouch is'nt leaving Saints last I heard.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Hleb was apparently at Highbury in the win against Liverpool. £12 is the price being bandied about, and this one has been floating around for ages. There's rarely smoke without fire, especially when Arsene keeps quiet about it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

Liverpool could have signed O'Shea before he signed for Man u

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Crouch is undoubtedly the most underrated player in the premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

sky sports today linked portsmouth with crouch, except, unlike the liverpool link, there were actually quotes

every year hargreaves is linked and every year i hope its not true....seems set to continue

initially i didn't like the link with o'shea, but hes versatile and would apparently be pretty cheap...so it could be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

eyerer wrote:
    sky sports today linked portsmouth with crouch, except, unlike the liverpool link, there were actually quotes
    Peter Storrie, Pompey’s chief executive:
    “Will we make a bid for him? Watch this space.

This is the time of year when countless players are linked with us and when our more promising players are linked with other clubs. We have drawn up a list of players in all areas and all, at this stage, are no more than targets.

Peter Crouch has been named and obviously we have looked closely at what he has done and the impact he has made. The club wants to sign proven good players at Premier level and that is what we are aiming to do this summer.”

Boro have got Yakubu for 7.5 mill and it looks like Hamann is on his way to Bolton on a free. Damn.

Mike.

Is it me or have all these deals and bids started very early?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

No major tournament this year I suppose so managers want to get their players in before they all go on holiday.

mike65 wrote:
    it looks like Hamann is on his way to Bolton on a free. Damn.

Mike.

what a strange transfer i find this to be

• Advertisement

How? For Bolton its a "no loose" I'd say. Didi still has a couple of years left in him, has experience in Europe (Bolton in UEFA Cup).

Mike.

loose?
    i thought pool wanted to keep didi...(maybe i was wrong) therefore i was surprised at his decision to go there...
    maybe they offered a longer contract...hmmm

Ah I see, for Bolton its a no-loose gamble. For Pool it would be an error. A new one season deal was put before him in January but he stalled I think cos it was just one year. Bolton are bound to offer at least 2, but I'm hoping that when we win on Wednesday (!) he'll be willing to sign in the afterglow of success (knowing he'll never win the UEFA Cup with Bolton). Either that or Rafa/board will hopefully offer a longer deal.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Jon Macken to palace!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

eyerer wrote:
    loose?
    i thought pool wanted to keep didi...(maybe i was wrong) therefore i was surprised at his decision to go there...
    maybe they offered a longer contract...hmmm

I reckon Biscan actually looking half decent this season put an end to Hamann's time..

Continuing the Liverpool - Bolton links. Now Stelios has been linked in a 2 million move by Daily Mail. So defensive MF goes one way, attacking midfielder the other...

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=280230&CPID=23&CLID=178&lid=&title=Ezquerro+seals+Barca+deal&channel=Spain

Bannor right again! Man I miss his posts!!!! Where is he!?
    Barcelona have secured a deal for Athletic Bilbao star Santiago Ezquerro.

The 28-year-old is out of contract at San Mames this summer and he has shunned all offers of new terms from Bilbao.

He is now understood to have signed a pre-contract agreement with Barca, who will complete his signing in June.

Ezquerro is the second player to seal a Bosman deal with Barca this month, after Dutch ace Mark van Bommel agreed his move from PSV Eindhoven last week.

True cheesedude:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2673482&postcount=68

Not good news for Chelsea fans though if the Gallas one is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

I was going to save this for a posting tomorrow but I foresee the hangover from hell taking effect soon - the outer reaches of the brain are already starting to hurt. Anyways...

Arsene Wenger has been talking to Valencia for the past few weeks about taking the manager's job at the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Jaysus Bannor you're killin' me here with your amazingly true rumours.

ARE YOU PSYCHIC!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I for one would be sick for any Arsenal supporter upon hearing that, really would!

Anything juicy about the pool Bannor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

LOVELY FONT EDSON!

i try to brighten up the place!

OMG Valencia?

So that's why Arsenal have been offering seats on the board as well as extended contracts.

I reckon Wenger will be softened up sufficiently to keep him at Arsenal. Because if they lose him they're smucked.

RVN's agent has been having some serious chats with the Madrid Club President this week. Perez has said he will make a cash only offer for the player if the Ronaldo to Chelsea move materialises. Perez knows that Ronaldo has been tapped up by Kenyon and Co. and apparently the club have investigators following the player's every movement. The plan is to make all the gorey details public if the need arises.

Galatasaray's Colombian goal keeper, Faryd Mondragon, is in talks with Everton and Man City.

Any news on a keeper for Man Utd now that the beeb has confirmed the exit of Roy Carroll?

Bannor, I get the impression from all the posts that the talk of RVN moving is from his agent, has RVN given any indication that he wants to move?
    That said, if its a move to Real Madrid he could go for 50 million for all we know, with their brilliant transfer dealings :)

p.s. I really want Chelsea to get caught tapping up again, that'd be funny :)

Madrid know that an agent claiming to represent Man Utd has spoken to Iker Casillas' agent about a move and this is the reason for his contract extension talks stalling. Casillas is denying that he has heard from any such agent.

In a conversation this week RVN's agent, Roger Linse has mentioned to Florentino Perez that Man Utd might want Iker Casillas in exchange for RVN. Perez is adamant that the deal with be a cash deal for RVN only and if Man Utd want Casillas they can offer RVN and Ronaldo in part exchange.

PHB: Man Utd were touting RVN around Spain earlier this year but there were no takers at the time.

I wouldn't expect anything to happen until Chelsea resolve their strikers for next season, then the transfers could start happening like dominoes falling. Madrid aren't the big fish any more - Perez is hoping that Chelsea will table a substantial offer for Ronaldo soon and it will dictate the transfer policy for the summer.

I for one would be sick for any Arsenal supporter upon hearing that, really would!

i'd laugh

Every Spanish player wants to play for Benitez and Liverpool. By the looks of things there will be a major influx of Spanish players in the summer. Jose Reina is now looking to be certainty, he's even blabbing to the press in Spain telling them he'll be playing for Liverpool next season. There are a couple of midfield players from Malaga lined up to strengthen the squad : Miguel Angel & Juan Rodriguez. Baros to Valencia looks to be done and dusted - waiting to find out if Vicente is part of the deal.

Is Casillas gona get a Galactico deal?
    If Ruud and C. Ronaldo(i assume) went to Real Madrid, I assume it'd be for Casillas + a lot of cash, since Casillas is worth what 25 mill max? Ruud alone is worth that much.
    Can't see Fergie willing to sell both Ruud and Ronaldo, arguably our two best players.

• Advertisement
Advertisement