Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

****New Transfer Rumours and Signings****

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Robbie Keane to Newcastle seems to be a popular one on the rumour mill today. Possibly involving Jenas in the deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/05/08/16/SOCCER_Bolton.html

Bolton have signed Hidetoshi Nakata on a 12-month loan deal, subject to international clearance.

The 28-year-old Japan playmaker, who is on the books of Italian side Fiorentina, joins Sam Allardyce's band of internationals at the Reebok Stadium.

The player told the club's official website [url]www.bwfc.co.uk:[/url] "I am very pleased to begin a new experience in the Premier League.

"I look forward to being part of Bolton Wanderers and to start playing in a season that will be very important for the team and for myself."
    Allardyce told the club's official website [url]www.bwfc.co.uk:[/url] "I'm pleased the deal is sorted out. The player's medical was fine and we have now sorted out the work permit.

"He is an exciting acquisition for us and will add much needed strength to our midfield."

Nakata has won over 60 caps for his country and is expected to feature for Japan at the World Cup next summer, with Zico's side already qualified for the tournament.

He first burst onto the club scene with J League side Bellmare Hiratsuka, winning the Asian Footballer of the Year in 1997 and joining Perugia in 1998 and retained the continental player accolade.

Roma signed him for £13million in 2000 and he won the Serie A title with them a year later.

Parma then paid £18million for the player, but he failed to shine with the northern club and moved on to Bologna before joining Fiorentina last year.

Good signign for Bolton, this fellow can hit the ball from about 30 yards into the cornor no prob.....seen him score some crackers for Roma a few seasons back!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Freddie Kanoute to Seville for £4.4 million.

Anyone heard this? I've no SSN, but apparently they've confirmed it.

Oh, forgot to mention...

Bellion to West Ham for a season long loan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Roumer has it that Fabrizio Miccoli will sign for either Aston Villa or Benfica in the next 7 days.
    Would be a great signing for villa and would torment ANY premiership defence, also prone to scoring 40 yard screamers.

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote:
    Roumer has it that Fabrizio Miccoli will sign for either Aston Villa or Benfica in the next 7 days.
    Would be a great signing for villa and would torment ANY premiership defence, also prone to scoring 40 yard screamers.

Villa will prob move for him if they miss Baros!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Miccoli is a much better player and less likely to sulk when he realises villa are ****e...

Aston Villa midfielder Mathieu Berson has joined Auxerre on a one-year loan.

Berson joined Villa for £1.5million from Nantes last summer but only featured in 11 Premiership games.

"Auxerre were very convincing," said the 25-year-old. "I wanted to come back to France and Auxerre did all they could to reach an agreement with Aston Villa. I am delighted."

And Berson will be joined at Auxerre by Krisztian Vadocz, who has signed for the Ligue 1 side after they off interest from Italy to sign the defensive midfielder on a five-year contract from Hungarian club Honved.

Berson will be in direct competition with Vadocz, 20, who can either play as a midfielder or a central defender.

The arrival of both players will be a boost for the Bourguignon side, after their midfield and defence were severely hit by injuries to Younes Kaboul, Stephane Grichting and Bakari Sagna.

Wigan have made a bid for 36-year-old Bradford striker Dean Windass.

Manager Paul Jewell wants the veteran frontman to link up with him again after they worked together at Valley Parade between 1999 and 2001.

Jewell has been seeking a high-profile striker signing - with Norwich's Dean Ashton linked - but believes Windass, who scored a hat-trick for the League One side in their 5-0 defeat of Rochdale in the Carling Cup on Tuesday night, could also do a job for the Premiership newcomers.

Bradford confirmed they have received a formal bid for Windass, reported to be in the region of £450,000. It is currently being considered by City boss Colin Todd and chief executive Julian Rhodes.

"Paul Jewell telephoned me on Wednesday morning and I advised him that I didn't want Dean to go anywhere," said Todd in a club statement.

"I told him I'd speak with Julian Rhodes first, which I have now done and we will be speaking again."

Windass, who is in sparkling goalscoring form again for the Bantams this season, had already been in discussion with Rhodes regarding a new extended contract at Valley Parade.

The veteran forward has scored seven goals in five matches so far this season after ending up with 28 for the Bantams last campaign.

Jewell is desperate to bring in cover for £3million recent signing Henri Camara, who has been ruled out for six weeks with a hamstring injury sustained while playing for Senegal in a recent friendly.

Cant understand this one....with all the money available to Wigan you would think they would be able to bring in some quality! they have gone backwards since last season in terms of there strikeforce!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Wenger - We're chasing a new player

- Arsène Wenger -

By Richard Clarke

Arsène Wenger has a new signing in his sights.

Ahead of the Fulham game, the Arsenal manager suggested that he would acquire only a goalkeeper before the transfer window closes on August 31. But, following the collapse of the deal to sign Sebastian Viera, he did not have a specific player in mind.

After Wednesday night’s victory, Wenger was a little more precise. “We are chasing a player, yes,” he said. “I’ll try to bring him in.”

When asked if this was to be a squad member or a first-team regular, the Frenchman replied: “We usually make them high-profile once they are here.”

Of course, the target in question could be an outfield player. The manager is keeping his cards close to his chest at this stage.

When any deal is officially completed, the first announcement will be on Arsenal.com.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'll believe it when I see it.

Van Der Meyde signing for Everton - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/4186870.stm

Two players supposed to be moving

Inter Milan winger Andy van der Meyde could be set for a move to Everton.

The Dutch international was having a medical at the club on Friday even though they are still to agree a fee with the Italian side.

Everton manager David Moyes is also close to completing a loan deal with Roma defender Matteo Ferrari.

The Everton boss is also looking at drafting in a left-back after revealing Alessandro Pistone will be sidelined for most of the season because of knee ligament damage.

Moyes said on Friday morning: "I aim to bring in a couple of new players. Hopefully Ferrari will complete his move today.

"I don't know if we can get him registered in time for Saturday.

"Van der Meyde is coming in for a medical and we will see how it goes. Hopefully the clubs can agree a fee."

Pistone suffered the injury on Sunday in the victory at Bolton and the problem is far worse than first feared.

Moyes said: "Pistone has a cruciate injury and looks as though he will be out for most of the season.

"It is a massive blow and I will probably need to bring in a left-back."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Does Van Der Meyde play on the left or right? (Not that I'd like to see Liverpool poach another Everton target)

p.pete wrote:
    Does Van Der Meyde play on the left or right? (Not that I'd like to see Liverpool poach another Everton target)

Plays on right! Van Der Vaart used to play on left for Ajax when they played together!!

Tudor to Bolton on season long loan

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Waster

Ferrari is a decnt defender and I would imagine that he'll do a good job for Everton. Will Van Der Maydes arrival mean the end of Killbane in the first 11?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Well, you'd expect Van der Meyde to fighting it out with Davies on the right wing, and Kilbane competing with McFadden on the left.
    Nice position to be in. Liverpool don't even have 1 decent right winger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

On the Sky Sports News ticker now--Everton have signed Nuno Valente from Porto for 1.5 million!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

On Sky Sports site, they have up that Young Pyo-Lee is set for a medical at Spurs tomorrow. Another great signing, if the deal goes ahead, he impressed me greatly in the CL with PSV.

On Sky Sports site, they have up that Young Pyo-Lee is set for a medical at Spurs tomorrow. Another great signing, if the deal goes ahead, he impressed me greatly in the CL with PSV.

Been doing the rounds for a while, thank f*ck its finally gonna be completed.

Also, either Kuyt or Jenas to sign for Spurs before the deadline. I'll believe it when I see it.

• Advertisement

Arsenal looking to sign Sunderland Keeper Mart Poom with Justin Hoyte in exchange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Lmao, if only:
    Manchester City Express Interest In Del Piero
    8/30/2005 11:45:00 AM
    The Juventus captain is currently out of Fabio Capello’s first eleven plans.
    Manchester City could be in a surprise and shocking transfer move as the Blues have asked for Alessandro Del Piero. It is not yet clear whether Juventus have rejected straight away the offer, but even though the move looks highly unlikely, the scenarios for such a transfer do exist.

If the Old Lady completes the Antonio Cassano move, then Del Piero will have less space in the first eleven in the season leading to the World Cup, thus decreasing his chances of shining and having Marcello Lippi notice his performances.

Juventus would not want to sell their most representative player, but if Pinturicchio asks to be sold or at least to be loaned out for this season in order to find playing time elsewhere, Moggi and company will not stand in his way. Carlo Ancelotti expressed his interest for Del Piero through the media, but the Bianconeri’s management would prefer to send the Italian forward either to a team with no Scudetto aspirations or better yet abroad.

With less than 36 hours to go before the transfer deadline, a lot could happen in the next hours and with a World Cup looming around the corner, anything could happen to Del Piero, even a move to the Premiership.

Got this off another forum, which didnt have a link... But, if its true :p to see him in a city jersey...?

Fulham sign ex-Barcalona defender Philippe Christanval according to Sky Sports News.
    http://skysports.planetfootball.com/article.asp?id=305687

A very reliable source told me over the weekend that Ian Harte wants to leave Levante next summer (or even in January) to join Celtic or rejoin Leeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Shamrok that has been known for ages....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

cheesedude wrote:

Didn't Harte pretty much say so himself ? (about 4 months ago)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

Where can a list of the eircom league transfers be found? i've been searching for them but they are a loss to me:

i wanted to know where:
    russel payne - (i found out it was back coaching in the states)
    lee feeney
    jimmy aggrey
    all went to

cheesedude wrote:
    Oh, really? Sorry, never knew :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Shamrok wrote:
    A very reliable source told me over the weekend that Ian Harte wants to leave Levante next summer (or even in January) to join Celtic or rejoin Leeds.

Oh go no!! There is no chance of Harte coming back to Leeds. We already have 2 quality left backs and very good up and coming youngster in the reserve side. No chance he is going to Leeds

Being reported today that Arsenal Scouts are watching Diego Forlan....

Forlan has said in the press that he woulj jump at the chance of returning to the Premiership

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=323254&CPID=9&clid=&lid=2&title=Pienaar+to+quit+Ajax

This should be of great interest for a few UK clubs....could be a great replacement for Vieira

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Aye, handy player.

Wenger was in the Netherlands yesterday watching Feyenoord - Vitesse, probably to see Ghaly (sp?) or Kuyt, although Kalou is also a possibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

In the Observer today its reported (via the Mirror) that Ashley Cole is off to Madrid as he hasn't been on the best of terms with highbury's management since he tapped up Chelsea , also rumoured , mostly by spurs fans, that they'll be making a massive bid to bring Robben to 3 point lane.

Robben one seems a bit unlikely , would be good for spurs though and he doesn't seem to be too happy with Mourinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

yet again where can i find eircom league rumours/transferes etc

• Advertisement

No link, but SSN are reporting that Alan Pardew is still trying to talk to Keane, and also wants to land Maxi Lopez!
    Got to admire his ambition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

aparently he (keane)will make his decision on monday acording to his agent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

It looks like Pienaar is off to Dortmund which adds to the Rosicky-Arsenal rumours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dumbest rumour of the day

Paolo di Canio could be handed the opportunity of a Premiership return under his former West Ham manager Harry Redknapp at Portsmouth. (Daily Mail)

Harry has a joke and the Twonk at the Mail reckons its worth a few colume inches.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Daniel Aggers to Liverpool looks almost certain, some discusion on the price but i suspect that will be sorted out.

Mike.

Maniche has joined Chelsea on loan for the rest of the season. He is also eligible to play in the Champions League. More here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Ireland U19 and Arsenal reserve player Patrick Cregg has joined Falkirk in an 18 month deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

Danny Murphy is virtually certain to sign for Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Villa are being linked with Igor Tudor in a loan deal.

Rumours abound of Del Boy offering £5.5 million to bring Pedro Mendes, Sean Davis and Noe Pamarot to Pompey from Spurs.

Also interested in Andy Reid, though its believed thats a bit sticky cos Spurs want Matt Taylor in exchange, and Del wants to keep him.

Also, been doing the rounds for a while...Stephen Kelly to West Ham for £500k...

Red Star Belgrade have confirmed that Arsenal have been in contact to express an interest in striker Nikola Zigic.

But a club spokesman told BBC Sport that Red Star will not consider selling the 25-year-old until the summer.

Liverpool are also chasing the highly-rated Serbia and Montenegro international, while West Ham had a £7m bid rejected last week.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4598426.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/4598800.stm

United complete signing of Evra for £5.5 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/fulham/4590296.stm

Niemi signs for Fulham from Southampton for around 1m

Hopefully will have a better time at Ipswich than at Cardiff where his career took a dip. Ipswich being looking to replace the "traitor" Kuqi since his move in the summer

Ipswich are expected to sign Republic of Ireland striker Alan Lee from Cardiff.

The 27-year-old, set to cost £100,000, has agreed terms on a two-and-a-half-year deal and was undergoing a medical at Portman Road.

Ipswich boss Joe Royle told [url]www.itfc.co.uk:[/url] "We hope Alan will be signing.

"We've been after bringing in a striker for a while, and Alan will provide us with a physical presence we need."

Royle has also told former Manchester City and West Ham midfielder Kevin Horlock he has no plans to offer the 33-year-old a new contract when his current deal expires in the summer.

He added: "I've spoken to him and said we are well covered in the midfield department now and that if a club shows an interest in him we won't stand in his way."

• Advertisement
Advertisement