Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

****New Transfer Rumours and Signings****

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

yeah gilardino would be great, but nothing is set in stone yet
    tomasson might go to sampdoria so i heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭madjack

what you reckon on the offer for shevo? €85m including Crespo. I reckon its insane, Milan should have bitten their hands off! No player is worth that money. I would have just kept Crespo and saved 73m euros in one fell swoop.
    Now there are markets in the bookies for Chelski to beat the 100 million mark this summer for one player... mad world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Newcastle have signed Emre from Inter. Good signing, quality player-wonder if he can hack it in the PL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

madjack wrote:
    what you reckon on the offer for shevo? €85m including Crespo. I reckon its insane, Milan should have bitten their hands off! No player is worth that money. I would have just kept Crespo and saved 73m euros in one fell swoop.
    Now there are markets in the bookies for Chelski to beat the 100 million mark this summer for one player... mad world

If that goes through, its ridiculous. €85m for any player is madness let alone a 30 year old. While Chelsea were spending a lot of money before, they werent paying idiculous fees liek that. This cant be good for the game. After Real signed Ronaldo, Figo, Beckham and Zindane for big big money it looked as if transfer fees were levelling off again, this is going to ignite it again big time.

madjack wrote:

where did you hear that?
    nothing on channel4's website about it
    i'd say it's just utter nonsense from the tabloids
    sheva wouldn't go, milan wouldn't want him to either

Middlesborough have signed left-back Emanuel Pogatetz from Leverkusen.

Kezman is in Madrid at the mo, in talks with Atletico. £5mil...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

It is rumoured that Damien Richardson is in contact with Stephen Grant(ex Shamrock Rovers) in a bid to get him to join Cork City. Grant is presently purseuing a amateur golfing career and is a successful businessman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Yakubu has been denied a work permit to join Middlesborough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

andyman wrote:
    Yakubu has been denied a work permit to join Middlesborough

This was expected.....tehy have forms from Nigeria FA to say he would have played the 70% of National games if he wasnt banned after staying out late one nite......Boro say he will get permit on Monday at next hearing!!

Is it true that Chelsea made a £30mil bid for Trezeguet? Heard this somewhere(cant remember...)

• Advertisement

Yes, according to Juventus they made a bid in the region of 30-35 million but they have said that Trezeguet is not for sale at any price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Big Nelly wrote:
    This was expected.....tehy have forms from Nigeria FA to say he would have played the 70% of National games if he wasnt banned after staying out late one nite......Boro say he will get permit on Monday at next hearing!!
    He got it today, the deal goes through.

£7.5m is a bit of a gamble, too much to pay for him i reckon.

Boro wrote:
    He got it today, the deal goes through.

£7.5m is a bit of a gamble, too much to pay for him i reckon.

As I said!!! :D

Not really a gamble......good striker who is only 22!!! good investment seeing that Viduka is never around to play for one reason or another!!

Yeah, Viduka is injury prone alright.

andyman wrote:
    Yeah, Viduka is injury prone alright.
    Shame that he hasnt shown the form that he displayed at leeds. He had flashes of it but he has been injured too often. He could be on his way out but i doubt he will go anywhere till next season. More likely candidates are Job and Nemeth (wigan interested i think), maccarone (swap deal with zat 'bambi' knight of fulham mentioned) and christie (probably on loan to a championship side).

Boro are being linked with appiah (juve) and hargreaves (munich), there was also talk of francis (norwich) to fill the gap left by zenden. Mendieta should be back though so he might not be missed too much. Need a right winger though.

Anyone hear anything else about the lad we signed from leverkusen - Emmanuel Pogatetz? Last i heard he was going to be banned for 6 months for a legbreaking tackle in russia which could be enforced by uefa.

Still might be playing a 4-2-4 or 4-3-3 come the start of the season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Arsenal have signed 16 year old defender Arnand Traore from Monaco.
    Never heard of him, but then 2 years ago I'd never heard of Francesc Fabregas either... Nice one Wenger.

It's official - Christian Vieri has joined AC Milan... see it here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Solari moves from Real to Inter

Luis Fabiano moves from Porto to Sevilla

Regarding the Sevilla transfer,
    Sevilla are believed to have bought 35 percent of the player's rights, and have an option to buy the rest from a private company in two years.

What the devil?

Mark wrote:
    Solari moves from Real to Inter

Luis Fabiano moves from Porto to Sevilla

Regarding the Sevilla transfer,

What the devil?
    Is this that MSI company again? They seem heavily involved in transfers of brazilian players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

are they the people that own half of Robhino as wel or something?

~Rebel~ wrote:
    are they the people that own half of Robhino as wel or something?
    Article about corinthians/MSI

also saw this here
    ...a homesick Luis Fabiano who Porto and GSI (Global Soccer Investments – owner of 75% of his rights) are keen to loan out.

Just Announced

Bellamy having a medical at Blackburn
    Newcastle have submitted a bid for Emre

Newcastle move for Emre all depends on if they can get rid of Bellamy!! will free up the necessary wages to sign him!!!

Bowyer also rummored to be going to Charlton for 1.5mil because Viana is back and if not then Butt could go to Birmingham!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Bellamy Joins * Blackburn * 4 year deal
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/2005/07/07/story210613.html

Boro wrote:

Thanks for that! Some very crazy stuff going on there! How can a club agree to a thing like that without knowing anything about where the money is coming from or the legitimacy of it? Has to be something dodgy anyway, far too good a deal which surly couldn't possibly make MSI any money..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

thats a very interesting story. crazy the way nobody seems to know anything about MSI, something just isnt right about this whole situation. Corinthians dont seem to know anything about its investors, i mean would you go in to business with someone you didnt know or at least didnt look in to them???

• Advertisement

Smiaras started a thread on MSI a few months back i think.

This story was a link that came up (iirc).

Charlton have signed Darren Ambrose from Newcastle for £1.5m(source:Sky Sports News)

Have Newcastle gone mad?!? Thats the 6th player to be sold afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Disappointed Ambrose is gone , delighted we have signed Emre .

Big Ears wrote:
    Disappointed Ambrose is gone , delighted we have signed Emre .

Yes, Emre will be one of the signings of the summer imo.

And for you Big Ears and all you NUFC fans. You thought Bellamy and Robert were bad, Newcastle are interested in buying Anelka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Reports in a few different papers today suggest O'Leary has flown out to spain to sign Saviola on a years loan!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

City have lodged a £1.25 million bid for Vassell according to Teamtalk, if I was DOL I'd tell him to stick it up his ass, there is no way i'd sell him for that, he's not great but he's a good sub who can drive slow defences mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Im pissed off pool never made a move for Boa Morte. Rafa wants people with spirit who can play in the premiership and also wants wingers. He fits perfectly. Dont get me wrong im happy with having zenden and potentially figo but would prefer having boa morte to the 2 of them put together, Magical player.

Really hope souey doesn't get him, wil only ruin him with his evil! 6 months from now we'll all be hearing how he's a bad egg and there was nothing for it but to send him on loan to FC Khaziplakistan..

Dunno if this has been posted already, but Spurs have agreed a fee for Edgar Davids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

Thought it was a free transfer?

Wages and player still need sorting though so not a done deal i dont think...jsut yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

gone very quiet on this thread.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

thats cause everyones making individual threads for transfers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Well despite a bit of speculation, Freddy Ljungberg has signed a new Arsenal deal.
    http://skysports.planetfootball.com/LIST.ASP?HLID=294993

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Hurrah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Just when their fans thought it could not get any worse...
    Craig Moore is joining Newcastle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Shamrok wrote:
    Souness strikes again...... I think Collymore could be his next big transfer :)

Shamrok wrote:

:(:(:(:(:( oh dear god no . I thought things were going to get better after the Emre signing but :mad: . I just wish Souness would piss off and go to some club I really hate .

Pompey making a move for Henri Camara now apparantly..

source: http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=296498&CPID=8&CLID=&lid=2&title=Pompey+plot+Camara+move&channel=football_home

Also Lyon claim the Essien deal is dead and give a general swipe at chelsea who are "killing the transfer market"
    Source: http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=296486&CPID=8&CLID=&lid=2&title=Lyon:+Essien+deal+dead&channel=football_home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Man City set to sign Josep Guardiola

Could be a great signing for us for a season, a quality player for Barca and Brecsia, and was player of the year last year in Quatar. If he has the impact Hierro had on Notlob's season last year I'd be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Speculation that Spurs and Newcastle are in taks regarding Jermaine Jenas.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/4137714.stm

A great player no doubt, but if we have £13 million to spend surely it should be on a left-back (Bunjevceviv/Ziegler are our only cover for an iffy Edman)

Better still, stand our ground until the January sales to see if we need to replace anyone who hasn't worked out (I'm thinking Andy Reid here)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Sunderland have signed Joe Murphy from West Brom

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/transfernews.asp?type=article&id=297904

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Juan Pablo wrote:
    Man City set to sign Josep Guardiola

Could be a great signing for us for a season, a quality player for Barca and Brecsia, and was player of the year last year in Quatar. If he has the impact Hierro had on Notlob's season last year I'd be happy.
    Fabregas vs Guardiola! Fabregas vs Guardiola!!

Suprised no one has posted this yet but Bolton are in talks with Hidetoshi Nakata (source SSN and Sky text) , I haven't seen much of him these past two years buts he's a fantastic player and was Japan's best for many years , he's respected in Italy as a very good player .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

That would be another great signing for Bolton, along with getting Borgetti.

Advertisement