Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

****New Transfer Rumours and Signings****

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Pires has been stalling on signing a new deal with Arsenal
    Arsenal midfielder Robert Pires has not held talks with Scottish champions Rangers, according to his agent.

Newspaper reports claimed the 32-year-old, who has only been offered a one-year deal by Arsenal, had agreed a summer Bosman move to Rangers.

But Stephane Courbis told BBC Sport: "It's not true. We are only talking with Arsenal for the moment.

"Robert has a proposition from Arsenal in his hands and he is thinking about it. For the moment he does not know."

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has insisted he wants Pires to stay at the club - but says the Frenchman will only be offered a 12-month contract extension.

The player's deal ends in the summer but he has delayed signing a one-year extension in the hope of securing a longer deal.

"He is at an age where he would like three years. If I was in his place, I would as well," said Wenger.

"He will get one year. We will stick to our policy for older players."

Wenger said Pires still had an important role to play in his team.

"I have always said I want Robert to stay for at least another year and I hope he will make that decision sooner rather than later. He is always an important player for us," he added.

Pires has said he would like to remain at Arsenal, who are moving into a new 60,000 stadium for the start of next season.

"We have a new generation with huge potential. If I can act as a guide it will be with pleasure," said Pires.

The Frenchman joined the club in 2000 and was voted Football Writers' Player of the Year in 2002.

He has made over 250 appearances for the club since his £6m arrival from Marseille.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4824190.stmhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4824190.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Pires is a money grabber - if Le Guen can get Rangers to pay him a ridiculous wage he'll be there next season. He had been touting himself in Spain but no club was prepared to pay the wages he wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

hasn't he been looking for an escape route from highbury for over a year now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

To avoid relegation scraps next year, should Portsmouth amazingly make safety and stay in the Premiership, Harry Redknapp will stay boss but a number of changes will be made. Nosworthy will may be brought in from Sunderland although Birmingham pair Mario Melchiot and Matthew Upson are more likely to be brought in for a combined £6 million fee. If Upson doesnt move then there is a chance for Cunningham from Birmingham. Didi Hamman will make a £3 million move from Liverpool and Arsenal will loan out Theo Walcott for a season if D'Allesandro leaves. Another surprise move is Bolo Zenden from Liverpool on a Free transfer and finally Lee Trundle will make the anticipated Premiership move for £1.2 million.
    KIELY
    ----MELCHIOT----UPSON----STEFANOVIC----TAYLOR----
    WALCOTT
    MENDES
    HAMMAN
    ZENDEN----
    LUALUA---TRUNDLE
    Manager - HARRY REDKNAPP
    SUBS - Ashdown, O'Brien, Priske, Primus, Karadas, Benjani and more

taken from: http://www.football-rumours.com/dodgy.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Even the name of the link you posted is dodgey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

Thats why i posted it into here Transfer Rumours and didn't start a new thread for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

blu_sonic wrote:
    Thats why i posted it into here Transfer Rumours and didn't start a new thread for it

At last some sense in this forum...the post above is exactly what this thread is about...sick of seeing 10 new thread everyday with the local Sun/Mirror story of who is moving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Hoping a few of those moves are correct, especially Trundle as it would be abig boost for ireland as we'd finally know what hes really capable of against quality opposition. Personally i dont think he'll have the same influence he has at swansea, but at the same time i have definately seen enough quality that he would be at last an average prem quality striker. Also be cool to get to see Walcott on a regular basis and that move would probably suit Arsenal, if they dont plan on blooding him next year. Id say that move rests on Pires future. Could see Upson going to a better team though. Wouldn't be surprised to see Upson and Pennant come to Liverpool together.

Would kind of like to see pool hang onto Zenden as hes a good backup to have for either wing and central midfield, but could see him being sold alright considering pool will have Gonzalez Kewell Riise and Garcia battling for the left while Gonzalez kewell and garcia can all also play on the right, as backup to whoever inevitably comes in.

Where this rumour kinda falls down is Hamann, as Hamann will be on a free at the end of the season, hes on a year by year rolling contract now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Mourinho -
    "We don't have big needs. The natural tendency is we get a defender, a midfielder and an attacker."

hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

blu_sonic wrote:
    To avoid relegation scraps next year, should Portsmouth amazingly make safety and stay in the Premiership, Harry Redknapp will stay boss but a number of changes will be made. Nosworthy will may be brought in from Sunderland although Birmingham pair Mario Melchiot and Matthew Upson are more likely to be brought in for a combined £6 million fee. If Upson doesnt move then there is a chance for Cunningham from Birmingham. Didi Hamman will make a £3 million move from Liverpool and Arsenal will loan out Theo Walcott for a season if D'Allesandro leaves. Another surprise move is Bolo Zenden from Liverpool on a Free transfer and finally Lee Trundle will make the anticipated Premiership move for £1.2 million.
    KIELY
    ----MELCHIOT----UPSON----STEFANOVIC----TAYLOR----
    WALCOTT
    MENDES
    HAMMAN
    ZENDEN----
    LUALUA---TRUNDLE
    Manager - HARRY REDKNAPP
    SUBS - Ashdown, O'Brien, Priske, Primus, Karadas, Benjani and more

taken from: http://www.football-rumours.com/dodgy.htm

Don't really believe any of these but as a Pompey fan they would be some good players to sign. Melchiot and Cunningham i dont think are any better than what we have already though. We'll also need to get rid of some players such as Benjani, Griffen, Vignal, Vukic, Mornar etc. If they aint playing get rid of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Adriano-Inter row erupts
    “I am an Inter player and have always held the club colours in my heart,” the Brazilian told ‘Guida al Campionato’ following last night’s 1-0 defeat to Milan.

“If the fans no longer want me here, then they should say it to my face and I’ll go. I am sick of people putting all the blame on me when we lose, as a team should share the responsibility for success and failure.”

Inter were expected to come out in support of their star striker, but President Facchetti’s comments are a siren song to Chelsea and Real Madrid.

“You have to find happiness within yourself,” he insisted. “Nobody said that he has to leave, but if the Adriano we all know and love returns, then we’re happy to keep him.”

Well it'll be nice to see him playing more often at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Jimmy Bullard is on his way to Fulham:
    http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=383019&CPID=8&clid=111&lid=2&title=Bullard+holding+Fulham+talks
    I just saw an interview with Paul Jewell, he reckons the deal is practically signed and sealed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Ya I'm surprised that Jimmy Bullard deal, comes totally out of the blue, bit weird after having a cracker of a season with Wigan to go to struggling Fulham.. Apparently its so he can be nearer his family... Sounds a bit dodgy to me, (remember robbie savage moving for same reason despite Blackburn being FURTHER from his family) .
    I think theres more to it..

Boy, he didn't waste any time after the season finished.
    http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=385168&CPID=8&clid=111&lid=2&title=Chimbonda+slaps+in+request

That's two of Wigan's stars that they are set to lose. I hope Paul Jewell makes some good signings in the summer, after such a good season it would be a shame to see them struggle.
    Chimbonda has been linked heavily with United, now that he has handed in a transfer request maybe it was more than a rumor....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Backup for the United captain, why would he do that?
    I think a more likely move is to Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/bolton_wanderers/4983376.stm

Jay Jay Okocha and N'gotty on their way out of Bolton. Deemed too old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

BLUES AGREE HOWARD DEAL
    By: Scott McLeod

Everton have agreed a season-long loan deal with Manchester United for goalkeeper Tim Howard.

The US international will move to Goodison on July 1 and will remain with the Blues for the duration of the 2006/07 campaign.

The 26-year-old was signed by Manchester United from American MLS side MetroStars in 2003 for £2.3m and has made 77 first-team appearances for the Old Trafford side.

Howard has been named in the US squad for this summer's World Cup in Germany.

He will move to Everton in July, with the first-team squad returning to training on July 3.

Howard will add further competition for the Everton goalkeeping jersey.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/index.php?page_id=10016

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_utd/4757869.stm
    China midfielder Li Tie is set to sign for Premiership newcomers Sheffield United in the summer after being released by Everton.

The 28-year-old spent three years at Goodison Park and joining Blades would fulfil his wish to stay in England.

"Both sides are very positive," Li told the Beijing Times. "There are only a few details remaining to be discussed.

"Barring any surprises, we should be able to settle this by the start of next month."

Sheffield United already have links with China as they own B-league team Chengdu Blades.

Li's agent Xu Hongtao has confirmed the midfielder is aiming to wrap up a deal after the World Cup.

After an initial loan spell with Everton from Liaoning Fushen, Li made just five appearances for Everton after his permanent switch in 2003.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Man City have released Sommeil, de Vlieger, Musampa (loan expired), Bischoff, Haapala, Riera (loan expired) and Ian Bennett, Karl Bermingham, Paul Collins and Michael Ward from the reserves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Celtic have signed Derek Riordan from Hibs on a bosman. 3 bosmans in the 1 season, I don't think O'Neill know what a bosman was. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Steed Malbranque is put on the transfer list by Fulham because he has failed to sign a new contract, stating that he is happy to see out his current contract. They put him on the TL, as they want to make money from him as opposed to gaining nothing if he was to leave on a bosman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He'd be handy for Liverpool. Speaking of which Rafa seems to have list of 7 players - Cisse, Morintes, Pongolle, Le Tallac, Diao, Cheyrou and Traore on the way out.

Mike.

Steed Malbranque is put on the transfer list by Fulham because he has failed to sign a new contract, stating that he is happy to see out his current contract. They put him on the TL, as they want to make money from him as opposed to gaining nothing if he was to leave on a bosman.
    Coleman wants Petrov so I wouldn't mind a swap deal. That'd need too many parties to agree so it's not going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

If petrov was available for a good price, I wouldn't mind if ManU picked him up. I've always liked him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,515 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I heard something like Van Nistlerooy might be swapped for Diarra(the Lyon lad). Only a rumour so dont know much else about it

Mushy wrote:
    I heard something like Van Nistlerooy might be swapped for Diarra(the Lyon lad). Only a rumour so dont know much else about it

Source: The Press, this story has been running for weeks, started the day after the Charlton game

Not a straight swap though, it's reported that Lyon want 12 million on top of the swap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Not a straight swap though, it's reported that Lyon want 12 million on top of the swap.
    No thanks.

The Petrov one could be interesting. He's not the world beater we've all waited for at United but I think he could be a success. They would still need to sign another top rate central midfielder if they got him - he wouldn't cost an arm and a leg anyway so that shouldn't be a problem.

Something for the blackburn supporters

Dickov released from contract after he turned down a new deal

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/5000330.stm

• Advertisement

Something for the blackburn supporters

Dickov released from contract after he turned down a new deal

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/5000330.stm

Been on the cards for weeks, with Bellamy up front they couldnt really play Dickov because both of them are small players and Dickov has no real pace. They have Bellamy/Savage to wind up players fo Dickov was the odd man out. News of Blackburn moving for Gudjohnson which wold be a great move for Blackburn, him and Bellamy up front would be a good combination.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Milan in for Tevez if Shevchenko leaves according to Italian press.
    Carlo wants a "solid in-front of defence" midfielder to allow Pirlo more freedom as well so Roumer is Tevez and Masacherno ariving in a 40m+ deal.

Apparently Abromovich is good friend with Kia whatever his name is that runs Corinthians and has indicated that he will help Milan get Tevez if they let Shevchenko join Chelski.

This is a shock:
    Bordeaux chairman Jean-Louis Triaud has revealed that both Tottenham Hotspur and Celtic are in talks to sign Brazilian star Denilson.

The former Real Betis winger is out of contract and looks set to leave the Ligue 1 side as they are unable to match his wage demands.

Denilson had seemed keen to stay with Les Girondins, with the club finishing an impressive second in the league, but has been unable to agree a new deal and is now negotiating elsewhere.

Triaud has revealed that Scottish champions Celtic and Martin Jol's Spurs are in talks with the star who once commanded a world record transfer fee when he moved from Sao Paulo to Real Betis for £21.5 million.

"Denilson is in contact with both Celtic and Tottenham," Triaud told RMC.

After his move to Spain, Denilson's career hit a severe downward spiral, but a move to Jol's progressive outfit would represent a clear change in fortunes after rebuilding his reputation at Bordeaux.

The silky winger would also be a fantastic boost to Gordon Strachan's squad as he prepares for UEFA Champions League football next season, but Bordeaux are still negotiating with the player regarding a contract extension.
    He'd want to take a big pay cut to join Celtic. And he's only 28.:eek: :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Chelsea are holding talks with Feyenoord striker Salomon Kalou over a move to the Premiership according to the BBC

Celtic have been in talks with Madrid about signing Graveson...

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

eirebhoy wrote:
    Celtic have been in talks with Madrid about signing Graveson...
    Man City also linked with him, and Barton has blotted his copybook once more recently...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jimmyboy

There is talks of Quinton Fortune making a move to Celtic after talking with Roy Keane and Gordon Strachan. Aswell, heres a brazilian linked with united. His names Kerlon(the seal) you will see why they call him that after seeing how he dribbles with the ball. Heres the link http://youtube.com/watch?v=E9eAiQYkDJY&search=kerlon%20moura

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Kerlon story broke a week or 2 back. His club denied anything had been agreed on. Haven't heard anything since though

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

Juventus have signed C zanetti and C marchionni so far www.juventus.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Hamburg have bought Vincent Kompany from Anderlecht. Daniel van Buyten has gon to Bayern Munich from hamburg.

Kompany is a very good player. There going to be a very tough side to beat in the Champions league qualifier. Hope to god liverpool dont draw them.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

Vna Buyten was a rock when he was on loan at Man City 2 seasons ago. Was at the Man City - Birmingham game at City of Manchester stadium and himself and Dunne won every high ball going in that game.

13 days later....finally signed.
    EVERTON SIGN LESCOTT
    By: Scott McLeod

Everton can confirm the signing of defender Joleon Lescott.

The 23-year-old central defender has completed his transfer from Wolves for an undisclosed fee.

He put pen to paper at Goodison on Wednesday morning in the presence of manager David Moyes.

Lescott has signed a four-year deal with the Blues.

Celtic have signed Jarosik from Chelsea and a 19 year old Dutch U21 defender Evander Sno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

is he not a midfielder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Jarosik will do well up in Glasgow. He has the physical presence and skill level to make an impact. Good signing. As for the Dutch lad, I've never seen him play.

• Advertisement

is he not a midfielder?
    Seems to be a centre half or holding midfielder. Doubt we'll see much of him for a while anyway.

Advertisement