Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

****New Transfer Rumours and Signings****

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

Ian that post on the insider was posted after Bannor posted here, it was lifted from here, I actually was laughing when I read it as I had read Bannor's one already. In fairness the guy who posted it on the insider said he had come accross the information on another website, so he did'nt claim the information was his own.

So Bannor don't mind the detractors keep the info coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ruud van Nistelrooy has shot down speculation that suggested he wants to leave Manchester United.

Some mischevious tabloid reports claimed the Dutch striker told Sir Alex Ferguson he was keen to quit Old Trafford after a disappointing season, with a sensational swap deal with Michael Owen of Real Madrid in the pipeline.

However, the former PSV Eindhoven attacker has moved to quash the rumours.

"There is no question I want to stay," emphasised van Nistelrooy.

"I'm committed to United and that is where I want to be and where I will be.

"It's the most important thing for me.

"For me, it was a season of injuries. I only played 27 games but I scored 16 goals and, if you look at it like that, it's not too bad.

"But at clubs like United you are pushed to do an impossible number of games and, for a player, it is becoming physically impossible without rest.

"Overall, it wasn't my best season and everyone knows that. I know that myself.

"I was rushed back too quickly and now I am struggling and it is a bit of a disappointment."

Van Nistelrooy is due to feature in Holland's double-header with Romania and Finland but is already looking ahead to next Premiership campaign.

"Next season will be different," he warned. "Especially with the squad we have."

YAYYAYAYYAY!!!!
    Happy times :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Ian that post on the insider was posted after Bannor posted here, it was lifted from here, I actually was laughing when I read it as I had read Bannor's one already. In fairness the guy who posted it on the insider said he had come accross the information on another website, so he did'nt claim the information was his own.

So Bannor don't mind the detractors keep the info coming!

In other words, the original person who posted the "link" is unable to read the time or jusmped the gun and is too proud to admit he done so.. Great..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

mayordenis wrote:
    Bannor it was also on the liverpoolfc.tv forum a few days ago
    Bannor posted it at 9.51 in the morning, it was posted on liverpoolfc.tv in the afternoon that day
    Bannor think your posts are being copied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I have been reading Bannor's posts for the last year or so. I must admit initially I was very wary of the way that other members held him in such high regard and I privately suspected he was getting info from somewhere else on the net. However I soon changed my mind when so much of what he said turned out to be true. Love reading his insightful posts and he is the only member whose posts I regularly search for. Keep it up, Bannor!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Now back on topic - Valencia have gone and bought Patrick Kluivert. Which suggests they dont want Baros, but it seems Houllier might be interested.

Mike.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Any news of Cole moving Bannor? I'd take 50p and a packet of tayto for him at the mo!

Utd would take him :)
    He'd be a great addition, push Heinze into the middle.
    After all this ****e, I'm sure you'd get him for maybe 10 mil :)

Papers all full of Raul going to Liverpool. Can't see it myself.

With all the talk lately of Robinho's move to Real being in jeopardy I saw this this morning in l'equipe.

Robinho already a Madridian?
    It is an open secret which is finally on its way to being revealed. Robinho, the new small wonder of Brazilian football, will wear the colours of Real Madrid next year. This is in any case what his compatriot Roberto Carlos announced in an interview. The Brazilian defender declared: "After the holidays, I will return home where a room is already being prepared for Robinho. It's to do with alleviating his departure and helping him with his arrival. I will then find an apartment." At 20 years of age, the striker of Santos is predicted to be the future big star of world football, and all the large European clubs are pursuing his services. The presence of Ronaldo and Luxemburgo in Madrid undoubtedly influenced his choice to join the Spanish capital. The abduction of his mother three months ago had pushed back the announcement of the transfer but it is now imminent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

In other words, the original person who posted the "link" is unable to read the time or jusmped the gun and is too proud to admit he done so.. Great..

sorry i've been in liverpool the past few days, only gettin back now. can't find the link on the insider to be honest anymore.

To answer the questions, yes i can read the time and if the post did say that it had been lifted from elsewhere which i dont remember seeing, then i do hold my hand up and apologise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

SkySports wrote:
    Edwin van dar Sar is reported to be once again at the top of Sir Alex Ferguson's goalkeeping wanted list following a glowing reference from Peter Schmeichel.

The Manchester United chief has struggled with his goalkeepers since the departure of Schmeichel in 1999 and he has now turned to the Dane for some advice.

Paul Robinson, Gianluigi Buffon, Antti Niemi and Shay Given have all been linked in recent weeks, and reports now claim Ferguson wants van der Sar - a man he tried to sign to replace Schmeichel six years ago.

Schmeichel is understood to have given his recommendations to Sir Alex which include van der Sar, as well as Brad Friedel and Rennes' Andreas Isaksson who are also said to have been put forward by the Dane as potential Old Trafford number ones.

"We have had a conversation about keepers," said Schmeichel.

"When he signed Tim Howard, Sir Alex thought he had the one.

"With United you are playing for a team that has possession all the time and creates a lot chances, it's difficult because most keepers like to be in the game."

Van der Sar, like Friedel, is 34 and he is reported to have been preferred to his Blackburn counterpart as he is in better condition physically and the American is happy with life at Ewood Park.

Isaksson, Petr Cech's replacement at Rennes, is rated by many as highly as the Czech who has starred at Chelsea - but Ferguson may not be willing to take a chance on the Swede who is ten years van der Sar's junior.

Van der Sar only signed a new two-year deal at Craven Cottage in January, but should The Red Devils come calling then the West London side are unlikely to stand in his way.
    I would've expected them to go after a younger keeper...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cianan2 wrote:
    I would've expected them to go after a younger keeper...
    Fee has been agreed now. I suppose they hope howard could still prove to be a viable long term number 1. Also, they signed that young german keeper (16) who is rated as the very best keeper in his age bracket in the world - 2/3 years time and he COULD POSSIBLY be challenging for the first team spot

Above deal done subject to personal terms.

Mike.

So, is that positive for Utd, now? Whats the view of the Man u fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Bannor wrote:
    Goalkeepers - Out
    Dudek - has been offered to Feyenoord in part exchange for a striker
    Harrison - being released by club
    Luzi - being released by club

Defenders - Out
    Ostemobor - being released by club
    Traore - his agent is currently resurrecting a move to Everton
    Warnock - has been offered as a make weight in a couple of potential transfers. Also been subject of an enquiry from Everton.

Midfielders - Out
    Biscan - Contract won't be renewed
    Cheyrou - Rafa doesn't care where he goes, has asked Houllier if he wants to take him to Lyon.
    Diao - told to find another club
    Diarra - Doesn't feature in Rafa's plans
    Partridge - being released by club
    Smicer - Has offers from several Premiership clubs (Aston Villa,Bolton,Everton,Newcastle). Berger has been asked by O'Leary to use his influence to nudge Vlad in the direction of Villa.

Welsh - Been told he will never be more than a squad player at the club

Forwards - Out
    Baros - Valencia looks to be a certainty now
    Diouf - Bolton are putting finances in place for a deal, might involve a player part exchange
    Mellor - Told to start looking for a new club
    Smyth - being released by club
    Bannor's been correct about all the players marked in bold so far. The only players he's been wrong about are Biscan and Traore which he obviously wasn't to know since they earned new contracts thanks to the Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

As a Liverpool fan, I really enjoy reading Bannor's speculation - though obviously you have to treat it as that (speculation). I wouldnt give any credit to the bits about the players being released, as that was all in the public arena anyway (Bannor was just including them for completeness.)

This is something I kept that Bannor posted back in Feb, when speculating about what might happen this summer - as you will see, a lot has changed since then!:
    Chelsea, Madrid, Milan and Barca have all shown interest in Gerrard. Liverpool value Baros at 20m - Barca have offered Saviola + 10m, but Benitez isnt a fan of Saviola.

Benitez is happy with Kirkland, Carra, Alonso, Morientes and maybe Garcia - other than that he's looking for a new team.

Right back
    Daniel Alves (Sevilla) there's an offer of €12M on the table for him. Real are now interested so the price has been raised to €15M.

Centre back
    Ledley King/William Gallas. Enquiries were already made for King earlier in the season with a view to a move in the summer. No price was agreed but Tottenham have since said they will listen to offers of over £10M for the player. Benitez likes Gallas's versatility and his agent says he's not happy with the situation at Chelsea.

Left back
    Wayne Bridge. Rafa has become a fan - Mourinho isnt.

Right Winger
    Unknown - enquiries were made about Shaun Wright-Phillips but City quoted a ridiculous price. After Liverpool withdrew the offer for Anelka they were told they could talk to SWP and the clubs would discuss a fee if the player agreed a contract. SWP said he's holding out for a move to Arsenal (he's a big fan) in the summer/next year. Crystal Palace said yes to an offer of £2.5M for Wayne Routledge in January, the player said he wanted to stay in London and was in talks with Tottenham. Pennant was offered to Liverpool in January for £1M but Rafa said no. Benitez will probably settle for Garcia.

Centre midfield
    Bayern have been approached about Hargreaves - the asking price is €6M. Benitez was hoping to offer Hamann (who now looks like he may sign a pre-contract agreement with Hamburg this week) but Bayern weren't interested. Scott Parker has been recommended if Gerrard goes to Chelsea. Benitez has watched videos of his performances for Charlton and is impressed. Gerard of Barcelona is an option on a bosman in the summer.

Left Winger
    Real Madrid's Solari was offered a pre-contract in January but he decided to stay at Madrid after getting the offer of a bigger contract. Parry has been instructed to make Damien Duff part of any deal with Chelsea for Gerrard.

Supporting Striker
    In January Bellamy was offered on loan to Liverpool with an option to buy for £5m in the summer. Benitez said No Way. Pablo Aimar's agent has told Liverpool to agree a fee with Valencia and Pablo will be in a Liverpool shirt in a heart beat. The agent reckons Valencia will accept €10-12M for the player.

I think Bannor is the Anfield tea-lady. They know everything! :D

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

Reds at front of Upson queue

European kings Liverpool appear most likely to edge out Newcastle and Middlesbrough in the race for Birmingham defender Matthew Upson.

Upson's agent Barry Nevill has put the cat among the pigeons at St Andrews by breaking off talks over a new five-year contract for the 26-year-old and saying "Matt does need to be playing European football with his club side if he is to make any headway internationally".

Upson is desperate to be involved in England's World Cup 2006 campaign in Germany - but is way down the pecking order at the moment, with John Terry, Rio Ferdinand, Sol Campbell, Wes Brown, Zat Knight and Ledley King ahead of him in Sven-Goran Eriksson's plans.

The revelation that Upson will 'consider his options' this summer has alerted a number of Premiership clubs.

But Liverpool appear to be ahead of rival suitors Boro and Newcastle as they are pushing hard to be in next season's Champions League - but more importantly offer the best chance of first-team football.

Jamie Carragher is first-choice centre-back at Anfield - but the January transfer window arrival of Mauricio Pellgrino from Valencia shows Reds boss Rafael Benitez has doubts over the ageing Sam Hyypia, whose pace has been found wanting at the highest level in recent times.

Upson could forge a solid all-English partnership with Carragher, whereas Titus Bramble and Jean Alain Boumsong are established at St James' Park, and Gareth Southgate is regularly chosen in tandem with Ugo Ehiogu or Chris Riggott when all are fully fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

tel922001 wrote:

Upson is desperate to be involved in England's World Cup 2006 campaign in Germany - but is way down the pecking order at the moment, with John Terry, Rio Ferdinand, Sol Campbell, Wes Brown, Zat Knight and Ledley King ahead of him in Sven-Goran Eriksson's plans.

can't believe Carragher didn't even get a mention :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Liverpool have had bids for Luque and Crouch turned down, but they are not dead as increased offers may be accepted!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/4072284.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/4072084.stm

At Liverpool I have friends like Luis Garcia and goalkeeper Jose Reina, who will arrive soon.

:o

So Dudek is a goner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

NOOOOOOOOO not Crouch .... please god noooooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I really dont want crouch..step in the wrong direction. We already have Morientes who's great in the air and a hell of a lot classier. And Crouch is some ugly b*stard.

Luque on the other hand is def a great player but could see him being pushed off the ball very easily, one of the most feminine players ever seen. (ever watch him run?!). Definately has class though so could well prove me very wrong.

Upson gets my thumbs up. Him or Milito would be great.

IMO Need; Center back, Left back, Winger, Striker.

Was quite aversed to the idea of Zenden at first, but in fairness would make a perfect squad player as can fill in practically anywhere, and is on a free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

ianomccabe wrote:
    sorry i've been in liverpool the past few days, only gettin back now. can't find the link on the insider to be honest anymore.

To answer the questions, yes i can read the time and if the post did say that it had been lifted from elsewhere which i dont remember seeing, then i do hold my hand up and apologise

Thats fair enough. Seems it has chased Bannor off again though. It happened once or twice before I think. Supppose it was an innocent mistake though.

According to KopTalk (i know not the most reliable) Liverpool are willing to offer the £7million Southampton want for Crouch! NooooOOOOOOOOO!

Surely he cant be worth 7 million! He was only 2 a year ago! Michael Owen was only 8, and came with nunez which is practically a minus given that we have to pay his wages for practially no return!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Southampton have rejected an offer from a Premiership club for Crouch and have denied any interest in Teddy Sheringham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Nihat goes to Moscow.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/transfernews.asp?type=article&id=283217

Another very high profile capture for the Russian league. Whats going on over there :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Nihat goes to Moscow.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/transfernews.asp?type=article&id=283217

Another very high profile capture for the Russian league. Whats going on over there :confused:

Yeah its odd alright. I think Russian clubs could be quite a force in the champions league in a few years.

• Advertisement

massive amounts of cash in russia with CSKA being (unofficially) backed by roman abramovic and Dynamo Moscow being backed by one of Romans equally loaded mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.dor?STORY_NAME=soccer/05/06/09/manual_101651.html

Kirkland to West Brom.....

West Brom boss Bryan Robson looks set to bring in Liverpool's out-of favour goalkeeper Chris Kirkland on a season-long loan.

Kirkland faces competition at Anfield from Jerzy Dudek and Scott Carson and with Jose Reina is set to make a switch from Villarreal his prospects look bleak.

According to the Daily Express the Baggies manager plans to give the former England Under-21 stopper the chance to resurrect his career at The Hawthorns and Kirkland may be tempted by the lure of first team football, particuarly with next year's World Cup looming.

Paul Robinson, David James, Robert Green, Scott Carson and Kirkland will all have their eyes on the England number one jersey and the 24-year-old knows that a regular Premiership place is the only way to prove himself to manager Sven-Goran Eriksson.

Kirkland arrived Anfield from Coventry four years ago for a fee of £6million but has struggled with injury since.

What will happen to young Murphy if this happens........

yom 1 wrote:
    can't believe Carragher didn't even get a mention :eek:
    or woodgate, who imo could be first choice alongside terry by then
    And on the liverpool strikers, who thinks Dirt Kuyt would be a much better buy than Crouch?

dcarroll wrote:
    And on the liverpool strikers, who thinks Dirt Kuyt would be a much better buy than Crouch?

He's got 25 goals from 34 games, which is a pretty good return, but at the same time im a bit dubious at the moment on strikers from the eradivisie (sp?) having seen Kezman be so amazingly good there and so ineffective here. Does seem to have the build to cope in the premiership though, big tough guy. Im gonna try and step back from my Crouch bashing tho, and put my faith in the manager to do the right thing, if he wants him he must have a purpose for him.. ach but he's soo ugly and gangly!!

~Rebel~ wrote:
    He's got 25 goals from 34 games, which is a pretty good return, but at the same time im a bit dubious at the moment on strikers from the eradivisie (sp?) having seen Kezman be so amazingly good there and so ineffective here. Does seem to have the build to cope in the premiership though, big tough guy. Im gonna try and step back from my Crouch bashing tho, and put my faith in the manager to do the right thing, if he wants him he must have a purpose for him.. ach but he's soo ugly and gangly!!
    think some van nistelrooy chap might have come from there too though, and Robin van Persie.
    Kezman will play well for someone next year, it just won't be chelsea, they never put faith in him, signing drogba as well

Ronaldo, Romario and Gudjonson also played for PSV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Had an argument about Crouch with someone last night ... He convinced me of some merits to the proposed signing .. Crouch wins nearly everything knocked up to him, he is a good target man and would possibly be good as a super sub or in combination with the speed of cisse ... I still have my doubts but will also put a little faith in the magic man , rafa ....

the more i think about it the more it makes sense actually, he's the perfect man to have when things aren't going our way on a rainy saturday morning at sunderland or something. Think Rafa is thinking purely on the premiership, to have another option to just lash it up to if needs be. But on the other hand, hes so ugly and gangly!! Wonder will many people be wearing Crouch jersey's if he does move?

Tauren wrote:
    Ronaldo, Romario and Gudjonson also played for PSV.

Oh im not creticising him or the league, just saying its not a guarantee that he'd be just as good here. Personally i actually DO want them to sign him if they can, i think he'd be well suited. PSV are an absolutely amazing club for unearthing talent, especially strikers, and bringing them along. Freddie Adu was strongly linked with them for a while (stopped hearing about it a bit) because of his dutch girlfriend too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

~Rebel~ wrote:
    the more i think about it the more it makes sense actually, he's the perfect man to have when things aren't going our way on a rainy saturday morning at sunderland or something. Think Rafa is thinking purely on the premiership, to have another option to just lash it up to if needs be. But on the other hand, hes so ugly and gangly!! Wonder will many people be wearing Crouch jersey's if he does move?

7mil for a sub? seems stupid to me. If rafa has plans for him as a regular grand, otherwise spend the money else where.

PErsonnally i would like to see it being spent on andy johnson.

Kezman is a quality player, and I would happily, happily take him on at United.
    He has had a rough time at Chelsea, but he broke Van Nist's scoring records in Holland, and he has got some serious game. He however hasn't had a proper run in the Chelsea squad yet, and if he signs for another club, the other club are going to be in heaven

• Advertisement

I agree, Kezman is a quality player-seen some clips of him for PSV, great finisher tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Cianan2 wrote:
    I agree, Kezman is a quality player-seen some clips of him for PSV, great finisher tbh.
    Here's a 6+ minute goal compilation from the 02/03 season:
    http://psvworld.nl/dl_wmv.php?file=/compilatie_kezman.wmv

Judging by that comp he seems a complete out and out goal scorer. The way Mourinho plays him you'd mistake him for a second striker (ie. Rooney). If you're the star of a team that contains Robben and van Bommel among others you must be something special.

love to see him at pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

any use? heard his scoring record is excellent. what sort of striker is he?

~Rebel~ wrote:
    According to KopTalk (i know not the most reliable) Liverpool are willing to offer the £7million Southampton want for Crouch! NooooOOOOOOOOO!
    When Riquelme, Forsell and Costinha have recently been sold for a combined total of £9m it really makes you think...

who signed riqueleme? he was excellent against brazil from what i saw i nthe first half.. So was saviola.

who signed riqueleme?
    Villareal deal made permanent. Thats what google is for. :) Type Riquelme in and there's your answer. I had a load of Celtic fans getting there hopes up with THIS LINK. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I'm glad that Riquelme is staying at Villarreal, as he has been there key player. They will be strong in the champions league next season.

Thanks eirebhoy, lookin forward to this(kezman comp!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement