Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

****New Transfer Rumours and Signings****

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Another one, bit of a surprise as I though a bigger club would come in for him. Prob something to do with the tax breaks!

Christian Vieri is on the verge of joining Monaco after passing his medical with the French club on Tuesday.

Monaco expect to complete the deal in the "next few hours" with the Italy international's club AC Milan already having given the green light for Vieri to join the Principality outfit.

At Monaco, the 32-year-old Vieri, who has made just eight league appearances and scored one goal for Milan this season, could link back up with his former national team-mate Marco Di Vaio, who recently joined the club from Valencia.

And another Italian at Monaco, coach Francesco Guidolin, is delighted that Vieri has decided to join his side.

"This is obviously a very important arrival for us. He is a typical target man, a profile which I did not have in my team up until now," Guidolin told L'Equipe.

Monaco's vice-president Gerard Brianti added: "Vieri has shown he wanted to come to Monaco. He is a player who was part of the list we submitted to the club's managers for the winter break recruitment."

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

Harry says he's interested in bringing Schwarzer to pompey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

Reliable source tells me Nigel Reo-Coker will join Arsenal this week for 5-6 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Rumours abound of Del Boy offering £5.5 million to bring Pedro Mendes, Sean Davis and Noe Pamarot to Pompey from Spurs.

Confirmed, but for £7.5 million.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/4599630.stm

Sorry to see Mendes leave, his face mustn't have fit in. Great player, Bent 'Arry might just have made a good signing there.

Good business nonetheless for three squad members at Spurs.

From the same source I got the Del Boy swoop for three Spurs, I hear we're in protracted negotiations with Udinese for Italian striker Iaquinta, with the deal hinging on how much we'll pay up front.

I also believe Wayne Bridge is a target, as is Feyenoord winger Romeo Castelan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Iaquinta is quality, but has a habit of falling out with coaches, Castelan is good as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Milan are set to sign Marcio Amoroso from Sao Paolo. It was only about a year ago he was on trial at Celtic but wasn't offered a deal. He didn't do too well last season with Malaga. Bit of an odd signing.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

According to Auxerre, 19 year old centre-midfielder Vasiriki Abou Diaby has signed for Arsenal on a 4 year deal. I await Skysports making Patrick Vieira comparisons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

• Advertisement

Wayne Bridge to Spurs.

You heard it here first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Wayne Bridge to Spurs.

You heard it here first.

On Loan ????

Sticking with Tottenham, Michael Brown is rumoured to be on his way to Birmingham.

WWM will be devestated.:)

The Muppet wrote:
    On Loan ????

Permanent move.

Spurs are supposed to be recalling Huddlestone at the end of his loan spell at Wolves which may add weight to the Brown to Brum rumour, also we're supposed to be getting a LW in which means we'd have Carrick, Davids, Jenas, Tainio, and Hud for two CM places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Any idea about Andy Reid?? Will he be staying?

Any idea about Andy Reid?? Will he be staying?

We were prepared to let him go to Del Boy at Pompey in a swap deal for Matt Taylor, but 'Arry wanted to pay roubles and wasn't interested in a swap. He ain't wanted for sure.

Charlton have agreed a fee with everton for Marcus Bent. £2.5 million pounds. I was a bit suprised at this. Bent was a good player for the toffs. Possibly to provide money for another deal?

• Advertisement

Bent wanted to return home to Londen. Its his 9th club in 10 years or something!

Charltons front line is Bent.....sorry couldnt resist

Charlton have agreed a £2.5million fee with Everton to take striker Marcus Bent to The Valley.

The 27-year-old is set to pass a medical with the Addicks before the deal is completed.

Bent will also have to agree personal terms before joining Alan Curbishley's squad.

If Bent does complete the transfer, Charlton will pay £2million initially which could then rise by another £500,000.

Everton chief executive Keith Wyness told official website evertonfc.com: "The two clubs have been speaking over the weekend and have agreed a deal.

"We have now given permission to Marcus to travel to London to discuss personal terms."

Bent arrived at Goodison Park in 2004 from Ipswich before helping Everton finish fourth last season and earn a Champions League qualifier.

He scored seven goals last season and was a key player for manager David Moyes, but has only netted once this term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Tomas Rosicky's agent says talks are ongoing with Arsenal about a possible move.

Rosicky himself is known to be keen on a move, while Arsenal appear to be stalling purely on the basis that this is their back-up signing if the (well-publicised) Walcott one doesn't go through. And it probably won't, since Soton rejected a £12 million bid today or yesterday.

Go to www.skysports.com for more

Wayne Bridge to Spurs.

You heard it here first.

Disregard this. (Normally reliable) source is now very uncertain this will take place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Per Kroldrup from Everton to Fiorentina, apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Disregard this. (Normally reliable) source is now very uncertain this will take place.

rumoured now that Bridge will be loaned to Fulham.

growler wrote:
    rumoured now that Bridge will be loaned to Fulham.

This has been all over the papers for a few days now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I presume chelsea wont allow him go anywhere else? He would of been a great signing for liverpool i think.

Alan Stubbs is apparently re-signing for Everton. You stupid plonker Moyes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Lol you were bluffed there :P Btw, very nice loan signing for Fulham :D

Demeant0r wrote:
    Lol you were bluffed there :P

Not really, he was told a fee had been agreed with Chelsea and Bridge wanted to come to us. Then he was told Bridge was insisting on a guaranteed first team place (for World Cup selection) which Jol wouldn't give him, so he turned down the move. Hence me saying "disregard this" two days before anyone else mentioned him going to Fulham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Fair enough, still overwhelmed he joined us instead =D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I presume chelsea wont allow him go anywhere else? He would of been a great signing for liverpool i think.

Spurs tried to buy him but Murinho didn't want to sell. He was offered on loan as Bridge wanted first team footbal to improve his chances of make the world cup squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Geg124

Portsmouth are in talks with Tottenham Hotspur over a deal for Irish winger Andy Reid.

Reid has found it tough to hold down a place in the first team at White Hart Lane under Martin Jol and Pompey are ready to offer him a Premiership lifeline.

Pompey lost the services of Laurent Robert this month and manager Harry Redknapp clearly believes Reid would slot in seamlessly on the left.

Jol, despite failing to field Reid regularly this term, said recently that he wanted to keep the winger, but Pompey are looking to persuade Spurs to sell.

"We've had a conversation with Spurs, but have not negotiated a deal yet," Pompey chairman Milan Mandaric told The Sun.

The lines of communication between Fratton Park and White Hart Lane have been running hot throughout January, as Pompey have already signed Sean Davis, Pedro Mendes and Noe Pamarot.

Pompey are struggling towards the foot of the table, but the return of Harry Redknapp has brightened the mood at Fratton Park and key defender Dejan Stefanovic has backed his manager to lead the club to safety.

"Alain Perrin was good for four or five games at the end of last season, but that changed over the summer," said Stefanovic.

"He did a lot of things in pre-season I did not agree with and a lot of what he did was wrong for the team.

"He made me his captain, but I did not enjoy playing for him. I would have gone in for ankle surgery had he stayed for one more week, as I did not want to play.

"If Harry Redknapp was here from the start of the season, we would be 15 points better off now.

"He would have signed good quality players and we would be in the same position as Wigan and West Ham. If Perrin stayed, we would have got relegated."

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=355682&CPID=8&clid=&lid=2&title=Pompey+in+Reid+talks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Christ this fella beter be good for 7.25 million
    West Ham have had a £7.25m bid accepted for Norwich City striker Dean Ashton.

Ashton, 22, has agreed personal terms and will undergo a medical - with the Hammers hoping to unveil him before Monday night's game against Fulham.

The Hammers will pay £7m, plus a conditional £250,000, while Norwich have negotiated a 15% sell-on clause.

Ashton, a former England Under-21 international, scored 18 goals in 46 games for Norwich following a £3m move to Carrow Road from Crewe a year ago.

Crewe will receive £1.5m up front as part of a sell-on clause included in that deal.

Everyone making money on this deal!

Mike.

Tottenham defender Reto Ziegler moves to Wigan on loan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/4632384.stm

-edit-

in other news, spurs completed a switch of their old club badge for a brand spanking new one, which can be viewed here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/4628886.stm

i dont know about this, i think i preferred the old one.

Why is the bird on the badge standing on a basketball??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

or an earwig, if you saw soccer am on saturday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4641082.stm

Mart Poom makes his move to arsenal permanent

Dean Kiely moves to portsmouth

link is on the bbc sports pages, i closed the window and am too lazy to go find it :)

Dean Kiely moves to portsmouth

link is on the bbc sports pages, i closed the window and am too lazy to go find it :)

I can confirm this. He is too lazy to go find it...:D

I can confirm this. He is too lazy to go find it...:D

Bah!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/4644276.stm

There ya go, ya ..... ! :D;):p

• Advertisement

Egyptian midfielder Hossam Ghali supposed to be on his way to Spurs from Feyenoord.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Dion Dublin to Celtic?? The strange window continues!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

Argentine star Andres D'Alessandro looks to be on his way to England and skysports.com understand that Portsmouth are hoping to seal his signature.

Pompey have already landed eight new faces during the transfer window, but the signing of D'Alessandro would be a huge coup for the South Coast outfit.

Israeli-based businessman Alexandre Gaydamak bought half of the club earlier this month with the promise of substantial funds being made available to manager Harry Redknapp.

Now German sources have insisted that Wolfsburg star D'Alessandro has been persuaded to join the Fratton Park revolution.

On Monday Pompey announced the captures of Wayne Routledge and Ognjen Koroman, which were signings seven and eight following the earlier arrivals of Benjani, Emmanuel Olisadebe, Dean Kiely, Sean Davis, Noe Pamarot and Pedro Mendes.

Now Redknapp is trying to add D'Alessandro, some five years after originally spotting his talents in Argentina.

While with West Ham in 2001, Redknapp took D'Alessandro on trial but he failed to broker a deal to land him - but he now appears close to sealing a deal.

D'Alessandro had been locked in talks with former club River Plate, but Pompey look to have persuaded him that a move to England would be the best option for him.

Taken from skysports.

It will be some signing if he pulls it off, this guy is a genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

wayne routledge has joined pompey on loan from spurs aswell.

Wow! D'Alessandro would be a fantastic signing for Portsmouth.

But would he be able to settle into the English game? And would he have the stomach for a relegation battle...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

D'Alessandro is an incredibly high quality player, it would amaze me if Portsmouth signed him, if they did, they wouldn't be relegated, however I'll be utterly gobsmacked if he does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭marky4

liverpool are supposed to be close to competing a deal with deportivo la coruna for victor,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

All the last min deals on bbc

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4664680.stm

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

according to skysports henry has reached a verbal agreement to sign for barca
    the deal could be worth £10mil to arsenal because henry is over 28....whats that about then? players over 28 go for cheap according to some fifa regulation?

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=371443&CPID=8&clid=&lid=2&title=Barca+'claim+Henry+deal'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

I think it's something to with players over 28 who have only a certain amount of time on their contract...along those lines but it's not the most frequently enforced sort of thing to my knowledge...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

PAUL Le Guen is in talks with Robert Pires, the Arsenal and France midfielder, with a view to the player joining Rangers at the end of this season. Pires would be a Bosman signing and would be the first tangible evidence that hiring a coach of Le Guen's stature will attract big-name players to Ibrox.

Pires, whose contract with Arsenal runs out this summer, has just turned 33 and has been frustrated by his inability to hold down a first team place at Highbury this season. He has already rejected the London club's offer of a 12-month extension to his contract and now seems certain to leave the club he joined from Marseille in 2000 for £6m.

Le Guen met Pires by chance at a Paris soiree hosted by Puma last week, when the two men were introduced by mutual friends Jean-Alain Boumsong and Didier Deschamps. However, it is understood that negotiations started soon after the two swapped contact details, with Pires stressing his desire to play Champions League football next season and his disappointment at the terms offered by Arsenal. A two-year deal at Ibrox is now understood to be on the table for the experienced midfielder, who has won 73 caps for France.

The news underlines the significance of this afternoon's match at Tynecastle, when Rangers have a chance to peg back Hearts' advantage to just three points with eight games remaining.

Despite Le Guen's undoubted pull, the ability to offer Champions League football next season will be crucial to his plans to strengthen the squad at Ibrox and to keep players such as Thomas Buffel, who has been the subject of interest from Europe. Players such as Nantes goalkeeper Mikael Landreau, Lille's Greek defender Efstathios Tavlaridis, Lille midfielder Mathieu Bodmer and Rennes' Swiss striker Alexander Frei have already been linked with Rangers, yet Champions League football is likely to be a pre-requisite for many of Le Guen's most high-profile targets.

Despite having a vested interest in Rangers prospering during the run-in, Le Guen is determined not to be seen to interfere with current manager Alex McLeish's final months in charge. The two men know each other from UEFA coaching courses and, contrary to reports earlier in the week, met in Glasgow on Tuesday to discuss the squad. Le Guen also spent much of the day house-hunting outside Glasgow.

Le Guen is also understood to have been discussing British football with his fellow French manager and close friend Arsene Wenger. Sources at the London club say that the two men have discussed the possibility of Arsenal sending out some of their top young players on loan to Rangers. Such an arrangement could raise the possibility of midfield prodigy Theo Walcott - for whom Arsenal paid Southampton £5m in January and who turned 17 last week - coming to Ibrox. Walcott was recently linked to a loan deal with Celtic.
    http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/football.cfm?id=432272006

• Advertisement
Advertisement