Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

****New Transfer Rumours and Signings****

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

With RVN's record in the CL alone this would be a poor move, understandable un ited need sucess in the prem lg, but surely if RVN can get back to his best he will be banging them in, in the lg aswell as the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

PHB wrote:
    Am I biased as a United fan in thinking that Van Nist is worth at least 20mill, maybe 25?

He's getting on a bit (still in his prime) , so soon enough he's going to depreciate like a 4 seater sports car .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Bannor
    Do you know anything about this player?Miguel Roque

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭talla

How would people feel about unstickying this thread and creating a new thread for this years rumours/signings? Will see if i can move some of the more recent rumours over to the new thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

makes sense - i assume it would not be much an issue to split the topic if required?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

talla wrote:
    How would people feel about unstickying this thread and creating a new thread for this years rumours/signings? Will see if i can move some of the more recent rumours over to the new thread.
    Yea probably a good idea talla, although I enjoyed seeing the high post and read numbers for a thread I started :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

seabee wrote:
    Bannor
    Do you know anything about this player?Miguel Roque
    He's a 16 year old defender/midfielder. Real and Barca have spent the past year buttering his parents up - hoping to get him in to their respective academies so that he would be considered a 'homegrown' player under the UEFA ruling. By getting to the Champions League final and beating Milan, Liverpool is now seen as a club where Spanish players can succeed and there are quite a few players seeking the opportunity to do so - Rafa and Pako are hoping to cherry pick the upcoming talent for the academy. They had been tracking his progress while at Valencia and are now striking while the proverbial iron is hot. The player will be in the academy and under age teams for three years and so become a 'homegrown' player.

They are not happy with the standard of players at the academy. Neither was Houllier, he clashed with Steve Heighway several times over the poor quality players that were coming through. Moores stayed loyal to Heighway because of Fowler, McManaman, Owen and Gerrard. One of the things that undermined Houllier was his clashes with Heighway over not developing foreign youth players at the academy - it was envisaged that Houllier would take over the role of Academy Director when he stepped down as manager, but members of the board were afraid that he would only bring in foreign youngsters and the local connection would be lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭talla

Thread split, moved most recent posts over into this thread. Original thread closed.

yom 1 wrote:
    bannor any truth in the rumours of Patrice Evra goin to the pool
    I've asked about this ...

Last month Monaco contacted Liverpool about the availability of two players Cheyrou and Diarra. Liverpool said they were both available and asked about Evra - no further developments between the clubs but the player's agent was in contact to say he would be interested in a move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

Bannor wrote:
    Don't take this as gospel - obviously not all of these deals are going to happen but here is the current state of play with Liverpool from what I've been told.

Goalkeepers - In
    Reina (Villareal) - a done deal

Goalkeepers - Out
    Dudek - has been offered to Feyenoord in part exchange for a striker
    Harrison - being released by club
    Luzi - being released by club

Defenders - In
    Alexis (Malaga) - an offer has been made
    Gallas (Chelsea) - Rumour that Barca are pulling the plug on the transfer, his agent has made contact with Liverpool.
    Miguel (Benfica) - enquiry made
    Milito (Real Zaragoza) - enquiry made. Zaragoza are trying to tie the player to a long term contract before Liverpool influence him
    Ramos (Sevilla) - very impressed with Liverpool winning the Champions League, his agent has been in contact to say the player would be interested in a move.

Defenders - Out
    Ostemobor - being released by club
    Traore - his agent is currently resurrecting a move to Everton
    Warnock - has been offered as a make weight in a couple of potential transfers. Also been subject of an enquiry from Everton.

Midfielders - In
    Angel (Malaga) - offer has been made
    Boamorte (Fulham) - An offer of £2M plus Warnock
    Figo (Real Madrid) - Due to interest from other clubs, Madrid now want money for the player. Player has told Benitez that Liverpool is his choice. There has also been contact from Bolton, Newcastle, Inter Milan and a couple of Japanese clubs.
    Galetti (Real Zaragoza) - enquiry made
    Gerard (Barcelona) - player has rejected Barca's contract offer and his agent has been in contact with Liverpool.
    Hargreaves (Bayern Munich) - Clubs haggling over player valuation, he's on a bosman next season
    Malbranque (Fulham) - An offer of £3M
    Prutton (Southampton) - enquiry made
    Rodriguez (Malaga) - done deal
    Wright-Philips (Man City) - Arsenal aren't biting and seem to think that Robinho is going to turn down Madrid for them. Liverpool have an offer of £10M plus Warnock on the table.

Midfielders - Out
    Biscan - Contract won't be renewed
    Cheyrou - Rafa doesn't care where he goes, has asked Houllier if he wants to take him to Lyon.
    Diao - told to find another club
    Diarra - Doesn't feature in Rafa's plans
    Partridge - being released by club
    Smicer - Has offers from several Premiership clubs (Aston Villa,Bolton,Everton,Newcastle). Berger has been asked by O'Leary to use his influence to nudge Vlad in the direction of Villa.
    Welsh - Been told he will never be more than a squad player at the club

Forwards - In
    Johnson (Crystal Palace) - Offer of £6M on the table, Crystal Palace chairman thinks the player is worth twice that.
    Kuyt (Feyenoord) - Offer of £6M plus Dudek has been made
    Crouch (Southampton) - an enquiry has been made

Forwards - Out
    Baros - Valencia looks to be a certainty now
    Diouf - Bolton are putting finances in place for a deal, might involve a player part exchange
    Mellor - Told to start looking for a new club
    Smyth - being released by club

Mate u can't just plagiarise someone elses work from another website and pass it offa s your own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Wheres it coming from ianomccabe ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Scott Parker might be going to Newcastle.

bazH wrote:
    Wheres it coming from ianomccabe ?

It comes from the insider board on koptalk.com

Was posted a few days before it was posted here. Cant provide a link as its a subscription website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

van der vaart has signed for hamburg so no chance of seeing him in the prem next year :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

ianomccabe wrote:
    It comes from the insider board on koptalk.com

Was posted a few days before it was posted here. Cant provide a link as its a subscription website
    That exact post was? Do a search of Bannor's posts mate.

yeah that exact post was word for word. even the "dont take this as gospel bit at the start"
    its obious he just lifted it as its from one of the posters in koptalk who provides transfer info

Absolute bullsh!t - I'm not even subscribed to any such website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

ianomccabe wrote:
    yeah that exact post was word for word. even the "dont take this as gospel bit at the start"
    its obious he just lifted it as its from one of the posters in koptalk who provides transfer info

has his other posts been the excact same as bannors? cos infairness bannor info before that has been extremely accurate.

i dont know about his other posts but i just know that that same post word for word appeared on koptalk insider forum before it was posted here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Crouch is undoubtedly the most underrated player in the premiership.

Proposition 24: Crouch to Liverpool

Well I'm quite happy for him to be th emost underrated player in the championship.

Vote No On 24!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

yeah fair enough. I'm not here to be bitchy. Couldnt really be arsed whos postin where to be honest. Keep them comin Bannor

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Bannor it was also on the liverpoolfc.tv forum a few days ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Spurs signed Staltien for Werder Bremen. And Arran Lennon from Leeds.

*Edit: Take with pinch of salt!!

ianomccabe wrote:
    i dont know about his other posts but i just know that that same post word for word appeared on koptalk insider forum before it was posted here
    No f*cking way is that possible.

• Advertisement

mayordenis wrote:
    Bannor it was also on the liverpoolfc.tv forum a few days ago
    I'd like to see a link to it please if possible - I only post info here and I sure don't copy and paste it from other private forums.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

http://forums.liverpoolfc.tv/Forum15/HTML/021526.html

i don't appreciate the insinuation that i am a liar.

mayordenis wrote:

well that was posted AFTER bannoer posted his list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Bannor is a god and is not a thief. Leave him and his posts alone. He could just **** off and not give anything...i will be going to cali tmro for four months, and every few days i'm checking this forum just for his posts.

mayordenis wrote:

I never suggested you were - I'm the one who has been accused of plagiarising word for word somebody else's post on a forum I don't have access to. All I've asked for is to see the evidence and you've just shown me what somebody else has done with my post from here.

• Advertisement

ianomccabe : could you post a screen grab of the post on the other forum you're subscribed to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Bannor wrote:
    I've asked about this ...

Last month Monaco contacted Liverpool about the availability of two players Cheyrou and Diarra. Liverpool said they were both available and asked about Evra - no further developments between the clubs but the player's agent was in contact to say he would be interested in a move.

I would be quite happy to see 2 piss poor players traded in for a decent one

cheers Bannor - Keep em coming

ps: down with questioning Bannor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Bannor, whats the latest on Man u's goalkeeper search??

and if you know - what the hell, if anything, is Glazer doing at united? has there been much involvement of the Glazers yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

UTV teletext are claiming an exclusive that Zenden is in talks with liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

Bannor i seen it aswell on anfield road site and its virtually identical to what you posted , even the way its broken up and i seen it on newsnow web site aswell they would be a google for all news articals i reckon thats where you got it from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

tel922001 wrote:
    Bannor i seen it aswell on anfield road site and its virtually identical to what you posted , even the way its broken up and i seen it on newsnow web site aswell they would be a google for all news articals i reckon thats where you got it from
    I've searched the Anfield Road site for Ramos (as I felt there wouldn't be much news on him) and the only results returned were 2 Spain squads. Maybe it was posted on the forum? Actually, the forum doesn't seem to exist.

I have also looked on the NewsNow site and this was put up at 14.35 on the 30th of May (a few hours after Bannors post):
    http://www.thisisanfield.com/columnists0405.php?id=00000127

The link posted earlier in the thread is clearly a copy of Bannors as Bannor said last month that Gallas and Ezquerro had agreed to join Barca and they would sign next month. Ezquerro signed but he has now said in his post that Barca are pulling the plug on the Gallas transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

In fairness guys, its equally likely that Bannor's source is not the only translator that talks to people outside of work, and its quite likely that the same message could have appeared a multitude of times in different ways. Just be glad we have this up-front information instead of bickering about where it came from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

exactly.. hold me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

exactly.. hold me..

Will you quit with the 'hold me' requests... you're freaking me out...

Hail to the Bannor...

Any Everton news there Bannor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

Jankulovski officially signed for AC Milan the other day. He should strengthen the midfield/defense.
    FORZA MILAN!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

But the real surprise in Benitez's early planning for next season is the prospect of Traore being offered a new four-year deal.

Traore has improved considerably under Benitez's guidance and his height and pace have made him a key part of Liverpool's defence, being able to play-full back or central defence.

He played in both roles during the Champions League Final triumph over AC Milan.

Frenchman Traore almost joined Everton last summer, only for Benitez to pull the plug on the deal at the last moment.

The Goodison Park club have again been linked with the 25-year-old from Laval, who has one year left on his current Anfield deal.

But Benitez has confidence in the defender, who said after the Istanbul final that he "wanted to stay at the club for life''.

A new four-year deal, taking in the one year left on the current contract, will keep him at Liverpool until he is 29.

http://www.football365.com/teams/liverpool/story_153907.shtml

Thank god for that. I was getting worried that Moyes would sign him ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Wheres Bannor ???

Hope those muppets have'nt p1ss3d him off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Kevin Doyle (Cork City) has gone on a medical to Reading with a move worth at least 100k on the cards.

100k is an absolute bargain, as people who have seen him play will testify to. Probable future international.

Manchester United are being linked witha £3million move for Ji-Sung Park of PSV -it would get my thumbs up for both on and off field improvements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Bannor wrote:
    Gerard (Barcelona) - player has rejected Barca's contract offer and his agent has been in contact with Liverpool.

He has agreed to join Monaco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Kevin Doyle (Cork City) has gone on a medical to Reading with a move worth at least 100k on the cards.

100k is an absolute bargain, as people who have seen him play will testify to. Probable future international.

100K was a contract clause. There's no need for Reading to pay any more than that, unless they're thick, CCFC had to accept 100K AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

kleberson & p.neville could both be on their way out. around 1.5m to benfica and 2.5m to wigan respectively.

thats a bloody joke - no point selling either for the type of money - bringing in even one player of enough quality would cost 3 times the combined fee at least!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Thought they would have got more for kleberson. that world cup winner trademark must be wearing thin.

Advertisement