Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom and there crappy upload speed

• 31-05-2005 3:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭

Seen as everyone else is ranting on about eircom i thought i might as well. Why the hell is there 1mb and 2mb services have the same upload speed of 128kb per sec. This is stupid. Y not double the upload when they doubled the download.

I also find it really annoying when downloading off torrent sites cos i can download at over 200kb but only upload at a disapointing 10kb. This is really annoying as my ratio is rubbish cos i can't upload fast enough.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

I now its annoying but in fairness Shanegggg most people don't upload as much as they download and the majority of the time the upload is only used for webpage requests, so a high speed is not essential. Although I do see your point. Its a pain in the neck having a 128k upload when playin games, your connection slows everyone down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Shanegggg wrote:
    I also find it really annoying when downloading off torrent sites...
    Linux ISO's of course ....

Yeah - the upload is crippling ireland's "broadband" :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Does Ireland have the highest percentage of Linux ISO downloaders ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Fionn McCOOL

Torrent and p2p apps are pure ****e and only for n00bs. Look elsewhere and you will never have to worry about ****y ratios again.

Edit : After browsing the forums I get the feeling there's alot of BT users here. Kinda wish I kept my feelings about BT to myself now. Ahh well, forgive and forget and all that :o

Torrent and p2p apps are pure ****e and only for n00bs. Look elsewhere and you will never have to worry about ****y ratios again.

If your trying to make sense you should drop a few of those numbers and *'s from your post.

"n00bs" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Indeed, I really need at least 512 up, for a remote cctv video monitoring system, but the most eircom can give me is 256k, its a bit of a joke, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Why do you not speelcheck you thread heading ? Thier not There

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

tEh l33t HaXX0rs geTs t3h F1les QuicKaRRR

sap.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Indeed, I really need at least 512 up, for a remote cctv video monitoring system, but the most eircom can give me is 256k, its a bit of a joke, tbh.

You should look at IBB and Leap. They offer symetrical BB services over wireless and DSL. This means that the upload speed and the download speed are the same:

http://www.irishbroadband.ie/
    http://www.leap.ie/

TimAy wrote:

sap.

Typical, Joined an Irish forum for the first time today and get flamed. Guess you guys are just too 1337 for me. :-(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

TimAy wrote:

sap.

Lol. :)

Yeah the uploads are a joke. I would like at least 256Kbps. Eventually we are going to have to catch up with the rest of the world..

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Typical, Joined an Irish forum for the first time today and get flamed. Guess you guys are just too 1337 for me.

Hi Fionn, welcome to boards.

Typically people don't like language or name calling here on boards (with the exception of calling Eircom names, of course!!!), boards is a bit more civilised then that.

Just talk to people on boards in the way you would talk to people in the real world and you will get on great on boards.

Wasn't name calling, just my views on p2p. Other forums I'm on don't censor so sorry if I offended and thanks for the welcome bK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Wasn't name calling, just my views on p2p. Other forums I'm on don't censor so sorry if I offended and thanks for the welcome bK.

Welcome to broadband forum also.

Nice to have some new blood.

I for one am getting sick of the repetitive drivel that seems to be discussed everyweek!

X

Typical, Joined an Irish forum for the first time today and get flamed. Guess you guys are just too 1337 for me. :-(

Oh jesus. This is a broadband discussion forum, not a place to be 0wned by 133t d00ds.

Knock off the dumb leet speak and try form readable sentences and I'm sure you will be just fine brother :)
    Xcellor wrote:
    Welcome to broadband forum also.

Nice to have some new blood.

I for one am getting sick of the repetitive drivel that seems to be discussed everyweek!

X

Its funny the amount of people that start new problem threads the day they join then never are to be seen again :)

lol, no no, you will be glad to hear I'm here to stay :-D@<

Advertisement