Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB 500+ Installs Waiting....

• 31-05-2005 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Just found out IBB has over 900 customers waiting to be connected! That includes Ripwave i think, its lot still. I didnt think IBB was this popular.
    Does anyone know how many connections each tower can hold at oen time?

Also i only read today about the 2MB product.... Called up a friend of mine to get it upgraded. One hour later im at 2MB..... YAY! :D

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Whos your friend, im still on 1mb:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

Dunno wanna get him/her into trouble.... So their just "a friend" lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

i'll be waiting 6 weeks this friday for IBB Beeze install, 899 others waiting maybe sorta explains the delay i'm experiencing !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭inigo

Just found out IBB has over 900 customers waiting to be connected! That includes Ripwave i think, its lot still. I didnt think IBB was this popular.

Also i only read today about the 2MB product.... Called up a friend of mine to get it upgraded. One hour later im at 2MB..... YAY! :D

Is Ripwave not self-install? Do you mean people are waiting for installation or does this also apply to connections?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Ok according to an IBB engineer I know. He told me each ariel had 100 meg bandwith. Thats 100 customers at 1 meg or 50 at 2 meg and so on. Im off the atrium in D15 it has an ariel on each cornor thats 200 - 400 customers on that site. It may have more antenna now as I was speaking to him 2 months ago about that. I dont know the capacity of any of the other high sites but I would imagine it would be similar, or better depending on the population dencity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

yeah but you have to remem ber with contention (sp?) of 24:1 avarage, you would get up to 2400 people with a 1meg line onto a mast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Board@Work

I applied last week for 2mb breeze and was told 4 week wait.. I'm just going to have to wait and see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Gilgamesh wrote:
    yeah but you have to remem ber with contention (sp?) of 24:1 avarage, you would get up to 2400 people with a 1meg line onto a mast.
    But no ISP worth their salt would actually max out contention like that. It would be the fastest way to lose customers. Contention is there more as a failsafe for when people don't get their max speed, or for when the ISP don't buy extra bandwidth on time :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I ordered mine on the 4th of May as part of my new project:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=252743

Got it installed yesterday morning. Cool so far.

MrP

Advertisement