Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

****New Transfer Rumours and Signings****

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

If fergie did that i.e. give Ronaldo and Ruud for Casillas, he would deserve to be sacked.

The amount of praise he gives Ronaldo...I hope he does not sell him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Real after Van Nistelrooy? Will those eejits ever learn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Bannor wrote:
    Every Spanish player wants to play for Benitez and Liverpool. By the looks of things there will be a major influx of Spanish players in the summer. Jose Reina is now looking to be certainty, he's even blabbing to the press in Spain telling them he'll be playing for Liverpool next season. There are a couple of midfield players from Malaga lined up to strengthen the squad : Miguel Angel & Juan Rodriguez. Baros to Valencia looks to be done and dusted - waiting to find out if Vicente is part of the deal.

I am not exactly up to date on Spannish footie so those names mean little to me, obviously not Vicente though!!

I just hope some of them can make a big difference..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Bannor wrote:
    Perez is adamant that the deal with be a cash deal for RVN only and if Man Utd want Casillas they can offer RVN and Ronaldo in part exchange.

Ha Ha what a load of cobblers. RVN and Ronaldo in PART exchange for a keeper. Where's the punchline?

PHB wrote:
    Bannor, I get the impression from all the posts that the talk of RVN moving is from his agent, has RVN given any indication that he wants to move?
    That said, if its a move to Real Madrid he could go for 50 million for all we know, with their brilliant transfer dealings :)

p.s. I really want Chelsea to get caught tapping up again, that'd be funny :)

Yeah hilarious. For who exactly?

Oh so they would be fined a few million yet have one of the best ever strikers in the world.. Say bye bye to the league next season buddy..

Hilarious indeed.. The little battles are starting to feel that bit more significant now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

The Muppet wrote:
    Ha Ha what a load of cobblers. RVN and Ronaldo in PART exchange for a keeper. Where's the punchline?

I think that means Casillas isn't for sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeh, it does mean Casillas ain't for sale, unless he doesn't get a new Galactico deal in which case hes gone on a free :)

Hilarious because it would be the third they have been cuaght up in in recent times, which would force FIFA and the FA to look at something besides fines, which in turn will lead to a transfer ban :)

Even if it did lead to a transfer ban, do you anything up to 12 months would have much of an effect on them.. Look at the squad ffs!!

Or maybe they might be docked 10 points.. Going on this season that wont make much a difference either now will it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

I am not exactly up to date on Spannish footie so those names mean little to me, obviously not Vicente though!!

I just hope some of them can make a big difference..
    Angel is a central midfielder who can also play in central defence. Rodriguez is a defensive midfielder - he was given a free role by Malaga this season and clocked up quite a few goals which saw them avoid relegation. Villareal's keeper Reina is signing for Liverpool - he refused to listen to an offer from Man Utd apparently. Liverpool have made an enquiry about Real Zaragoza's attacking midfielder Luciano Galletti. Hamann has been offered a contract extension but has been told he will only be a squad/backup player.

The squad have been told that there will be major changes for the start of next season - only five players are certain of a starting place: Carragher, Gerrard, Alonso, Garcia, and Morientes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Bannor wrote:
    The squad have been told that there will be major changes for the start of next season - only five players are certain of a starting place: Carragher, Gerrard, Alonso, Garcia, and Morientes.

Garcia!!!! god I wouldn't want him in any side, gives the ball away far too often and never chases back.

Garcia is the reason that Liverpool got to the CL final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

And a big part of the reason they only finished fifth. I think he'll be alot better next season though, or at least alot less inconsistent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Van der Vaart moves to Hamburg for £4.5m

Odd, had heard no rumours about him, despite his profile having gone down recently he's worth keeping track of. ITV seem to be the only ones deigning to mention it.

VDV had been offered to Liverpool, but after consulting with Ronald Koeman, Benitez decided that the player didn't have the mental strength to play for the club. Koeman revealed that Van der Vaart lost his form when opposition supporters start chanting obscenities about his tv personality girlfriend, being moved from central midfield to the wing didn't help matters and the player just imploded - hence the reason he's heading for the back water that is Hamburg and not getting his alleged dream move to Liverpool/Barcelona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

disappointing bout van der Vaart - always a player i wanted to see at Man United. i have a feeling this is getting to be a very disappointing summer for United fans - i really can't imagine Old Trafford being an attractive place to go for the worlds best with all this Glazer crap.

• Advertisement

PHB wrote:
    Garcia is the reason that Liverpool got to the CL final
    true - Garcia was a big part of the reason liverpool won the CL - had a great knack for goals (and good ones at that) but his all round play is very poor. he does have good control when on the ball but his passing and attitude are questionable imo, would have liked a player with his goal scoring knack at United though.....

Tauren wrote:
    disappointing bout van der Vaart - always a player i wanted to see at Man United. i have a feeling this is getting to be a very disappointing summer for United fans - i really can't imagine Old Trafford being an attractive place to go for the worlds best with all this Glazer crap.

Players play football...surely they would not give a ****.

Tauren wrote:
    true - Garcia was a big part of the reason liverpool won the CL - had a great knack for goals (and good ones at that) but his all round play is very poor. he does have good control when on the ball but his passing and attitude are questionable imo, would have liked a player with his goal scoring knack at United though.....

I agree. Carragher/Gerrard essential but more so Carragher.

Carragher really shocked me this season - he has been incredable, if anyone has ever deserved a CL winners medal it was him. Against Chelsea it was Carragher who pulled liverpool through. Stevie G will be remembered for his goal that got liverpool through the group stage and his performance in the second half against milan, but imo he was very poor for most of the season (a major reason i don't see him going to chelsea) Jamie Carragher should have got player of the year.

cheesedude wrote:
    Players play football...surely they would not give a ****.
    in an ideal world yes, but the atmosphere at united isn't great at the moment, a lot of uncertainty surrounds the future of the club, i can see that being a major factor in a targets mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Imo Carragher had a great season. Liverpool would have been out of the group stages if it wasnt for him

Tauren, what exactly is it you think Glazier is doing?
    Football players arne't as dedicated to the idea of football as football fans are, because it is a busniess to them, it is their livelyhood.
    So what they see is a world class business tycoon taking over United

PHB wrote:
    Tauren, what exactly is it you think Glazier is doing?
    Football players arne't as dedicated to the idea of football as football fans are, because it is a busniess to them, it is their livelyhood.
    So what they see is a world class business tycoon taking over United

so they would ignore hte fact the club is now in up to £600million in debt? ignore the fact that Nike and Vodafone are threatening to pull out of the sponsorship deals?

They could well see what a lot of other people see - a club on the slide, in a massive amount of debt, in a league that will be dominated by chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Also United won't be able to spend big money like they did on Rooney, Ferdinand and RVN for quite a while

Gangsta wrote:
    Also United won't be able to spend big money like they did on Rooney, Ferdinand and RVN for quite a while

well we could afford another ruud...... he was only 18/19million.

ROFL, I think there is like 5 clubs in all of the CL who aren't in a massive amount of debt, and although it has never occured, the Manchester economy is just as dependent on Man Utd as Madrid is on Real's, so they would bail them out if anything major occured.

Nike and Vodafone can't pull there deals!
    Nike can terminate preemtivly in 2 years, which is fine considering Glazier would get some american brand to sponsor united for more money.

Chelsea dominated the league for oen year, Arsenal did it the year before.

PHB wrote:
    ROFL, I think there is like 5 clubs in all of the CL who aren't in a massive amount of debt, and although it has never occured, the Manchester economy is just as dependent on Man Utd as Madrid is on Real's, so they would bail them out if anything major occured.

Nike can terminate preemtivly in 2 years, which is fine considering Glazier would get some american brand to sponsor united for more money.

Vodafone have come out and said they are reviewing the contract. Yes glazer could get a replacement deal for Nike but would it come close to the 303million deal we have with nike, i doubt it. I really really doubt United would be bailed out if anything bad happened - how many other clubs have been, it would set a dangerous precedent. Yes chelsea have dominated the league for just one year but they have the best squad, a great manager and unlimited funds, its not unreasonable to think they could do it again.

I hope i am completely wrong, i would love united to go out and bring in some big names - but i just don't think we will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

http://www.lfconline.com/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=223694
    Dietmar Hamann is set to stay with Liverpool after helping them win the European Cup.

Hamann's current contract is all set to expire and the German was set for a free transfer to Bolton. However, in the light of his wonderful performance on Wednesday night, Hamann is set to be offered a new contract with Liverpool.

Liverpool were prepared to offer Hamann a new contract back in January but he hesitated on signing it and as a consequence it was withdrawn. Now that one year deal is back on the table and Didi will remain a Red.

Mike.

PHB wrote:

With all due respect PHB, blind faith and assumptions will not make it so..

PHB wrote:

Lol, If you want to believe that someone in Manchester will "bail Utd out" if they go bust go right ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

All of you going on about Sponsership pullouts might want to leave it away from here and start your own threads discussing this. I blieve theres one about Nike Pulling out anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Apparently Arsenal are going to offer £20m for Torres with Pires and Edu maybe going the other way.
    They're also after Robinho for 15m and Jermaine Jenas for 10m.
    Hard to know what to make of those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

cashback wrote:
    Apparently Arsenal are going to offer £20m for Torres with Pires and Edu maybe going the other way.
    They're also after Robinho for 15m and Jermaine Jenas for 10m.
    Hard to know what to make of those.

Where did you hear these? Amazing if true. Torres would be lethal with Arsenal. I though Robinho was basically a done deal to Real?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Just read them on the gossp columns on bbc http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4590781.stm
    and the one on football365. Would be very interesting alright!
    On the Senderos thread someone has posted an article quoting robinho as saying he would be interested in Arsenal.

How can they offer Edu, he is a free agent?
    p.s. Torres would go for a lot more than 20 mill + Pires(who is at most worth 5 mill at this stage)

Don't take this as gospel - obviously not all of these deals are going to happen but here is the current state of play with Liverpool from what I've been told.

Goalkeepers - In
    Reina (Villareal) - a done deal

Goalkeepers - Out
    Dudek - has been offered to Feyenoord in part exchange for a striker
    Harrison - being released by club
    Luzi - being released by club

Defenders - In
    Alexis (Malaga) - an offer has been made
    Gallas (Chelsea) - Rumour that Barca are pulling the plug on the transfer, his agent has made contact with Liverpool.
    Miguel (Benfica) - enquiry made
    Milito (Real Zaragoza) - enquiry made. Zaragoza are trying to tie the player to a long term contract before Liverpool influence him
    Ramos (Sevilla) - very impressed with Liverpool winning the Champions League, his agent has been in contact to say the player would be interested in a move.

Defenders - Out
    Ostemobor - being released by club
    Traore - his agent is currently resurrecting a move to Everton
    Warnock - has been offered as a make weight in a couple of potential transfers. Also been subject of an enquiry from Everton.

Midfielders - In
    Angel (Malaga) - offer has been made
    Boamorte (Fulham) - An offer of £2M plus Warnock
    Figo (Real Madrid) - Due to interest from other clubs, Madrid now want money for the player. Player has told Benitez that Liverpool is his choice. There has also been contact from Bolton, Newcastle, Inter Milan and a couple of Japanese clubs.
    Galetti (Real Zaragoza) - enquiry made
    Gerard (Barcelona) - player has rejected Barca's contract offer and his agent has been in contact with Liverpool.
    Hargreaves (Bayern Munich) - Clubs haggling over player valuation, he's on a bosman next season
    Malbranque (Fulham) - An offer of £3M
    Prutton (Southampton) - enquiry made
    Rodriguez (Malaga) - done deal
    Wright-Philips (Man City) - Arsenal aren't biting and seem to think that Robinho is going to turn down Madrid for them. Liverpool have an offer of £10M plus Warnock on the table.

Midfielders - Out
    Biscan - Contract won't be renewed
    Cheyrou - Rafa doesn't care where he goes, has asked Houllier if he wants to take him to Lyon.
    Diao - told to find another club
    Diarra - Doesn't feature in Rafa's plans
    Partridge - being released by club
    Smicer - Has offers from several Premiership clubs (Aston Villa,Bolton,Everton,Newcastle). Berger has been asked by O'Leary to use his influence to nudge Vlad in the direction of Villa.
    Welsh - Been told he will never be more than a squad player at the club

Forwards - In
    Johnson (Crystal Palace) - Offer of £6M on the table, Crystal Palace chairman thinks the player is worth twice that.
    Kuyt (Feyenoord) - Offer of £6M plus Dudek has been made
    Crouch (Southampton) - an enquiry has been made

Forwards - Out
    Baros - Valencia looks to be a certainty now
    Diouf - Bolton are putting finances in place for a deal, might involve a player part exchange
    Mellor - Told to start looking for a new club
    Smyth - being released by club

Chelsea are reported to be on the verge of signing AC Milan's Georgian defender Kakha Kaladze who has confirmed he is leaving the Italian giants.

Kaladze has not been a regular for the club this season, and Gazzetta dello Sport says in Monday's edition that he is joining the English champions.

After Sunday's draw with Udinese, Kaladze said: "I'm disappointed to leave, but I need to play much more."

A second left back signing?
    Is bridges injury worse than thought?
    Is he not happy with second string, if so, good for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

bannor any truth in the rumours of Patrice Evra goin to the pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Bannor wrote:
    Traore - his agent is currently resurrecting a move to Everton

Please god... make it not happen :(

• Advertisement

I have heard that Riise looks certain to be the left back at the start of next season, Hargreaves is seen as a player who can fill in either fullback position when required - it doesn't mean that Evra isn't an option, I know his agent has been in contact with the club.

Please god... make it not happen :(

Lol, I'm asssuming you're an everton fan;)
    Bannor wrote:
    Mellor - Told to start looking for a new club

What happened to all that potential after his "intentional" wondergoal against Arsenal :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Gangsta wrote:
    Lol, I'm asssuming you're an everton fan;)
    yup.... hopefully this doesn't happen :eek:

I've heard that moyes is a fan of this eejit though :confused:

Catalan sources claim Manchester United are ready to join the race to try and prise Samuel Eto'o away from Barcelona.

Chelsea have had a long-standing interest in the African hit-man, but now United could try to beat their Premiership rivals to the Barca star.

Barca are not looking to sell Eto'o, but they are not completely shutting the door on any prospective deals that the English suitors may put to them.

The Blues are understood to be in the market for two strikers. Porto's Benni McCarthy is thought to be one name high on Jose Mourinho's wish list, but owner Roman Abramovich also wants a big name.

Andrei Shevchenko is believed to be out of their reach, which leaves Adriano and Eto'o. Internazionale are insistent they have no plans to let their prized Brazilian leave, although Chelsea are continuing to make enquiries.

However, Eto'o is a feasible option after he recently made noises about wanting a new bumper pay deal from Barca.

Chelsea want a straight cash deal and are willing to go up to £45 million, but Barca would only accept that if they could use the money elsewhere and their main target Thierry Henry continues to look entrenched at Arsenal.

William Gallas could be added to the deal to smooth things over, as could Hernan Crespo - according to some reports - but this is where it is claimed United hold the trump card in Ruud van Nistelrooy.

English newspaper reports claim the Dutchman is unhappy and that he is considering his Old Trafford future.

With this in mind, a number of Barcelona-based sources are claiming United have already offered their Dutch star in part-exchange for the free-scoring Eto'o.

Van Nistelrooy was very strongly linked to Barca only last year and the chance to link-up with Los Cules coach Frank Rijkaard is likely to be a major draw.

Sir Alex Ferguson knows United cannot live with Chelsea's financial power, but the chance to land one of Europe's most feared strikers - who is aged just 24 - looks too good an opportunity for the Scot not to try.

Eto'o has bagged 28 goals in his first season with Barca and admitted in recent days that you can never rule anything out in football when asked about his future.

Hmm, now theres a swap I'd consider.
    I think Eto would like a 4-3-3 more than Ruud does, although I'd still hate to loose Ruud :/

PHB wrote:
    Hmm, now theres a swap I'd consider.
    I think Eto would like a 4-3-3 more than Ruud does, although I'd still hate to loose Ruud :/
    I agree - i think Eto'o's pace and mobility would be a greater asset then ruuds, i reckon he would find interchanging positions with Rooney and ronaldo easier then ruud. Somehow i just do not see it happening though

As I posted in the Chelsea thread : RVN + £8M is the current offer from Man Utd which falls some way short of the €55M (~£37M) offer from Chelsea. Laporte reckons RVN is worth £15M so Man Utd will have to make up the difference.

Laporte is enjoying the day so far - Chelsea offered him €55M for a former Real player (Eto'o) and Man Utd have offered him a Real transfer target (RVN). Meanwhile Perez is waiting anxiously for a call from Chelsea, Laporte has been keeping him informed with regular updates.

The big name player that Abramovich will most likely end up with is Ronaldo of Real Madrid - I don't think Mourinho will be too happy with that but the tabloids will get plenty of headlines from his off-field antics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How on earth can Gerard play for pool unless Gerrard leaves!? Pity the team talks and match commentators...:p

Mike.

Am I biased as a United fan in thinking that Van Nist is worth at least 20mill, maybe 25?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

PHB wrote:
    Am I biased as a United fan in thinking that Van Nist is worth at least 20mill, maybe 25?

no, not biased, just crazy. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

PHB wrote:

And the rest.I really hope they dont offload him,although if rumours are right,he may want to leae anyway.

No matter how poor his last season was(mainly down to injury)he is still a player that is like gold dust,an out and out goal scorer.His strike rate speaks for itself.

I think Utd would be very unwise to instigate a move away from OT for him.

Paying money + van Nistelrooy for Eto would be a joke.A straight swap and I`d still be unhappy.

Eto would much rather suit the system Sir Alex wants to play so I think United should go for it.
    PHB wrote:

20million is fair after the season he'd had.

• Advertisement
Advertisement