Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

****New Transfer Rumours and Signings****

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Kezman always had potential but the amazing thing is since August he still hasn't learned how to control the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Bobby Laurent should be on his way to Bolton for £2 million supposedly. If anyone can get the best out of Robert, it'll be Allardyce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭tel922001

liverpool have offered West Ham £3m for rio ferdinand little brother

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

[speculation]
    Chelsea to gazump Real for Robinho but will loan him to PSV for a year. They're also expected to stake their claim on Alex, though possibly not until January. Parker was proposed in a swap deal, to fill the gap made by van Bommel's departure, but he didn't want to play in Holland.
    [/speculation]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Kevin Kuranyi has joined Schalke tonight. Undisclosed fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Owen admission over Real future

The truth behind the story ... Owen's agent got caught with his pants down. He's been touting the player to Liverpool and Arsenal since before Christmas, there were no takers so he went further a field the week before last and offered the player to Inter Milan. What he didn't know was that Real were in talks with Inter about Adriano, the agent spun the story that Owen is unsettled at the club and feels that he would be better suited to the game in Italy, yadda, yadda, yadda. Afterwards the Inter club president, Massimo Moratti, contacted Perez and asked for the unsettled striker to be included in the deal. Perez thought he was talking about Raul and said that Raul had no interest in leaving Spain - Owen has been very diplomatic with the club saying he's happy etc. much like his carry on with Liverpool so it came as some surprise to Perez when Moratti spilled the beans. Perez was furious after the phone call and told the agent that Owen can leave for €25M, €20M if he asks for a transfer. The agent has since been scurrying to find a new club for the player. Arsenal have made an offer of €15M, Real are likely to leave it on the table and wait for a better offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

welcome back bannor. Good to read your posts again.

Any news on Man yoo and the possibility of Owen going there??

• Advertisement

http://www.ananova.com/sport/soccer/story/sm_854649.html?menu=sport.football

i think they area little late with this headline, found this on newsnow football, this website updates every 5 min from hundreds of sources around the world , but this english company seems to be about a yr behind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

[wild and unsubstantiated]Gerrard to Real with Raul and c. 15m coming the other way[/wild and unsubstantiated]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

tel922001 wrote:

i think they area little late with this headline, found this on newsnow football, this website updates every 5 min from hundreds of sources around the world , but this english company seems to be about a yr behind
    It happens occasionally with NewsNow. Not sure what causes it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Bannor wrote:
    Owen admission over Real future

The truth behind the story ... Owen's agent got caught with his pants down. He's been touting the player to Liverpool and Arsenal since before Christmas, there were no takers so he went further a field the week before last and offered the player to Inter Milan. What he didn't know was that Real were in talks with Inter about Adriano, the agent spun the story that Owen is unsettled at the club and feels that he would be better suited to the game in Italy, yadda, yadda, yadda. Afterwards the Inter club president, Massimo Moratti, contacted Perez and asked for the unsettled striker to be included in the deal. Perez thought he was talking about Raul and said that Raul had no interest in leaving Spain - Owen has been very diplomatic with the club saying he's happy etc. much like his carry on with Liverpool so it came as some surprise to Perez when Moratti spilled the beans. Perez was furious after the phone call and told the agent that Owen can leave for €25M, €20M if he asks for a transfer. The agent has since been scurrying to find a new club for the player. Arsenal have made an offer of €15M, Real are likely to leave it on the table and wait for a better offer.
    Interesting. Wouldn't say no to Mickey O for €15m, €20m is too steep though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

tel922001 wrote:

Yeah, apparantly Liverpool are after some PSV striker called Kezman, and ALan Smith of Leeds. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Spurs get Aaron Lennon

I didn't see any Championship footy last season, so can anyone confirm for me...this guy is promising, yes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Stekelly wrote:
    Yeah, apparantly Liverpool are after some PSV striker called Kezman, and ALan Smith of Leeds. :)
    I think smith will go to Man United and i have heard Chelsea are going to get Kezman - and pair him with Drogba up front. they could be the best stikeforce in the premiership...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Tauren wrote:
    I think smith will go to Man United and i have heard Chelsea are going to get Kezman - and pair him with Drogba up front. they could be the best stikeforce in the premiership...

**** you even got that wrong ;) do know anything at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Spurs get Aaron Lennon

I didn't see any Championship footy last season, so can anyone confirm for me...this guy is promising, yes?
    Said this back on about page 7...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Parker's press conference is on SSN.

**** you even got that wrong ;) do know anything at all?
    Nope! :D

• Advertisement

Cianan2 wrote:
    Said this back on about page 7...

Yeah, you also said "take with a pinch if salt" to qualify it... ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2836174&postcount=125

Yeah, you also said "take with a pinch if salt" to qualify it... ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2836174&postcount=125
    Well, i was unsure at the time. But then it happened! Woo, i got one right,finally :D

Cianan2 wrote:
    Well, i was unsure at the time. But then it happened! Woo, i got one right,finally :D

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day... ;)

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Liverpool emerge as key players in Essien race

Liverpool have emerged as major players for Lyon midfielder Mickael Essien.

The Ghana international's agent has admitted he wouldn't rule out a move to the European champions, which have expressed interest in the African.

Chelsea have had a bid for the 22-year-old turned down, while Manchester United are understood to have been put off by the French club's £14 million valuation.

If Liverpool pursue their interest, they could use Milan Baros, the Czech Republic striker, as a makeweight in any deal.

Baros is valued at £7 million by Reds boss Rafa Benitez, who has more than enough spending money to make up the shortfall in Essien's asking price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

If Chelsea want a player, they will get a player.
    Its that simple.

Lyon might say, hey we want 7 million + Drobga, to which Chelsea will say, hey hows 40 million sound, Lyon says, not too shabby.

I think the real dealings for the top players will happen once Barca Real and Chelsea make their moves, then the other clubs will step in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

PHB wrote:
    Its that simple.

Lyon might say, hey we want 7 million + Drobga, to which Chelsea will say, hey hows 40 million sound, Lyon says, not too shabby.

I think the real dealings for the top players will happen once Barca Real and Chelsea make their moves, then the other clubs will step in
    Not neccessarily if the club selling wants something that the "big" clubs dont have (i.e. Baros), Houllier has stated interest in this player.

Now I dont believe the rumour, nor do I want it to be true but there is a lot more variables to do with where a player goes than whether the clubs you menioned want him.

I understand that, but Baros is wanted because he is on the cheap and a fairly decent striker.
    However if you gave Lyon the choice between:

7 mill + Baros

or

40 million

They'd take the 40 million.

If Chelsea really want a player, nobody can compete

• Advertisement

PHB wrote:
    If Chelsea really want a player, nobody can compete

You are pretty much saying they are unstoppable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

one huge problem with what your saying PHB

unless the players wants to go then he wont go anywhere.

Emmo

PHB wrote:
    Its that simple.
    Not necessarily the player they want though. :D

:)

I think it would take a serious dedication to something for a player not to join Chelsea, but I think they have the ability that Man Utd didn't have when they were on top, to get the players that Real Madrid and Barca are fighting for.

I don't agree - to date Ricardo Carvalho is the only player to choose Chelsea over one of the big European clubs.

Deco chose to join Barcelona instead of following Mourinho to Chelsea.
    Walter Samuel chose Real Madrid over Chelsea.

Deco and Samuel were both players Chelsea wanted but didn't get.

Steven Gerard seems to be staying at Liverpool as oppossed to moving to Chelsea too ;)

"but chelsea don't want him anymore".. my arse

Indeed, but Chelsea are now in with a fighting chance, compared to United of old who were always second fiddle in the market.

Spurs and Palace finally agree a fee for Routledge

And before some smartarse says "I said that 6 months ago", we all knew it was happening, but it did look like Palace woule insist on a tribunal, so a negotiated fee svaes the bother.

Spurs offered £1.5 million, Palace wanted £3 million, so I suppose its somewhere in between. Good signing for us and our u-21 team... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

Spurs and Palace finally agree a fee for Routledge

And before some smartarse says "I said that 6 months ago", we all knew it was happening, but it did look like Palace woule insist on a tribunal, so a negotiated fee svaes the bother.

Spurs offered £1.5 million, Palace wanted £3 million, so I suppose its somewhere in between. Good signing for us and our u-21 team... :D

With him and Lennon moving to Spurs, will Reid be guaranteed a first team spot enxt season?

• Advertisement

With him and Lennon moving to Spurs, will Reid be guaranteed a first team spot enxt season?

I think so.

Routledge will slot in RM in place of Davies, and Reid on the left. Lennon won't be first team straight away, both him and Ziegler will be cover for Reid and Routledge methinks.

Of course, with the recent arrival of Tainio and Huddlestone to our already straining midfield, we have the opportunity of experimenting with different formations if we want, possibly try a 4-3-3. Or we could slot Reid into CM, seeing as he likes to come in from the wing anyway.

A lot depends on who who we sell on in the coming weeks. My guess is Mendes and Keane to go, and possibly Brown.

Can someone tell me why Palace are getting any money for him?
    He is out of contract and 20 years old?
    I don't understand at all

PHB wrote:

Palace have to be compensated for his development, he's too young to go on a free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

PHB wrote:
    You get compsenation up to the age of 22 I think.

I don't know why all these young players who are getting first team football are joining Spurs. The way its going now they'd have a better chance of getting their game at Chelsea. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Spurs really have a great team built up! Was just looking at it on skysports there and even have ready made cover/replacement for 35year old naybet in dawson (impressed me in the championship anyway, think will be great in prem). Maybe a good attacking midfielder and they'd be sorted! Carrick holding and controlling play and 2 good wingers now, along with a good strike orce, must be a good time to be a spurs fan!

Up to 22?
    Seems somewhat odd to me, why not 17 when you sign a professional contract?
    What would happen if Spurs refused to pay? If everybody refused to pay?
    He wouldn't be under contract and nobody would pay for him thus he'd be forced to do what exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

If they refused to pay it goes to court and they could be liable for more....id imagine

It was brought in a few years back - along with the protected contract status. Basically its to stop bigger teams just nicking the young talent from smaller teams. And it acts as a suitable reason for small clubs to develop the players in the first place. I think Palace are also due 10% of a future fee (under league rules) if he is sold before he turns 23.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Aren't they the same thing? ;)

Good signing for Spurs. I think they'll probably need a few more good quality players of experience in there as examples for the younger players, if they are really to move up to the next level. They're on the right track though, provided the Arnesen fiasco doesn't rock the boat.

Looks like Gilardino is set for Milan, even with Chelsea putting in a huge offer(appareantly). He is quoted as saying he doesnt want to leave Italy, because it will ruin his chances of making the national squad (Italy) for next season, and he thinks he is too young to leave (22).
    Lots of big clubs interested, but i hope he goes to Milan... But i just wonder if Milan will be getting rid of anyone, already having Shev, Crespo, Tomasson and Inzaghi...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

hmm I reckon they give up on crespo or let inzaghi go, maybe both considering their age or else keep em all and breed gillardino as shevs successor...

• Advertisement
Advertisement